Could OU have hung a hundred on the ags?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by AlamoHeightsHorn, Nov 11, 2008.

1. AlamoHeightsHorn

AlamoHeightsHorn 100+ Posts

Man alive I'm pretty sure if Stoops didn't take his foot off the throttle without a doubt it could have been done in aggieland to the dismay of the old red *** ags.

If he had done so, would Sherman still be the coach today or would he have been canned for allowing such a beat down in tackle box stadium?

Will they bring back Jackie "FedEx" Sherrill to get things rolling again in that godforsaken place... I feel the desperation growing from here.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

What do you mean, by halftime, or for the whole 60 minutes?

3. AlamoHeightsHorn

no entire game...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. hornFANtastic

hornFANtastic 100+ Posts

in all sincerity, they could have without question

5. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

anm defense is so bad it's hard not to feel sorry for them....but I'm trying

6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I saw a good amount of that game and I agree if Stoops doesn't tap the breaks after the score reached 66 or whatever it was, the sooners could have hit the century mark by the end of the game. Misery and sad times in Collie Station and the Horns will add more misery come Nov. 27th. [​IMG]

7. Horn@AC

Horn@AC 250+ Posts

No doubt in my mind, 120 was within the realm of possibility.

8. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

No doubt. Wait until next year in Norman.

9. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

10. IB ROC N

IB ROC N 100+ Posts

Yes, si, oui, da, jawohl.

11. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

It was ugly in person. I think if they wanted to they could have thrown to endzone on first down and scored most of the time.

As bad as it was the Nebraska game was worse it was 28-0 in less than five minutes into the game.

Games like that aren't a lot of fun to watch. Yet they make great memories!

12. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

13. AlamoHeightsHorn

112-28 would have put a huge smile on my face!

14. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

The Sooners scored 66 points through approximately 41 minutes; that put them on pace to score about 96 points in 60 minutes, so yes, OU definitely could have scored 100 points.

I don't think scoring 100 was necessary, though, seeing as 66 is now the most points ever scored by a visiting team at Kyle Field; one can only handle so much Aggie misery at a time.