DEFENSE

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TEXnSEATTLE, Dec 29, 2011.

1. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

...first of all, my favorite play of the 2006 Rose Bowl was not Vince running the ball in the end--zone with 19 seconds....I might be the only one in the entire LONGHORN NATION...

...my favorite is the interception on the ONE FOOT line...

DEFENSE is KING!

Tonight was one of the most stellar defensive displays I've witnessed since 1983 (the BEST defense I've ever seen)...

I caught myself OOOOH-ing and AAAAH-ing over play after play....frick'n AWESOME defensive display!!!

If we can find ourselves a QB or one of these two guys somehow put things together...we will be awesome next year....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] MANNY DIAZ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Another MNC

Another MNC 100+ Posts

Offense wins games; defense wins championships.

We now have a defense almost good enough to take us home and it is getting better every day. This is going to be fun.

3. Another MNC

Another MNC 100+ Posts

Offense wins games; defense wins championships.

We now have a defense almost good enough to take us home and it is getting better every day. This is going to be fun. [​IMG]

4. gambler

gambler 25+ Posts

We watched the replay of the game for Christmas. The interception was caught just outside the endzone but the foot came down in the endzone. It was so fast and so awesome, the referee totally blew the call and we were forced to listen to Dan D. fill time with his senseless drivel while the ruling was overturned.

5. gambler

gambler 25+ Posts

6. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

the horn d is as good as any i've seen this year.

manny diaz is the truth. as is jackson jeffcoat. as is quandre diggs.

7. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

^^^ Hicks is coming on strong too

8. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

not to mancrush too much, but from top to bottom the horn defensive coaching staff is man crush worth. diaz, and akina specifically.

quandre diggs is a better CB than A&M has had all year long. as a true freshman. that's all on akina.

9. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

Love having a great defense.

10. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Bacon savers. Great job Defense. [​IMG]

11. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Did you notice how many players rotated in and out during that game on defense? It appeared that four or five would trot off, and fresh faces sub in on numerous occasions. The pass rush was fierce, and totally took over in the second half when UT got the lead. Cal was overmatched. Loved the shut down defense.

12. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

I think it's worth repeating, Jeffcoat appears to be the guy we thought we were getting. That sack of his, where in the past I could see him not completing the sack, he executed the entire play, against an upperclassman good QB.

I think the entire D has got the Derrick Johnson punch the ball out fever, and that's an incredible bonus.

Wow!