Colt McCoy v Patriots Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Oct 6, 2019.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

He will probably get annihilated by the Patriots but I will watch every down anyway and keep you updated for those who don’t get the game. If anybody else who can get the game would like to help share the load of the commentary, I would appreciate it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  2. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Completes first pass for a first down

3. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Sacked on third down. No receivers open and good pass rush by Patriots. Brady’s turn

4. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Any QB will struggle against this D. Going to be a long day for Colt.

5. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Wash returns favor and sacks Brady on third down. Colt’s turn again.

6. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Wash scores on very long run (65 yards) by Steven Sims, rookie free agent from Kansas. That was on second down, so Colt did not have to pass on that series. First time N E has trailed this Season

• Like Like x 1
  7. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

NE scores. After long but quick drive. That was way too easy. Missed extra point, so Wash still leads. Colt’s turn.

8. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Colt sacked on first down. Almost sacked on second down. Screen incomplete on third down. NE rusher was all over Colt again. No chance. Brady’s turn. Brady sacked again on first down. Then a 20 yard completion followed by an 11 yard completion followed by five yard completion. You get the idea. Offensive pass interference. Probably won’t make a difference. 3rd and four. Illegal procedure. 3rd and nine. Wash has worst 3rd down defense in NFL. First down by inches. Challenge. Even if Wash wins challenge, NE will probably go for it. Wash won challenge, and NE is going for it. Tried trick play direct snap to running back. Wash not buying it. Colt’s turn.

• Like Like x 1
  9. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

I'm afraid he isn't going to have much time to throw today. That line is pretty porous.

10. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Two runs by Peterson, third and 2. Colt completes pass for first down.

11. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Colt scrambles for nine. End of first quarter. Colt wins first quarter by one. ;) Colt sacked on third down.. Brady’s turn.

12. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Guy with best view right there doesn't throw a flag. Some *** hole a mile away comes in and throws a flag. I hate refs. When I reffed basketball, if the ref right under the basket didn't call it, if I was up top I certainly wasn't going to call something right under the basket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Long pass interference on Wash. Gruden challenges. He is going to lose this challenge. Call stands. Brady throws two incompletions. Third and ten. 4th and two. Field goal try. Good. Colt’s turn.

14. militaryhorn

Dumb flag, no way that was PI

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Running play lost yards on first down. Colt completes short pass on second. Scramble on third. Not far enough.

16. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

NE will have to punt again. Redskins defense certainly has been holding up its end. Colt’s turn. Please block for him. Completed pass but receiver fumbles. Drats.

17. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

NE third and six at 12. Washington puts pressure on Brady. Bad pass. Intercepted by Washington on its half yard line. Peterson gets it out to 4. False start on Wash. Colt good pass to 21. Then holding on Wash on first down. Then a false start on Wash. I pity Colt having to play with these guys. Another hold on Wash. Declined. Second and 21. Completed pass.Third and 15. Completed pass for 11 yards. Wash has to punt at 2 minute warning.

18. militaryhorn

Washington killing themselves in this game with turnovers and penalties...geesh

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Brady throws a pick at the 1. Colt completes a 20 yard pass while deep in the end zone to get out of the danger a bit. But Washington has now committed 2 false starts and 2 holds this drive, so they are back inside the 10 again. Geez.

20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Stands super empty. Washington the football team may have even less support than Washington the congress...

21. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Take it to the West Mall, pal. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. militaryhorn

You're giving Congress to much credit. No way they get that much support.

23. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Who would have predicted Wash would get the ball with a bit of time remaining in first half only down by 2?

24. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Colt just threw terrible, terrible interception. Can defense save Wash again and hold NE to FG? YES.

25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Just got that pic on Red Zone. Was bad but obvious miscommunication with receiver. Colt threw right receiver went left. Pretty obvious on replay, and you could see the two communicating after. Sucks no matter what.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Not sure if that was Colt's fault or not. His slot receiver ran 5 yards downfield, then took a 2-step feint to the inside and cut back towards the sideline. Right when he was a step into the feint, Colt threw to a spot where he would have been had he kept running towards the middle of the field. Clearly a mixup between the two of them; without knowing the play call I have no idea who was wrong. They were discussing it afterward and neither seemed upset at the other which is always a good sign.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

OT during half time, Giants rookie QB Jones is damn good.

28. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

NE driving to start second half. Hoping Wash can hold them to field goal again. Nope. TD pass. Nurts. Colt’s turn.

29. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Colt completes first pass, to third string TE. Another completion, to rookie. Another effing penalty on Wash. colt completes third pass in a row. Third and long. No good.

30. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

I am going to switch to another game while NE has ball.