Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

In today's Dallas Morning News there is a comment about passing on COVID if your vaccinated or not. Do you guys think this is correct? Why or why not?

COVID-19 vaccines are less effective for people with weakened immune systems. Here’s why

“A vaccinated person will not be able to transmit the virus as readily or severely as an unvaccinated person because fully vaccinated people do not shed as much virus — like the virus in one’s mucus and saliva — as someone who is unvaccinated,” Carlson said."

• Erin Carlson, associate clinical professor and director of graduate public health programs at the University of Texas at Arlington’s College of Nursing and Health Innovation

2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I could see ivermectin being a decent treatment and hydroxychloriquine being an adequate prophylactic. I do have two rather large BUT's.

1. They're aren't the same. Ivermectin isn't a prophylactic.
    2. Their efficacy compared to the vaccine would likely be about the same as comparing OU's Big 12 championships since the Stoops era against the rest of the league.

3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think that is spot on. If you get the virus you spread it through coughing, sneezing, etc. If you have a milder version of the virus, you cough, sneeze, etc. less. It's common sense.

4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I gave blood a few months ago and I got a letter back indicating that I showed no antibodies. It's been over a year.

5. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Any data to back that up? If you are infected and have a serious case I doubt it matters if you were vaxxed or not. I think this statement comes from the idea that vaxxed people have less serious cases on average. Maybe. I think that was more true 6 months ago. Not sure that holds true today, but I haven't seen data specifically on virus shed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

And one of them is growing between your shoulder blades...

:coolnana::coolnana::coolnana:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

So I assume you've been vaxed/boosted. Did they test you for COVID or being vaxed?

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Doesn’t seem to apply to omicron since 85% of adults now have at least one dose and cases recently hit 1 million per day. Also, omicron hit our office for folks who didn’t have natural immunity but 100% fully vaxxed. We had 5 or so folks positive who sit close to each other.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Proof libs are mentally unwell:

10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

That is more easily provable than the WAG that the covid shot reduces symptoms of covid.

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Wait...so you are admitting that you like big buts and you cannot lie?

12. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

It would appear that Bubba like back.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I was hoping SOMEONE got the reference...

• Like Like x 2
  14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Why do we ignore actual medical people?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I know the answer
    Big Pharma and pols

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Pretty much.

20. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

They don't give a damn about the "pols", just the "donations" and funding from Big Pharma.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

22. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

That’s sick 6721 but honestly, should anyone be surprised?

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

One thing I would like to know is what happen if you take both at the same time. Too toxic or will it benefit you even more?

24. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

I have a buddy who was confirmed Covid positive, took ivermectin for two days no fever no symptoms. He still is taking it, I don’t think he needs it, but he’s taking it for 10 days.

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

New Hampshire is likely to pass a bill that will allow people to get ivermectin from pharmacies without seeing a Doc
    Uh guess they missed the "science"that said ivermectin didn't work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Guess that helps explain the continued INCREASE in the price of SPOT shares LOL!

(yes, I know NONE of these artists whining about Rogan are even remotely close to moving the price, but it is fun mocking the libtiles anyhow).

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Let’s see:

1) they lied about the origin
    2) they lied about masks
    3) they lied about lockdowns
    4) they lied about vaccines
    5) they lied about mandates
    6) Biden lied about shutting down the virus

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Yes. Vaxxed, boosted, and waxed. I presume they tested me for live antibodies. My wife showed none as well.