Dell Outlet Store ?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by 12thStudStan, Aug 4, 2004.

1. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

Is there still a Dell Outlet brick & mortar store in the Austin area and if so, where is it located?

I am passing through town in the morning on the way to visit some relatives and was hoping to pick them up a replacement desktop on the way up. Given their low tech status and remote location, I was thinking Dell's customer service might be their best bet even if it is by way of India. I remember there used to be one on Hwy 183 years ago, but I see nothing on the Dell website.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Gunner

The Gunner 25+ Posts

Nope. There's a Dell kiosk in Highland Mall, and probably some places you can get refurbished Dells, but they're not Dell-operated.

3. Agent007

Agent007 250+ Posts

And Dells suck by the way - i have a dell desktop and its not great - i had to have parts replaced a year after i bought it and since Dell used to use proprietary parts, i paid $76 for a $25 part.

4. UT98

UT98 25+ Posts

Other than the motherboard, what part of a desktop could possibly be proprietary? I own 2 Dell desktops and have swapped out pretty much everything in both except the motherboards and processors.

5. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

Thanks for the responses.

I was recommending a Dell to them based upon my own experiences and Dell continued high rating customer service. Out of branded pc's that I have owned in recent years (Dell, E-Machine, HP and Compaq), the Dell and E-Machine units have given me the least problems and the Compaq by far the most. These folks are the just the type of user that needs an extended warranty with good phone support that Dell offers so if a part does go bad a year later they don't have to worry about what it costs to repair it or who to call. I prefer the custom built route myself, but that just doesn't fit their needs.

6. Ave. H Horn

Ave. H Horn 100+ Posts

Nope, there is no Dell store to speak of. They sell all their refurbished product through their Outlet website.

The Link

7. Agent007

Agent007 250+ Posts

8. Mizzou415

Mizzou415 100+ Posts

I've had problems with my Dell notebook but they've replaced everything for free with little trouble. I've had my computer for three years and the only thing that I know hasn't been replaced is the casing.

9. iamhorn

iamhorn 100+ Posts

I thought I had narrowed down my Dell options when I heard about the Inspiron 700m. It's several hundred dollars cheaper but the build date isn't until September. WTF.