Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

2. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

With the Corona virus killing the Asian theatre box office, the release date of the latest James Bond film, "No Time To Die" (kind of an ironic title isn't it?), has been moved from March to November. Even Bond is no match for the virus.

However the greedy capitalists behind the annual South By Southwest Festival in Austin announced it will go on as planned starting next week. Maybe the pot smoke will kill the virus.

3. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Wow!

Sort of like when Lynard Skynard cut that album with the flames all around them (Street Survivors) right before their plane crash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Swine flu (H1N1) was first detected in April 2009. The CDC called it "a unique combination of influenza virus genes never previously identified in either animals or people.” It began to spread immediately. Obama addressed Americans briefly at the end of April (for about 1m). He said “Wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough." He requested some funding to which neither Nancy Pelosi nor Harry Reid accused him of not asking for enough money. They were too busy with Obamacare at the time. And no one accused him of not doing enough to keep Americans safe.

By October, Dr. Thomas Frieden (director of CDC) said “millions of people in the United States have been infected, at least 20,000 have been hospitalized and more than 1,000 have died.” Obama finally declared H1N1 a national emergency on October 24, 2009. On November 12, 2009, the CDC said an estimated 22 million Americans had been infected with H1N1 and 4,000 Americans had died.

Fast forward to 2020. The CCP first reported the coronavirus to the WHO Dec 31, 2019. President Trump declared a public health emergency Jan 31, 2020 and issued the first quarantine order issued by the federal government in over 50 years. He also flew Americans home from Wuhan (into quarantine) and began restricting flights. He also temporary suspended entry into the US of foreign nationals who posed a risk for the transmission of the coronavirus.

In summary, Trump took decisive action to minimize the impact of the coronavirus in the first month. He declared a public health emergency a month before the first US death. For these actions, which were much stronger and quicker than anything Obama did by comparison, he has received nothing but a wall of criticism from Dems and their media friends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Trump lives in your mind, doesn't he?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The numbers from China and Iran cannot be trusted. On anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The WHO is corrupt. They suppressed coronavirus news at the request of the Chinese, who by coincidence provide significant funding to the giant bureaucracy that is the WHO. I thought everyone realized this.

9. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

WHO is corrupt!
    WHO?
    Yes.

WHO is on first base.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think about 2/12 or 2/13 is when China started entering real data. The confusing thing is that D= the number of people die daily. Given that we're talking about the elderly, what the real number they're looking for relates to D+X. X is the mystery. The cruise is a decent example.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Our numbers are skewed because it hit a nursing home type place. That number will go down significantly. All I blame Trump for is not communicating well. He's been both reactionary and dismissive all at once. He's got a flair for that crap. Just let the experts talk and given them credence.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Only South Korea has done extensive testing. Anyone who doesn’t report this is a lying *******.

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

What?

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

And I don’t give a damn!

16. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

zerohedge is a poopshow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  18. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

In West Mall, it is a trusted news source.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'll agree Zerohedge is garbage. However, I find it funny that people that have believed every Trump conspiracy theory coming out of the MSM are all of a sudden worried about "trusted news sources". I'm not trying to be a dick but just stating facts.

20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

To be fair, most conspiracy theories about Trump are true. The right just doesn't care.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

No, they're not. Trump isn't Putin's puppet and never will be. The only reason you believe it is because we have an irresponsible media.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Well that ^ and he wants to believe it

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The real ‘tell’ is the higher death rate in Iran compared with other places. They’ve got thousands of infected persons who are not showing up in the stats.

The same holds true for us at this snapshot in time—but on a smaller level. We’re under-tested right now.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You missed my reference to the 2nd baseman.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

ZH is just an aggregator of articles. Credibility depends on the source, which they normally provide. Some times it’s easier to provide the link to ZH. The fact that ZH has a lot bad posts doesn’t negate any particular article. You guys are being dishonest.

27. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

InfoWars is just an aggregator of articles. Credibility depends on the source, which they normally provide. Some times it’s easier to provide the link to InfoWars. The fact that InfoWars has a lot bad posts doesn’t negate any particular article. You guys are being dishonest.

• Like Like x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I have never linked to infowars so I have no idea regarding the validity of your post.

• Like Like x 1
  29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Jade helm!!!!!!!!’nn

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. His mouth and his Twitter account are his worst enemies. With the current economy, if he kept both even somewhat in control, he'd have a 55 percent approval rating and on track to easily win reelection. The electorate is too polarized to win 48 or 49 states, but he could score a 2012-style reelection. Not a blowout but fairly decisive. Instead, the most he can hope for is a narrow electoral win and popular vote loss.