Comey and Mueller

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The way Strzok arranged his wording there is no other logical explanation for me except it was something nefarious. This is a smoking gun. NJ has his own explanations but I don't agree with them.

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

The fact that the IRS settled lawsuits with the Tea party orgs is an indictment of the IRS. Though I defended them in the moment I have no interest in defending them now.

On a personal note, I do support any lawful methods the IRS conducts to ferret out tax fraud.

3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

No one was punished or blamed, no one suffered any repercussions, except for... wait for it... THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WHO PAID FOR THE SETTLEMENTS. Wow, we sure showed the IRS, didn't we? They'll think twice before they try something like THAT again!

Yeah that's awfully convenient. You defended them when it mattered, and now that it doesn't, you "pull a Hillary" - AT THIS POINT, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?? Have you heard any Democrats coming out and acknowledging that this was a bad thing? That it was wrong? Maybe I missed it - it sure wasn't publicized if they did.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You people have no faith in Mueller to be able to manage this? That's what I don't get. He's a GOP appointed former FBI Director. He's not like Eric Holder or Susan Rice investigating Trump.

5. Seattle Husker

Not sure what you're expecting. I inferred I was wrong for defending them. I've admitted my frailty. Recognizing that's a foreign concept in current conservative ideology I'll give you a pass.

6. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Uh.............. NO! I think most went in believing that he would but that's not what's happening. The first clue was all of the appointees he recruited that were big advocates and donors to Hillary Clinton. Then he had to fire one back in June or July and kept it quiet. I actually though Comey was a good guy at one time till he pulled his stunts.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Acknowledge of wrongdoing by those involved would have been nice. Punishment of people who committed crimes would have been good, too. As it stands, I see no reason that the Dems won't go right back to that well if/when they regain power, because it cost them nothing the last time.

Your argument is like saying that "well, there were sexual harassment suits filed against congressmen, but they settled, so that's an indictment of them." It's clearly not.

For clarity's sake, it's not about you or whether you do or don't approve of what happened. It's about the fact that you don't seem to get why conservatives don't think the issue was addressed. The fact that we continue to see MSM articles about the "scandal-free Obama administration" tell me that in large part, liberals do not believe that targeting conservatives is an issue.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

He needs a vowel in there between the R and the Z. :) It's more than likely a Slavic surname.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So McCabe finally re-set his appearance for Tuesday.
    As outlined above, he was scheduled to testify when the Ohr news broke. He then abruptly canceled without warning. Later saying he had a "scheduling conflict" Really dude?

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

At some point in the future, he will blame high school bullying over his name for his subsequent criminal acts.

12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Andrew McCabe is probably the "Andy" that was mentioned in Strzok's emails as well.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

no doubt

14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Patriots standing at the gate doing the Lord's work. Just sayin'.

15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

If you don't care about the rule of law maybe America is not the place for you.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So the Trump Russia "probe" was a ploy to keep Trump out of the White House and/or kneecapping his administration. The "insurance policy" was opening a counter intelligence investigation to spy on a presidential campaign and then keep him from governing if he wins.

Who is shocked? Raise your hands.

It looks like whoever knows Strzok who is leaking this stuff thinks we should be comforted that his plan was not to eliminate Trump. But all it really shows is that Strzok needs better friends.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This guy was really high up at Justice
    His and McCabe's lack of testimony make for an interesting contrast with Trumpfolk
    The Trump people are asked to appear, they do so voluntarily and stay as long as requested
    But whenever an Obama or Clinton team member is asked, they refuse to appear, delay, or plead the 5th.
    How do you account for that difference?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

They are all as guilty as sin, and need time to make up some stupid-assed story that only idiots like SH and Dem congressmen will believe.

• Like Like x 3
  19. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I wish that were on CSpan. I want to see it for myself

23. Seattle Husker

24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

That's why we need to have these investigations open to the public so people can decide for themselves and not via biased news agencies.

25. Seattle Husker

I have no problem with the idea that the congressional investigations should be open to the public. They are politically driven shitshows thus inconsequential for anything more than scoring political points. The Mueller investigation is a criminal investigation thus should act as any other criminal investigation.

26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I love the new narrative that the FBI is some kind of liberal hotbed. :)

27. Seattle Husker

Here is a link to an article regarding a study on whether the FBI is perceived as liberal or conservative based on a survey of government employees. The right has gone crazy with many of their narratives.

[​IMG]

28. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The Mueller investigation has been a shitshow in its own right. Corruption beyond belief.

29. Seattle Husker

That's one opinion.

30. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

But conservative in what way I guess? Conservative vs liberal are loaded labels whose definitions shift from person to person.

Regardless of what political stance the FBI takes. The documented facts from the Collusion Investigation should cause all Americans to take a step back from our faith in them. Not saying they don't ever get it right or protect us citizens, but it looks like there is much they (FBI, CIA, NSA) do to protect themselves, their power, their interests, and their paychecks regardless of what it does to citizens.

• Like Like x 1