Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 3
    • poop poop x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

PBS and NPR got theirs too - of course

• poop poop x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Office of Museum and Library Services got theirs too.
    Yet they were already been funded once this year.
    But why not throw them an extra $50M?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This bill is a lot like Obama's fake Stimulus
    Remember all of his "shovel ready" baloney? It was basically used to pay folks back who voted for him. It was a legal money laundering scheme
    This one looks no better

This is another example of why the approval rate for our Congress is below that of used car salesmen and exterminators.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

You know, I might just keep using a latex glove when I fill up the car, even after COVID 19 is under control.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

About a year ago I read something saying that gas pump nozzles/handles were by far the filthiest thing you would touch on a regular basis. Worse than anything in a public bathroom even. At that point I started pulling a few of those paper towels that gas stations have by the squeegee next to the pumps and wrapping my hands in them so I didn’t actually touch the pump handle/nozzle. That and some hand sanitizer in the car for a belt and suspenders approach. I think that now most people are doing something like this.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

as a diesel guy ... the only effective method is a rubber glove.

I throw caution to the wind ... get the greasy fuel on my hands ... and whatever else is on that handle ....
    then before I get back in the truck/car (Jetta TDI) ... windex.

reset the trip meter ... ROLL.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The final Senate relief bill also includes $13,000,000 to Howard University in the heart of Washington DC.
    Why Howard—why just this one, particular school?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  10. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

It does have too much pork, but it is a far cry from Obama’s bullshite. This will help thousands of company’s with less than 500 employees as long as the companies keep the employees employed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yeah, a fever.... severe Cabin Fever after 2.5 weeks of working from my Collin County located home office. However I'm grateful I'm able to work from home and stay safe.

On a more serious note, my company corporate HQ office building is in Dallas County. Except for a few key personnel the facility is being locked down at 11:59 PM Thursday night. I suspect & fear some co-workers that cannot work from home will be laid-off effective Friday....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You dont know that yet. There is an amazing amount of pork in this bill. Money is flying all over DC right now. There are multi-millionaires being created out of this bill, at this very moment, who were not even millionaires yesterday. And you are going to be paying for it for a long time, in the form of your taxes. In fact, your grandchildren are still going to be paying for this bill in their taxes long after everyone has forgotten about the coronavirus.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some more things Pelosi snuck into the bill that is supposed to be about the coronavirus -- an unlimited numbers of absentee ballots, and other voting chicanery. Looks like they are well set up now to steal some elections

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

My simple mind says that when the Rs take back the House, they will reverse all this crap...right?

Won't hold my breath.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

(of all people)

New York Govinator Cuomo says of the new bill --

"I'm disappointed ..... it's "reckless."

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I have what I would call a very mild cold. Started Sunday. No fever. I’m working from home due to not being able to access my customer facilities.

17. horninchicago

Same here. Well, I'm on "vacation" this week. Holed up in a guest room. Lost smell and taste 2 days ago. Apparently, that could* be a symptom of CV. It can also be one of the myriad cold viruses or seasonal allergies. Who knows?

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Best of luck

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Where do you think the bill's main author's mistress is an admin?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Hold the PHONE!

"oops ... just kidding" says epidemicologist on whose work all this reaction was based.

trial balloon floated. Oh yes, one-world-government is in the bag, boys!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. horninchicago

Yep, but TV ratings are too good right now to report this. "Go back to normal life" doesn't bring in the viewers and ad revenue. Ironic how they are telling everyone to shut down as they rake in the $$ from ratings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. horninchicago

I have been posting that story about that moron and his model everywhere I can.

• Like Like x 1
  23. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Doesn't seem to be helping does it?

sigh. who wants to get sick? I don't. I don't want my peeps to get sick.

Shoot, I don't even want my antagonists to get DEATHLY sick ... perhaps sometimes, on rare occasion, just sick enough to stand down for a minute or two? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thank you

• Funny Funny x 3
  25. horninchicago

Most people don't die from this. As with any other illness any other year, you should stay home if you are sick. If the flu can kill you, you should probably stay home during the winter every year.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

One hypothesis is that 10x people have been infected than the number known from testing. For that to be true, it has to be mild for many people, such as yourself. There are probably many people quarantining out of caution that likely already got it.

27. horninchicago

Yep, and guess what, if I had flu symptoms I would stay at home as well. That's what reasonable people do.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HIC,

It would take a great pilot to fly into IAH because the pollen is so thick.

The Governor just announced that people traveling from NY to Texas will be quarantined. If you are flying to Austin, having a paid quarantine for 14-20 days would be nice if you can figure out a way get out of Motel 6.

:hookem2:

29. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Well big boy, maybe I do know it, and know it very well.

30. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Because he didn't get more money.

• Funny Funny x 1