Cowboys v. Packers

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Who wins? The pack looks really good, but I'll say Cowboys win 24-20.

2. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Boys beat em in Green Bay.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Control the clock with Elliott C'boys 38-20

• Like Like x 1
  4. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Too many reminders of the Packers/Cowboys playoff games in the early '90s. I'll still pick my Packers 38 - 27.

5. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Cowboys opened as 4 point favorites

6. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Cowboys took them out in GB by 14 with same starters Packers had today.

Zeke went off for 157 as Packers are too small up front to hold off powerful Cowboys blocking and run game. Once the run goes off, the passing game comes easy.

Dak also ripped off 247 and 3 TD's (117.4 QBR) with Dez in street clothes.

On defense, rookie Brown got brunt of snaps (61 of 70) while Claiborne only played 24 of 70 plays. Scandrick was out.

This time Boys have all 4 corners to field solid nickel and dime defenses they'll feature.

It's all about matchups. Packers matchup well with Giants, Cowboys don't. However, Cowboys matchup very well with Green Bay.

Pack torched Giants def twice (406 yards both meetings) this year. Dallas ran roughshod over Packers and held Rodgers in check in the red zone (their calling card on defense).

Dallas will be able to put up worthy enough scoring resistance with complete secondary this time. Packers can't hold off the brute force of the Boys offense.

Don't buy the hype, Boys take this one at home.

Cowboys 34, Packers 30 (late GB TD makes it look closer)

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Dallas wins a close one, 27-24, but I don't know if they can beat Seattle the following week.

8. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Its all about the OL, if the OL is playing up to level then we win because Packers D cant handle them esp if Lael Collins comes back at anywhere near top level. Seattle will be tough on a rookie but again its all about that OL.

9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

As long as the Packers don't allow Dallas to get more than a 2 TD lead in the first in the first Half, the Packers win.

10. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i'm more scared of gb than the other nfc teams. atl has big offense, but gb has the passing game and that dline. it's a harder combo for dallas.

if the scores both go above 24, i fear the worst.

11. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

In the Super Bowl 90's, they had one thing in common: the both lost 6 games in Texas Stadium in 3 years.

• Like Like x 1
  12. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Dak finally gets some rookie jitters and a late INT seals the win for Green Bay

13. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Boys 34
    Pack 24

The Boys are for real, stop doubting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

Green Bay in a bad spot with Jordy Nelson hurt.

15. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Boyz 34-31

16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

that's true.

17. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

He was released from the hospital Monday afternoon. Guessing game on whether he will play.

18. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

Like I said, they are in a bad spot because he is hurt whether he plays or not.

That was a brutal lick he took.

19. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i took a knee to that spot in high school and i couldn't sit for 3 weeks. so much pain. standing in class, laying at home. i didn't get any fancy shots or other medication though.

20. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Don't know if Seattle gets by Atlanta at home. Remember Seattle barely beat them at Seattle early in the year on controversial no-call by Sherman on Julio Jones. Atlanta only needed a FG to win at the time if I recall PI would have put Atlanta in FG range

21. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I hate to pick against the team I love, but A. Rogers is on an incredible run the last eight games. He is the best in the game right now. Pokes lose a heart breaker: 35-34

22. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

The best defense is to keep Aaron Rogers butt sitting on the bench...........if our OL can control the LOS and we control the TOP........ I dont think our D will give up 35.....esp. if Mo Claiborne is anywhere near what he was before injury.

23. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Not only is Nelson out with busted up ribs and worse stuff, the Packers LB Martinez went out and my not be back on Sunday.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  24. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Position: Linebacker

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said the team "got good news" on Martinez (knee), who may be able to practice this week after leaving Sunday's playoff win over the Giants due to injury.

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

As a Dallas fan I'd rather be playing Atlanta or Seattle than Green Bay.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Don't bet against Aaron Rodgers with the way he's playing right now. A shootout favors GB, IMHO.

27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Rod Babers pulled out an interesting stat last night: Green Bay hasn't defeated anyone this year who scored over 23 points/game or who ranked in the top 15 in total offense.

28. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's something I was just noticing, too. It's not like Green Bay got rolling against a tough stretch of schedule. They beat teams they'd already beaten earlier in the season, except the Vikings who basically tanked in the second half of the season. They beat the Texans and the Seahawks in Green Bay, and I'm not sure either of those would be called anything other than expected.

It'll be interesting. I feel like Dallas is going to control things on the ground and win it in workmanlike fashion, but I can't shake all those memories of unbelievable Jerryworld choke jobs in the past.

29. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

It's an interesting matchup. I always side with the elite QB. But factor in that Dallas also has an elite QB on the bench.

If that's close, I tend to side with the elite coach.

And always try to remember that good coaches win games, and great coaches cover. There's a fortune to made on Herman the next few years btw.

30. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

October 19th...Zeke 28 carries, 157 yards, 5.6 avg.

The undersized Packers front wasn't pancaked by Dallas' power OL by chance.

GB has only faced 4 teams in top 10 in rushing...Dallas, Atlanta, Tennessee, and Houston. Just so happens they went 1-3.

Five opponents broke 100 yards rushing...they only beat two.

Dallas has the magic formula to beat these Packers. Pound the ball, cheat up the defense to help out, and then spread the ball around. GB had no answer last time.

On the defensive side, Dallas' secondary (7 deep) and DL (8 deep) has solid rotational depth to counter fatigue battling a faced paced offense.

NY has a great core defense but once they dig into reserves they're in trouble, like the second half on Sun and the Oct. 9th loss. Same story both times.

Rodgers will get his yards, but the Cowboys strongly tighten up in the red zone. They rarely give away cheap, 25+ yards scores.

It's a solid "bend but don't break" style...11th in yards allowed, yet 5th in scoring.

Scoring is all that matters. No doubt Dallas' balanced offense will hammer away at GB just like the last time when they scored on 6 of 10 drives (3 TD, 3 FG).

The difference here is Dallas will score TD's and GB will settle for FG's more than they're used to lately. First game GB scored on 3 of 11 drives (1 TD, 2 FG).

It's pure hype this is some new GB machine Dallas has yet to encounter. Even last time Nelson was playing and Dez wasn't. Should be vice versa this time.

It's also easy to forget on Oct. 16 the Packers were media favorites, rolling along at 3-1, and had just whipped the Giants before Dallas came to town.

Styles make fights...the Packers are about to get run over just like they did in October.

• Like Like x 5