Coronavirus

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 28, 2020.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

^^^ with apologies to NJ Horn... over a long biz career I worked for 3 different major corporations based in that state and although I liked many of my NJ coworkers, I absolutley loathed the state.

It was SO far from TEXAS in so many ways. :texasflag:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Have germs viruses and bacteria "outsmarted" or evolved to the point that antibiotics /medd don't work?

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

First of all, we had a president that didn't understand the military in Obama. He couldn't even pronounce corpsman correctly and thought ISIS was the JV team. If the U.S. survived that kind of ignorance (which is serious and dangerous) we'll survive Trump not knowing about antibiotics. However, my original comment doesn't mean much because like mchammer said the media is once again making a mountain of a molehill. By the way, the NOAA released two statements that backed up what Trump said. Sharpie-gate was another media created "scandal" that didn't exist.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  4. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

A Laredo ER spent $500,000 on coronavirus tests. Health officials say they’re unreliable.

It's a bitter example of what can go wrong when local governments try to buy supplies on the open market from unknown manufacturers.

Critics say the FDA isn’t keeping up with a growing number of international manufacturers peddling kits in online emporiums, sometimes claiming FDA authorizations that don’t exist.

Today, Laredo, a city of 260,000 on the banks of the Rio Grande, faces a much more dire coronavirus situation than it did a week ago when the tests arrived.

As the kits sat unused, six Laredoans died of COVID-19 over seven days, giving the city one of the highest per capita death rates in the state.

5. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Studies have shown that Republicans give more blood, time, and money to charity than Democrats. I know thats hard to comprehend for you. Its true. Just let it happen.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Funny how the haters now have to go to the Mexican border to find problems with testing. For example, the state of NY has 2x more testing than Korea on a per million population basis. Wonder how come the libs keep changing topics to complain about? It’s because it gets solved after about a week.

7. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

"Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. Render unto God what is God's". For way too long we have been rendering unto Caesar what is God's.

Followers of Christ should be the first responders. And it starts in the circle around us. If every Christian took on every soul they touch, this world would be a much different place. Not just now, but every day.

My wife and I have reached out to the people around us that if they need financial assistance, we will provide. We're not rich. But we have enough. One has taken us up on it because she was living week to week.

I'm not bragging, I'm just trying to live as Christ has taught us to live.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

My mother-in-law used to tell me about her life in the Soviet Union, it was much the same. There were rules for the masses and then there were rules for those in the Communist Party. She was in the Communist Party. Her nickname was Lenin-in-a-skirt.

The Democrats want to enslave everyone to a set of rules that they will live above much like Putin and his people live above the law in Russia.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I'm not a doctor, I didn't go to the University of Texas, but now their models look a lot like mine. I don't even know how to make a model and they are now saying what I was saying. Maybe Trump should listen to me.

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Bill,
    Look at Sweden. They have less restrictions and their infection curve looks very similar to ours. They are about a week behind the US in terms of peaking. Something to watch over the next 1-2 weeks.

11. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

This was you 18 days ago. I assume you altered your "models."

• Like Like x 1
  12. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I agree that Obama was out of his league when it came to NatSec predictions. But then again, so were Bush and Clinton.

As for the NOAA stuff, I hate to be the "Joe Fan" of digging up old stuff, but Newly-Released NOAA Emails Show Anger and Confusion Around Trump’s ‘Doctored’ Hurricane Dorian Map pretty much damns the NOAA statement backing up Trump after a bunch of FOIA requests. The Chief Scientist at NOAA said it was an embarrassment and that some low-level guy was ordered to post it on their website.

13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Perhaps, but after watching the insane actions of so many people after Trump's harmless comments about chloroquine I can't help but think much of that negativity in your article is due to politics and not science.

14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Let’s eliminate death in America:

- ban smoking
    - ban alcohol
    - no church
    - ban fried foods
    - all cars should be equipped with NASCAR safety. At a minimum, Everyone should wear a safety helmet while in a car.
    - ban motorcycles and bikes
    -no hand shaking
    - no sex
    - no family reunions
    - no movie theaters
    - no concerts
    - no college football

Who is in?

With no liberties, with no risk, we have no republic.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Dodgeball needs to be on that list. It’s dangerous.

• poop poop x 1
  16. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

17. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

I’m not going to ignore it. I’d like to understand it, though. Rationally.

But you see, it is just nonsense. I’m not confident you know what asymptomatic means, so let’s start there.

18. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

LongestHorn once again has no clue what is going on.

The FDA is still in control. They are actively restricting testing for corona virus.

If Laredo is having problems with corona virus testing, it is under the control of the FDA. Laredo's problems aren't due to bypassing FDA power. They are due to the FDA's power.

Once again he blames Trump and free people for causing problems for people, when his preferred policies are causing the problems.

Laredo received the test kits that the FDA allowed them to get. They were faulty. Get rid of the FDA. Start a private certification organization. Allow Laredo to buy multiple types of tests so they can determine which ones are more accurate. Let test kit companies post their data on the internet so people can judge for themselves. Let Yelp and Consumer Reports write articles about what tests are more accurate. But here we sit with the FDA holding back tests from people, determining who gets to sell their tests, showing how worthless they are.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Of all people on this site to understand anything you are the least likely. This site has an active Russian plant, but he is more right than you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

After all, what kind of pansy *** country needs a Food and Drug Administration?

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Ugh. We need to have mandatory dodgeball. This country needs dodgeball now more than ever.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Most liberals who comment on Christians don't know any Christians and don't know what a Christian is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  23. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

In junior high off season football, our coach called it “slaughter ball” and it was. I remember lots of bloody faces. If done today, I’m sure the coach would be fired and jailed.

24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It was at one of his campaign rally/daily COVID—19 briefings. Come on. It just shows that he has no mother ******* clue.

25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The blind defense of this terrible human is a stain on humanity as well. TPS-20

• poop poop x 1
  26. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Why not just declare America a Death free zone?

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Welcome to how we felt during the Clinton years. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Seems to me that the bad scenarios were based on a world before quarantine/social distancing. So, if it works and deaths are more minimal it would be a waste. It was a no-win scenario.

29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The testing is too late. We diddled calling it a hoax for 7 weeks. South Korea was aggressive with testing on the front line and then was able to do contact tracing. That ship sailed here a while back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Tell the lupus patients that can’t get the med they’ve been on for decades is harmless.