Congratulations Texas

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by geewago, Feb 7, 2017.

1. geewago

geewago 100+ Posts

I have watched you twice this year in person and twice on TV and I can truly say You played the best game of the year here in Waco monday night. Baylor slouched around for two and a half qtrs before they started looking like themselves and it was to little too late. This really makes the rematch in Austin became very important for both teams. For some strange reason the Lady Bears have been better on the road this year than at home. Very unusual for any team. I look forward to coming down and watching the rematch. I really believe my team will be ready for you next time. But until then congrats again you played to win and it was impressive.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yeah, I guess Texas had nothing to do with that.

You are right about fans looking forward to that rematch in Austin. though. ESPN is probably salivating about that game.

BU may play better on the road but Texas, like most teams, plays better at home. That should be interesting.

The team has played well before so this game was not exactly an anomaly.

Looking forward to the rematch, but first, there are three other games to play.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Not really our best game but definitely our best win. It was a pretty normal performance for us except one of our leading scorers had 1 point which I doubt happens again. Our others scorers had their typical great game. We've scored 80+ before so I have no doubt we can do it again. We'll be ready.

• Like Like x 4
  4. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

To me this is the best Texas has looked this year.Especially on Offense.
    The good thang is,Texas has not peeked yet.
    They can end up being a Top 5 team.
    Texas is probably the fast team in nation, over all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Dumb passes in the paint, scoring lulls, dumb fouls; keep Texas from being able to play with U Conn....They can be a very good team.

6. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

"Baylor slouched around for 2 and 1/2 quarters"........ REALLY??? THEN, you try and act like you are congratulating us??? TYPICAL ARROGANT Baylor fan.

• Like Like x 5
  7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

You pretty much said the same thing before the Baylor game that we weren't gonna win. :rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 9
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

GODFREY DANIELS!! What is this wanton hubris!?

• Like Like x 3
  9. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Great Job Texas.
    Hookem'

10. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Translation: "You're really not as good as you played in Waco Monday. Baylor sucked for two and a half quarters. When Baylor finally started playing like the champion we all know them to be, it was too late. Baylor will be back to its old self when they travel to Austin and we'll kick your ***. Enjoy this fluke of a win while you can because it will be another 14 games until you get another."

Thanks for the enlightening post. Please stop by anytime to deliver backhanded compliments and remind us how lucky Texas is to win.

• Like Like x 4
  11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Funny, for the past two years we went toe-to-toe with UConn for three quarters of the game... Last season in the Regional Final (check the box score by quarter) with their three first-round WNBA picks and early this season with our youth, inexperience, and Ariel missing almost the entire game. While I don't consider those moral victories, I do think it says we're capable of competing with them.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

We seem to play to the level of competition. That will usually get you beat a couple of times a year when the momentum swings the wrong way at the end of a game. 31 turnovers against KU is the perfect example, but fortunately we escaped that one unlike the FB team.

13. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Right now I would think we have nothing to complain about, but I'm sure some of us will always find something

• Like Like x 3