Connor Williams He Gone

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, Nov 27, 2017.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Should be chump change if one will make $10M.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Eh, we had plenty of "next men up" who got lots of practice and game time this year but it didn't do any good.

Good luck Connor! I hope it all works out for ya.

• Like Like x 2
  3. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

but they'll be back and he won't, thus the point.

4. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

He needs to finish the mission in my opinion. His team is counting on him. The QB is counting on him. It does leaves a bad taste and I'm sure one day he'll regret it. Williams seems injury prone and missed a lot to games so you'd think he'd be hungry to compete and show the NFL that he is solid. I think it might cost him more than he thinks by not playing.
    Anyhoo, I think we were 2-3 with him this year so there is that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

it's just too much money to trifle with. i'm sure they did their due diligence and he's going to do well in the draft

6. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I am too biased to be objective. I hate it for college football. I understand it for the young man. But I love CFB, don't give a rat's *** bout the pros. Wish it was another way for both

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  7. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yep^^^
    And this^^^

From what we saw on the field, and the vast majority of posts, we were all flummoxed with the O line, its coaching, its performance, its futilities. As the songster said, "there's something weird going on here."

And by the way, Good luck to Conner. I wish him the very best. And thanks for your time at the 40 acres.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bevosbff1973

Bevosbff1973 100+ Posts

Me too. He got beat bad against tech. Gl and goodbye. Out with the old in with the new. He would have been a backup on 2005 team. Then again, nobody on this years offense would have seen the field in 2005.

9. horn by commitee

horn by commitee 25+ Posts

Good luck to Connor!! We wish you the best!! 2 things: If he came back for the last two games I have no doubt he would've played in a major bowl game. Also recruits will see Horns can put an OL in the 1st round of the draft!!

" With the ___ pick in the 1st round of the 2018 draft the ______ ______ select Connor Williams , OL, University of Texas". Hope those 2019 OL recruits will be watching!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Warehime wasn't getting **** out of anyone not named Williams this year. Even Vahe had issues, and I think Connor's penalties we're mostly frustration-related due to everyone else on the line botching their assignments repeatedly.

Cuney and McMillon were both graduating anyhow this year.

I guess the silver lining is that every recruit seems to be a fit at OT at the moment. Might give us some leeway to move guys around.

C - Shack
    G - Vahe, Rodriguez (assuming he returns), Hudson, Anderson
    T - Kerstetter, Okafor, Imade, Urquidez, Ghirmai, Moore, and a possible transfer.

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Sure they would...they just would have had a view from the Student's Section.

12. Bevosbff1973

Bevosbff1973 100+ Posts

Loved CW. Goid player. Next? Gotta move on. The ones that want to be here will be. Had enough of 5-7 to 6-6. Bottom line.....our players are NOT as good as many on here think they are. Help is on the way. Our o line will be much improved next year.

13. Bevosbff1973

Bevosbff1973 100+ Posts

Damn phones.......good.

14. Bevosbff1973

Bevosbff1973 100+ Posts

Couldn't agree more. Correct. Would be 1st team hell raisers!!!!

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I admire kids who go on to pro sports, but come back to finish their degree.

• Like Like x 1
  17. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

When he passed on the bowl game, something doesn’t seem quite right about being excited finishing the degree football was paying for.
    Maybe he should finish his degree up in liberal arts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I see what you did there, but nah. He probably reads Ayn Rand and thinks his conservative **** doesn't stink.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

FOUL

West Mall

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Politics stays on the West Mall. Everyone’s **** stinks equally there.

21. Detective Shilala

Agreed. And that is why I called him out. I will continue to do it unless you do it first.

22. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Detective: I guess I didn’t read liberal arts in the post from a political slant as much as just criticizing the degree plan as something inferior to a “serious” curriculum like business. I think some people hold that view.

But my UT degree in Government is from the CoLA so I may lack the proper educational background to pick up on these subtleties.

Connor W is a finance major, FWIW.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Detective Shilala

2 possibilities here. Ivan Diablo Horn is insulting anyone with a Liberal Arts Degree.
    Or it was a couched, passive aggressive dig at liberals.

I guess the former is possible. Its lame either way.

I think its poetic justice that he is a Finance major.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  24. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

my liberal arts degree is insulted!

• Like Like x 2
  25. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

or simply addressing the preponderance of degree plans in the athletic department.

So "what you did there" may have been projected ... IDK ... whatcha say @IvanDiabloHorn

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Connor is hearing some talk that he will be an OG in the NFL
    The NFL, in general, does not draft guards high in Round One

27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, it's definitely possible that "liberal arts" meant "liberal arts". :D

28. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
    -Freud

• Like Like x 1
  29. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I need to go to the safe thread. I'm feeling uncomfortable.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Holy cow