College Football Playoff Rankings

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Olehornfan, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

1 Georgia 8-0
    2 Alabama 7-1
    3 Michigan State 8-0
    4 Oregon 7-1
    5 Ohio State 7-1
    6 Cincinnati 8-0
    7 Michigan 7-1
    8 Oklahoma 9-0
    9 Wake Forest 8-0
    10 Notre Dame 7-1
    11 Oklahoma State 7-1
    12 Baylor 7-1
    This ought to rankle a few feathers. Maybe get a real playoff sooner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Total BS. It's better for Bama to lose than MSU to win? As much as I hate OU, it's better for UM to lose than OU to squeak by?

Then, of course, Cinncy... Since we know one of UGA / Bama will lose, and one of MSU / tOSU will lose, I expect Cinny to win out .... and finish the season ranked #7 in the CFP as the final FU to the G5.

3. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

To underscore the SEC bias in this ranking, Miss St is ranked 17th at 5-3. Their one quality win was against A&M. What a joke. I don't know if this season has a clear team who looks dominate. Georgia is the closest but their quality wins are not looking as impressive as the season goes on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

UM lost to #3. OU squeaked by mediocre teams like TU and UT. Yes, Meatchicken should be ahead of OU. If Riley had benched Rattler at the beginning of the season I bet OU would be in the top 4 right now.

5. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

ou still has to play Iowa State and Oklahoma State - not easy tasks. If they're undefeated at the end of the season, they'll move up. The big question - if Bama beats Georgia in the SEC Championship game, and they're both one-loss teams, do they both get in? The Big Ten champ will almost certainly be in. Is Oregon in - or does ou get the slot?

6. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I bet aggie is going ape crazy.
    Get ready to throw rocks at me, I’m ready.

Texas plays Cincy schedule- they are a one loss team.
    And is undefeated playing Wakes schedule

I do not agree with the “undefeated “ means I get ranked really high thought process.geez-

Each SEC is darn near guaranteed 3 wins when they play non FBS teams. For crying out loud you all know what I’m talking about …so moon don’t go do a research project to prove one SEC team only played 2FBS teams in the last decade, you know what I mean. SEC historically has at least two teams on their schedule that no one knew fielded a football team.
    Bama tried to schedule Wellesley this year.

Okie lite and BU? Hmmm okay

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  7. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Exactly this is a clown show. We desperately need an expanded playoff

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

They aren't in the AP Poll or Coaches Poll...

9. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

IMO we should move to the P4 conference structure. Minimum 16 teams per conference. Have the playoff consist of the four conference champs. No fluff, no politics, just the best of the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Also of interest is the bottom of the CFP rankings.
    20. Minnesota 6-2
    21. Wisconsin 5-3
    22. Iowa 6-2
    23. Fresno State 7-2
    24. San Diego State 7-1

25. Pittsburgh 6-2

No ranking for 7-1 Houston or 7-1 SMU.
    Let's see:
    • SMU's P5 win is over TCU.
    • Houston's only good win is over SMU with no P5 wins.
    • SDSU's P5 wins are over Arizona and Utah.
    • Fresno's St's only good win is over SDSU with no P5 wins.
    For G5 schools, the CFP is saying P5 victories are good (SDSU) and so is beating the team who has the most P5 victories even if you have none yourself and the most losses (Fresno St)? And the requirement is two P5 victories to be over 6-2 Pitt? Not like Houston is right behind the Freseno St / SDSU pair.