Darrell Scott: 'I Love Everything About Texas'

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Clendon, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Clendon

Clendon 100+ Posts

Hey folks. We talked to Darrell Scott this afternoon and just posted a Q&A of the conversation:

SAN ANTONIO - Things have changed in a hurry in the recruitment of Darrell Scott. With Longhorn running back Jamaal Charles announcing his intentions to head to the NFL, Scott told Inside Texas that it makes the Longhorns more enticing than Colorado.

Darrell Scott: 'I Love Everything About Texas'

Enjoy!

Clendon Ross, Co-Publisher
    InsideTexas.com

2. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

I'll believe it when I see it. Why he wouldn't want to announce on National T.V. this weekend is beyond me. But I respect that he wants to take all of his visits.

[​IMG]

3. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

I really hate to sound negative, but we have all heard these positive things from OOS recruits before. The only thing that gives me hope is that every school on his list is out of his state. When you hear that he is waiting to see if Florida shows him a good time, it makes me feel like we may be getting strung along. I hope not. Come on down Darrell, Austin is waiting for you.

4. LittleBunnyFooFoo

LittleBunnyFooFoo 500+ Posts

5. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun 100+ Posts

Give him time. I have the feeling the kid will make the right decision. [​IMG]

6. Colt McVince

Colt McVince 250+ Posts

7. jinx

jinx 25+ Posts

Thanks for the post Clendon! This offseason could be better than the season if we land Scott and Muschamp.

8. mikey4

mikey4 < 25 Posts

What a great kid. I really hope we land him.

BTW, if you haven't heard him speak, you should check out one his interview videos on CSTV. His demeanor resembles that of Frank Okam or Dallas Griffin (versus Vince or Jamaal). Given how clearly and carefully he speaks, I suspect he'll excel in academics as well as athletics---we'll see.

9. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

10. mikey4

mikey4 < 25 Posts

11. hornv

hornv 100+ Posts

No joke.

Let's just hope he plays more like Vince and Jamaal than Okam and Griffin. I spoke clearly and distinctly when I was at UT. Trust me, you did not want me toting the rock.

12. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

So we can agree that lineman are polished speakers, and skill position players are not.

[​IMG]

13. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

I thought we were in a dead period - How did Rucker talk to him last week?

14. homer

homer 500+ Posts

15. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

16. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Thanks Clendon - BTW, I am a very satisfied Inside Texas magazine subscriber - HF posters, you need to subscribe to it or the IS Internet connection.

This article was an interesting conversation with Scott, but I am not optimistic he will ultimately pick UT after reading it. The videos of this kid are sick - he is a man among boys and I hope we land him somewhow. Maybe I am jaded after past recruitment of out of state players. We will see.....

17. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

4 out of the last 5 starting longhorn running backs became NFL starters, going back to preist holmes, ricky, cedric, selvin, and now the possibility of charles. You could even throw Ahmard Hall in there as well. Colorado is teh suck, at UF Tebow is his own running back, and there has never been a feature back at LSU that I can remember. If Scott could only look at his situation through my burnt orange glasses he would see what the obvious decision is. [​IMG]

18. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

19. Nytejag

Nytejag 100+ Posts

ALL wishfull thinking. Scott would achieve heisman status here, but who says he won't at the other schools? IMHO, he will not come to Texas. I PRAY that I am wrong. I would LOVE to watch him climb the record books the way I watched Leaks, Campbell, Williams, Benson, and Charles. [​IMG]

20. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

I like the backs we have but somebody like Scott could be the missing piece of an 09 championship run.

21. Bevo71

Bevo71 500+ Posts

I think Urban Meyer will get him.

22. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Very sharp young man and will obviously be an impact no matter where he goes. Great interview as well. Now I REALLY like this kid - great confidence but no arrogance. Although its always [​IMG] to hear someone refer to themselves in the 3rd person.

I wish Scott luck wherever he chooses to play. But if I had my druthers... [​IMG]

23. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

24. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell 25+ Posts

He have an announcement date set up yet?

25. Staley

Staley 100+ Posts

He'll announce on signing day.

26. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

27. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

They are either using the bad knee/rain prediction or they are using the We're Doomed concept hoping .to work to summon him here

28. Vote For Pedro

Vote For Pedro 500+ Posts

29. homer

homer 500+ Posts

30. homer

homer 500+ Posts

Ahh, ignore (2) above.

It seems he transferred right before the start of the fall semester; so he'll be eligible in 2008. Plus, he didn't play a snap for USC this year.

I was under the wrong impression of his timeline for transfer.