Daylight Savings?

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by TenaciousTgarden, Mar 8, 2008.

1. TenaciousTgarden

TenaciousTgarden 250+ Posts

Think I saw a commercial that it is tonight/tomorrow, but never heard anything again. Do we "spring forward" tonight?

2. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Tonight, more daylight is fine by me.

3. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

DST blows.

4. NameAlreadyInUse

NameAlreadyInUse 500+ Posts

DST is the worst invention ever.

5. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

If we would fall back AND spring back instead of ahead, I would feel at least a couple of days younger.

6. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

Don't know about Daylight Savings but yeah, daylight saving time happened last night.

7. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

I like daylight saving(s) because I have time to go for a jog after work.

8. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

Daylight saving time kicks ***. It's standard time that sucks ball sac. Who gives a flip if it's still a little dark outside in the early morning. It's worth having more daylight when I get home from work.

9. atxbaby

atxbaby 250+ Posts

My phone (I have Verizon service) didn't spring forward, is that weird or what?

10. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

^^^

Sprint hasn't sprung forward either.

*** Actually, it just did within the last hour. I had been checking.

11. chillywillywall

chillywillywall 100+ Posts

i dont know about the rest of you , but im sticking with standerd time [​IMG]

12. CBDTexas

CBDTexas 100+ Posts

^^^ You live in Arizona or Indiana?

13. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

14. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

15. bevo_daddy

bevo_daddy 500+ Posts

Remember last time when they delayed DST so that we could save energy somewhow? WTF? Who comes up with this ****? That gave me such a headache at work because all the computers didn't know what the hell was going on.

But I do like more sunshine. More time to play golf.

16. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

When did DST become 7 months long??????

I remember it used to be 6 months of DST and 6 months of regular time.

17. flaco

flaco 500+ Posts

last year

18. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Loving/hating DST is the official benchmark for the passage into responsible adulthood. In my younger days, it just made more sense to wait for the sun to go down before you could go out and get shitfaced (outside of the weekends and daytime "events"). Now, I appreciate the added daylight as it gives me more time to do yardwork. Yeah - my life sucks. [​IMG]

19. Alum03

Alum03 250+ Posts

On the equinoxes, our clocks should be set so that the sun rises and noon and sets at midnight. Damn that would be awesome. You could have 6+ hours of out door activity every night after work.

20. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

for the first time in as long as I can remember, I never even heard this week was the spring forward week.

I have forgotten to change my clocks before, but I always forgot to change the clocks, I never flat out missed that the change was even happening.

I listen to the radio and the news, so me missing that it was this week was a big surprise.

Oh and did I mention that I ******* hate DST. With it being 3 weeks earlier than it used to be, my internal clock is going to go haywire.

Last year it literally took me 10 days to get myself back on the correct time. walked around like a freaking zombie for the first 4 days, especially when I woke up to pitch black and still had to get to work....

SUX!!!!

21. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

I hate DST for a couple of reasons.

1. I have small kids. They generally go to sleep when it's dark. If it gets dark later, they stay up later. They only sleep to 6:30 or 7 am regardless of whether it's dark or light outside, so getting them to bed earlier is a great thing.

2. I work nights, as in overnight. More daylight means it's harder to sleep because of more daylight.

Although, I do wish we could just stick with one time. Maybe I should just move to Arizona...

22. Alum03

Alum03 250+ Posts

23. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

My chickens didn't lay their eggs on time this morning.

24. Luke Duke

Luke Duke 1,000+ Posts

25. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

AT&T/Cingular hasn't updated to the correct time yet either. My phone kept showing the wrong time, so I turned off autoupdate.

26. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

27. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

28. DallasHorn

DallasHorn 100+ Posts

I hate it, could not fall asleep until much later.

29. Alum03

Alum03 250+ Posts

So, the posts on this thread are the first I have ever heard of anyone not liking daylight savings time, so be patient as I try to learn about your kind. But are you sayings its the few days around the change you dislike, or is it that in the long run you hate having an extra hour of light every night after work?

30. Longhorn Tim

Longhorn Tim 250+ Posts