Cotton Bowl Seating Question

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by ophorn23, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ophorn23

ophorn23 100+ Posts

Does anyone know how many rows of seats are in the lower level of the Cotton Bowl? Best I could tell by my search was around 63-65 or so, but was wondering if anyone knew definitively. Thanks for any help. [​IMG]

2. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

I have been trying to find an updated detailed map of the Cotton Bowl. But until then, and unless they added/subtracted rows to accomodate the new construction, I believe there are 66 rows in the lower level between the goal lines and 45-47 rows in the corners and end zones.

3. ophorn23

ophorn23 100+ Posts

Thanks SBO, that helps. [​IMG]

4. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

Posted this elsewhere, but here goes.

The AT&T Cotton Bowl office says there is no updated chart available online as yet. My seats are in Section 11, which I think used to be lower deck only. I was told that it has 66 rows in it. The seats number from the aisle, something like 1-29 in the upper reaches.

5. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

Don't know how official this is, and it doesn't have the row details, but it shows the sections anyway:
    The Link

[​IMG]

6. lnghrnchad

lnghrnchad < 25 Posts

Just got my tickets - sec 22, row 66. [​IMG] I'm not happy to be under the overhang. I know that some people dig the shade, but I'm not one of them. Does anyone know about where the overhang ends? Approximate row number? Thanks a lot!

7. neilcar

neilcar 25+ Posts

I can tell you at the 50 yd line row 52 is 3-4 rows under the
    upper deck. (or at least is was before this last renovation)0.

8. gsohorn

gsohorn 25+ Posts

Last year I was on row 49 close to the 25 yd line, and I was either on the last row or the next to the last row under the overhang.

9. lnghrnchad

lnghrnchad < 25 Posts

[​IMG] A quick Hornfans response...thanks a lot! I appreciate the info.

10. Bob Sakamono

Bob Sakamono < 25 Posts

Anyone out there who has sat in the lower rows (I am in row 9), is there a problem seeing the game? This will be my 25th consecutive TX-OU game (not bad for age 36, but I know I have a long way to go to match some of your streaks) and I have never sat in the first 10 rows, so any insite would be appreciated.

11. Bob Sakamono

Bob Sakamono < 25 Posts

insight not insite-sorry i did not proof the message.

12. lnghrnchad

lnghrnchad < 25 Posts

I sat in row 3 once in the corner. It was NOT good. Row 9 should be a lot better, but I would think about row 15 or higher would be preferable.

Also, the closer you are to the center of the field, the less it matters. Row 9 at the 50 yard line isn't so bad, but Row 9 from the end zone makes depth perception pretty much impossible.

At least they have a fancy new videoboard now. They didn't have that when I was stuck down low...

13. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

14. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

I saw in row 0 (yes, that is the row below row 1) on about the 30 yardline in 2005. It sucked in that it was often difficult to see over the players on the sideline, but it was great in that Billy Pittman caught the ball right in front of me. It was also interesting to see the players' interactions on the sideline. Unfortunately, for much of the game that was all I could really see.

You really need to be above row 15 at the Cotton Bowl to have any sense of depth. And if you're below row 3 or 4, you're going to have a tough time seeing anything over the people standing on the sidelines.

15. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

One year, and it was a year we suffered a beatdown by the dirt burglars, we had 40-yard-lkine tickets, but they were right on the front row.

On the OU side.

The players spent the entire game standing on the bench so we couldn't see, and flipping us off, besides.

I'll stay home before I sit on the front row behind that bunch of jerkoffs again.

16. bluto

bluto 500+ Posts

correct on the 15 row or above. ive sat everywhere from first row corner endzone to top row endzone to 15th row 40 yd line to 2nd row 40 ydline upper deck.... 15th row lower deck was damn nice. anything below prolly the 10th row and you will have some problems. the worst was the corner endzone front row... sucked ***. best seats were 2nd row upper deck, that deck is right on top of the field.

really, i prefer upper deck yd lines over just about anything else there. the upper deck is the **** and you dont have to worry about booze raining down after a big play.

17. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

Row 66 is definitely the last row in Section 10, sat there 5 years ago...

Row 49 is definitely the last row in Section 12, sat there last year...

If you're between the goallines, I promise you want Row 60+ over Rows 52-58, those ******* posts will vex you all day...

18. mexahorn

mexahorn 25+ Posts

Here is an old cotton bowl diagram. It should provide a sense of how many rows there will be, even for the new sections.

[​IMG]

19. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

It should be noted that the above diagram is obviously for the soccer layout in which a bunch of rows (especially along the corners) have been cut out. For football, Row 0 is the lowest row in the lower deck.

20. YeaTexasFight

YeaTexasFight 1,000+ Posts

I wish the Cotton Bowl would publish an official seating chart. Based on UTEE's chart and the chart linked from the Cotton Bowl website:The Link (by a sooner), it appears that the sections have shifted...

By that I mean, in prior seasons, one section would end and another would begin without an aisle in between. Based on the diagram by UTEE and the diagram in the link above, one section ends and another begins based on where the aisle is.

In other words, previously, on the West side, the 50 yard line would mark the end of section 5 and beginning of section 6. According to UTEE's chart, the 50 yard line now marks the middle of section 6.

21. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

Worst seats I ever had were in 1990. I was on the 8th row in the NW corner of the end zone. Then Cash caught the winning TD right in front of me. He went up and grabbed it over the Sooner DB like he was grabbing a rebound.

22. Bob Sakamono

Bob Sakamono < 25 Posts

Thanks for the help y'all. I am in row 9 about the 20-25 yd ln, so I am hoping for the best. But lets face it, if we beat those ******** I don't really care if I had to watch most of the game from the jumbotron.