Comey and Mueller

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Sh!t happens. Who knows whether this was Samusung's fault or lack of testing the upgrade but kudos to Trump to at least stem the movement of the conspiracy theorists in the torch and pitchfork march towards the FBI headquarters.

Here is a story detailing the problem that resulted in the lost texts. I doubt this will stop the conspiracy theorists from claiming malfeasance for years though. This will consistently be cited and implied that the FBI was protecting Stzrok.

From the article, this seems like and FBI telecom team issue, not Samsung:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Apparently that's the new democrat mantra when dealing with sharing classified documents, destroying hard drives with evidence on them, using opposition research to justify FISA warrants, "losing" very specifically dated text messages, etc...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seattle Husker

Thank you for proving my point. This is for you.
    [​IMG]

4. ProdigalHorn

Wow... So now I'm a tinfoil hat wearing lunatic? Because I think that your attitude toward lost evidence is ridiculously partisan and dishonest?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Seattle Husker

No, because I just linked a report that this was a "major glitch that effected thousands of phones" (Fox news quote) and you continue to say "lost" is if it was intentional. Yes, you sir in this instance deserve a tinfoil hat because you are being "ridiculously partisan" in this instance. I'll stop short of calling you dishonest.

Here is the Foxnews.com story.

6. ProdigalHorn

You edited your post after I'd already responded to add a story that I never saw when I responded to you. I list a number of continuing issues that democrats (you included) have simply shrugged off with no concern other than people need to just stop asking all these questions and digging for answers. And you post the tinfoil hat insult. Maybe I should go back to my posts, add stuff into them, and then critique you for not reading them?

7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Maybe it is glitch and maybe it isn't. However, to call Prodigal Horn a conspiracy theorist after all the **** that has been done by the democrats(and FBI) really shows you how out of touch you are with reality. Here we have the one of the stupidest conspiracy theories known to man (Trump colluding with Russia) but yet you take that seriously. Unbelievable.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seattle Husker

I'll roll with that. I added the link to the second article to TheHill that details the "glitch". So you're saying you don't believe our POTUS tweet which was in the original? If so, I can understand why you may not want to trust Donald.

Shrugged with now concern? I hadn't commented at all on the lost texts but rather waited for more info. Waiting for more info is now "shrugged off with no concern"?

Wining about the "tinfoil hat insult" after this (below)? That's rich. Based on new information, only one side was being "ridiculously partisan and dishonest" with regard to the lost texts and it wasn't my side.

9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Being partisan and dishonest is pretty much Husker's M.O..

10. Seattle Husker

In other words...reality. :lmao:

Meanwhile, neither of the people claiming I'm being "partisan and dishonest" have acknowledged their *** hanging in the wind on this topic. It's a Trump trait...don't admit when you are wrong but rather attack more. OK.

This should be a lesson not to follow the Pied Piper (aka JoeFan) without questioning what you are reading.

11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

:lmao:

12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, it's such a stretch not to believe what the FBI is selling. As I said it could be the truth but it also might not be. The FBI has done nothing to earn our trust as of late.

13. Seattle Husker

It's such a stretch to believe that the FBI lost this data through technical accident vs. purposely "lost" it for thousands of phone to cover up Stzrok and Page? Really? Y'all are so far down the rabbit hole there may be no way back.

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It's not a stretch. If you're looking at odds there's a much better chance that the FBI deleted their own data than for a sitting president to collude with the enemy.

15. Seattle Husker

Non-sequitor. One has nothing to do with the other.

For the record, I have never claimed DJT collusion with Russia.

16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'm just applying odds and one is much more likely than the other. Btw, do you believe there's a small chance that there is collusion with Russia?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Husker, if my memory serves me didn't you say the exact things during the IRS scandal? Was it or was it not a "conspiracy theory" that turned out to be true?

18. Seattle Husker

I've had my mea culpa for that story here. Not sure you want to compare the success rate of right wing conspiracy theories advanced on this board.

19. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Wasn't Boies hired by Al Gore for the Florida mess in 2000?

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And he defended one of the Kennedy's on rape charges
    In that trial, we learned Teddy had a long history of walking around the beaches, drunk, wearing a t-shirt and nothing on below

21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You were also saying that Hillary being ill was a right wing conspiracy. Perhaps they're more than just "right wing conspiracies". Did that occur to you? If you don't see the current corruption in the upper echelon of the FBI you are blind.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  22. ProdigalHorn

First of all, Trump tweets are basically like white noise at this point. Who knows what he's talking about. Second, is he saying "Blaming Samsung" meaning that he blames Samsung? More likely he's making fun of what he thinks the FBI is doing, which is saying it was a Samsung issue. Thirdly, I don't care.

This whole thing started with a post I made regarding your response, and my point was that basically every time Dems get called out for missing evidence, emails, tweets, inaccurate testimony, etc..., the response from the left is basically just what you said. My response wasn't specific to these texts, and it wasn't even specifically addressed to you.

You then went into attack mode. So anything I responded from there was probably harsher than it should have been because you decided to start insulting. Not me. You.

Regardless of why they're missing, those texts aren't central to the issue. I suspect there won't be anything other than more examples of what we already know about Strzok and his clear bias.

But I'm sure he's completely above board, completely impartial, and had absolutely no personal interest in finding something on Trump after having been involved in whitewashing Hillary's email issues.

23. Paul S. Nichols

Paul S. Nichols 25+ Posts

Bottom Line, the FBI and the US Justice Dept will never fully recover from all the collusion & damage done...like all the rest of our government, it too has been politicized over the last 10 years.

I do not see how any logically thinking citizen (regardless of political affiliation) would ever believe anything they say and further I doubt either left or right would ever trust them to be unbiased and ethical in approaching their defined tasks again.

While all this inbreeding and in fighting has been going on, China has been stealing all the technology they could ever want (why they have closed the gap from a poor. technologically starved totalitarian & agrarian economy to now trying to lead the world technologically...in just 25-30 years) and simultaneously we get North Korea shooting off Nuke missiles and their mouths on a continuous basis.

When integrity goes ... everything else follows.

Paul S. Nichols

• Like Like x 1
  24. Seattle Husker

You realize that the alt-right (JoeFan on this board) was claiming definitive evidence of a neurological disorder and the actual illness was "pneumonia", right? Do you see the difference? Orders of magnitude maybe? I think there is a high likelihood of taking a grain of sand and proclaiming it to be a "mountain" with much of the "FBI is corrupt" noise.

25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

If you believe anything that Hillary and her doctor put out that's your prerogative. I'll remain skeptical. If you don't see that the FBI is corrupt with the evidence out there you're extremely naive.

• Like Like x 1
  26. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yep. Passes out from "pneumonia", goes to her daughter' house, not an ER, and is miraculously fine hours later. The press does not pursue that story, yet the doctor who pronounced Trump fit gets absolutely grilled on it.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

According to SH, if we don't accept the word of known liars we're conspiracy theorists.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Seattle Husker

I was working on an IT project with a guy that fainted at his desk in the middle of the day. This was a guy who had ran 20+ marathons to that point. We of course called the ambulence. The diagnosis? Exhaustion and a prescription to hydrate better. He was back at work the next day.

29. Seattle Husker

Is "known liars" a euphemism for information you don't want to believe? There are so many I can't keep track.

Question, do you today believe that HRC has a neurological condition?

30. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

So, he didn't just go to Chelsea's place? How odd.

Anyway, the Hillary passing out thing garners no questioning from the MSM on her fitness for office yet they are questioning Trump's fitness even after being pronounced very fit.

• Like Like x 1