Dec 20 NSD Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Dionysus, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A snippet from a source on WR Keys (from New Orleans):

“I would not rule Texas out at all. The feeling I get is the best option will be chosen (irrespective of location). Notre Dame has pushed very hard for him”.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If we can somehow manage to real in both Rice grad transfer Anderson and JUCO OT Jamir Johnson, to go along with JUCO OT Grandy and the 3 ESPN300 high school OLs were just signed (Angilau, Moore, Ghirmai), I may have to take back some of the things I've written and thought about Warehime.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Well I think it's been established that this was not a good year for O-linemen coming out of high school in Texas right? My question would be did they get caught with their pants down and not jump on the Juco's early enough or was it that all the O-linemen were getting extra attention ($$?) due to the sparse crop this year?

4. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

They have bright kids at Rice? Who knew?
    WTH, I have no idea what Mathematical Economic Analysis even means, let alone know how to do it! :facepalm:

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

DeCommitment weekend is back, baby!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yes, it was a down year in state for both OLs and DLs. We did make some very late offers to some high school OLs that made them consider us at least, but we were just too late.

And yes JUCO evals and offers always happen late.

But look at what LSU just did. LSU signed 18 players early -- with 11 of those 18 either OLs and DLs (I include the one due today). 7 of the 11 are tackles. And they got one more DT transfer from TTU (a good player) not included in that 18.

So, it can be done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yes, shaking the tree on Preston will not just make them pucker, but when combined with Ossai and White might cause a quake. They are sinking in the team rankings, their boards are melting, they just lost Bobby Brown and they are bumming today about Terrace Marshall. And I think they may have already jettisoned commits Brian Johnson and Deneric Prince. it was the perfect time to make a run at Preston.

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 5
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

TE Luke Ford to Georgia.

11. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I think Urban knew by September that TH was going to be a headache for him, hence the bashing he handed out after the MD debacle.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I hear that Urban fellow won’t be around much longer #Dabo

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

Has Thompson's family history been mentioned? Not only is Newcastle within spitting distance from Norman, his dad and brother both played at ou...quite the steal by TH...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  14. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I do love me some Gary Johnson.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Notre Dame just offered Ojomo.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We now have a second possible candidate for grad transfer OL, besides the Rice guy.
    Derek Warehime also just started following Stanford Junior Casey Tucker.
    He was a 4/5-star coming out of Arizona. Played as a freshman, and was a starter at both OT spots as sophomore and junior but it appears he had an injury late in 2016 and logged no gametime in 2017. If so, he has another year.

I dont know how much trouble he might have transferring in bogus Stanford classes to UT but hopefully we could squeeze him through.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like Bobby Brown will be signing today
    If so, it means Alabama
    Our best shot with him was if he postponed until NSD2

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Meanwhile the other potential grad transfer OT, Calvin Anderson was on PFF's list of "25 best graded OT's." Plus he is from Westlake and the Rice coach was recently fired. Lastly, besides Warehime, he is now following some of our players as well

• Like Like x 2
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

So, we are looking at grad transfers from Rice and Stanford?

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I know what youre thinking -- impossible to get them past the UT high admittance standards for transfers?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The loss of the search function hurts
    Can we get it back for Christmas?

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Correction

Did Bama run out of spots?
    Did Red drive by his house honking in a new orange truck (just for the ags here)

26. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Does the alternate link work for you, up in the menu bar?

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 11.45.24 AM.png

27. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

@Joe Fan Click on the Home or Forums tab to get to it

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I see now, thanks
    And Merry Christmas to you too!

29. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Yeah! The search bar was messing with my attempt to get all festive up in here so I had to hide it for a while. It will return.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Leave it to me to trip all over festive

• Like Like x 3