Cowboys vs. Texans preseason game

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by jusme828, Aug 29, 2017.

1. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Wasn't sure where to post this, as I usually just come to the football board to read. But, if any of you are interested in going to this game Thursday night, all tickets are $25!! Proceeds going to help out with the Harvey floods!

• Like Like x 2
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Great idea, anything to help out fellow Texans / man or woman in the Houston Area!! :hookem:

3. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Game has been cancelled, mainly as per requests from Texans players wanting to get back home..........cant blame them on that............God Bless the Texas Gulf coast from Corpus to Port Arthur/Beumont.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/2017campblog

• Like Like x 1
  4. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

People were actually selling the tickets they bought on StubHub for 3 and 4x what they paid for them. You try and do something nice and offer affordable tickets for people to come out and enjoy a game and give to a good cause and some idiots just screw it up.

5. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

I'm sure any profit realized would be donated to Harvey victims.

6. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Yeah I doubt that, at least ticketcity and StubHub pulled it down from the site when they saw what was happening pretty sure outside pressure played a role as well.

7. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

If y'all read the link put up by @LousianaHorn , if you bought tickets to the game you can request a refund through ticketmaster, or choose to donate that $25 to the relief efforts.

8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

You'll be more effectively using your money by donating directly to the Red Cross instead of letting United Way take a chunk of it for "administrative costs". I'd suggest taking the refund and doing a direct donation instead.