Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Damn, you could go way on.

- You got fat and got diabetes or had a heart attack or stroke. Insurance shouldn't have to pay to help save you.
    - You got drunk and stupid and banged some stranger who gave you a STD or got you pregnant. Insurance shouldn't cover any of that.
    - You overdosed on drugs. Insurance shouldn't have to pay to save your drug-ridden ***.
    - You drank too much booze and screwed up your liver. Insurance shouldn't have to pay for that.
    - You smoked too much and screwed up your lungs. Insurance shouldn't have to pay for that.
    - You decided one day that you didn't like your schlong anymore and wanted to have it cut off. Insurance shouldn't have to pay for that. Just get a really sharp knife instead.

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think it's mostly the inflation and the crappy jobs report that really changed the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I think everyone should wear a helmet and fire suit on their way to the office. Can’t take any chances you might die today. We must all live forever.

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

5. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I like Mitch Daniels did to the payment plan at Purdue. He may be a weird person but he has some good ideas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The problem is who would pay for that kind of insurance? The insurance companies have to provide services that people actually want.

Now maybe people could pay much lower premiums if they signed a behavior or morals agreement. If a person is participating in less risky behavior an insurance company could potentially make money covering a person like that for a lower amount of money.

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

State of Texas seems to have quickly abandoned any pretense...had an interview with the Presiding Officer of one Board today and the HR person who greeted me said 'masks are at your discretion...the Chairman is not wearing his.'

Whilst making small talk, he mentioned being at the Capitol and noticed nobody else had one on and his quickly came off as well.

I've long felt he was a good selection for that particular position...

• Like Like x 1
  9. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

The Biden administration would hate that. The longer a person lives, the more he is a drag on the Social Security system, drawing benefits and further bankrupting the system. Also, many of us old folks tend to be more politically conservative and we vote in high numbers - the Democrats want to see more GOP voters die off.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not serious, and I don't think iatrogenic is either. We're illustrating the absurdity of AH24's comment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Not that it needs any further illustration, being astonishingly moronic on its face. But y'all did a fine job nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Oh, I didn't think you were calling for that. It just sparked a thought. There could actually be a market for insurance like that. I don't think it would be big enough to build a business on, but you better know. As long as no one is forced into it, it isn't a bad thing and could be a way for some people to save money on insurance.

13. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It's already developing in the auto insurance industry. Use their app and earn significant discounts for safe driving. I believe the healthcare industry has dabbled in the same model.

14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Love this commercial... Allstate TV Commercial, 'Winning' Song by Andrew Bird

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

16. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

7 of 8 had no symptoms and 1 of 8 had symptoms that disappeared quickly (an older coach). Did they have a common source or did one asymptomatic case infect the other vaccinated folks? Note Pfizer vaccine is nearly 100% effective in young folks. Likeliest conclusion was bad testing and the symptoms shown in the one was something else.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Okay did a google search. Basically they weren’t fully vaccinated by any scientific reasoning since they only got one shot.

All of the members who tested positive received the Johnson & Johnson single-dose Covid vaccine on April 7. Part of the explanation may be that the J&J vaccine was 100% effective in preventing severe illness, hospitalization and death but 66% to 72% effective at reducing all Covid infection.

19. Horn2RunAgain

Torres was fully vaccinated per cbs, pinstripe alley.

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, but J&J vaccine which at one shot is half vaccinated relative to Pfizer.

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

How many weeks since J&J shot? Shot given on April 7, which means 5 weeks before testing positive and likely 4 weeks before exposure. It takes at least 8 weeks after the shot to get full immunity.

22. Horn2RunAgain

Mlb network stated he had 2 shots. I believe one of the links I read said the same

23. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ah heck, I have two shots almost every night. Any more and I start to feel immune to anything.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

CNBC:
    All of the members who tested positive received the Johnson & Johnson single-dose Covid vaccine on April 7

• Like Like x 1
  25. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I guess Bubba dislikes that you can only handle 2 shots. I wonder what the equivalent of 2 shots is to Mobilehoma meth.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  26. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

The absurdity of not sick athletes being constantly tested is mind boggling. As I have said many times, who gives a crap about these guys, first of all, and secondly why does anyone care that someone is actually not sick?

This vaccine for this stupid virus is akin to a flu shot. You will still get the Wuhan Kung Flu, potentially, but just won't get AS sick.

:whiteflag:

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s actually a lesser issue than the flu because the vaccine works better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I thought the same thing. Who the hell is Switzer to judge in light of the nasty **** they probably consume in Mobilhoma.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I mean, I'll take more than two shots if need be.

Why are we dragging me here? My commentary on these last two pages has been minimal. That said, get the f'n vaccine!

30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

This is an illustration between Conservatives and Liberals. Liberals want the government to pay, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Nothing you do matters. Personal responsibility is never to be spoken of. Cultural habits that are harmful are to be glorified. Overweight women are to be praised for body beautiful.