Cookie in a boot.

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by TEXASMADE, Jan 15, 2012.

1. TEXASMADE

TEXASMADE 250+ Posts

Damn anyone know why?

2. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I would imagine it is the foot she had surgery on this summer and I would not be a bit surprised if she is done for the season - maybe forever. I am just speculating on both - but I do know she has been playing in pain all season so obviously the summer surgery did not completely cure her foot issue.

3. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Well, Outlook says it's a calf strain and that she' game-to-game. That's a far cry from being done 'forever.'!! I know you're only speculating but that's a pretty scay thing to say considering she's becoming more of a force each time out. Get well soon Cokie!

4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

She injured her leg in practice yesterday. I am sure that really screwed up our entire game plan for today. Hope she recovers soon. We need her.

5. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I'm very relieved to hear this - but - as I said she's been playing with pain the whole season, so I've been holding my breath that she would not be able to continue playing. A foot issue with someone as tall as her can be devastating. See Yao Ming.

I'm really glad my speculation was wrong and I hope she is back soon. I'm not sure we would have won today with her in the line up, but I don't think Griner would have had as many points.

6. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Rexy, no excuses.

7. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Take care, Cokie! We need you on the court. [​IMG]

8. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

She actually injured it in the A&M game, but then re-injured yesterday...she is NOT done for the season, thank God, but I doubt she plays vs Iowa St.

RE: "No excuses"...sorry, but losing your biggest Post presence IS a factor...a BIG factor...
    We probably would not have beaten the #1 Team in the country anyway, but we for SURE had no chance w/o Cokie...

[​IMG]

9. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

10. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Little testy arent we Rexy? Thank you goestenkors for another massacre at the Drum! Only 5 years at Texas! [​IMG]

11. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

I know its just semantics at this point, but I would take exception to the word Massacre. It was 18 points to a team that was better than us (even had cokie been in the lineup) and they are better than every other team in the country. Was it a very underwhelming performance? Absolutely, but I would hardly call it a massacre. And further more you used the word "another" which to me implied that its a common occurance. She has only lost in the drum by more than 15 points 4 times. 3 of which came to the #1 team in the country at the time.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

We know about injury. Don't know about calling her Cooki.

She is Cokie Reed Ko Kee.