Deloss doesn't get it

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by lhbruleshalftime, May 6, 2013.

1. lhbruleshalftime

lhbruleshalftime 250+ Posts

2. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

We were unable to make it to Austin for any games this year; however, we donated all our tickets to an Austin youth group. Believe it or not, the director of that organization says that the kids who get to go to those games have one heck of a good time, whether Texas wins or loses.

Maybe you're the one who doesn't get it?

3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Your sanctimony is pathetic along with your obsessive enabling of Mack Brown, Rick Barnes, Augie and Dodds.

4. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

Your omniscience is pathetic along with your obsessive bashing of Mack Brown, Rick Barnes, Augie and Dodds.

5. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

6. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

I don't disagree about getting back up to our accustomed standards. It's just that there's more to it than what we as fans want/expect. And that's not to mention our impatience.

7. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

While frustrating to lose, a season like this was still enjoyable going to 6 games this year!!!!

It is season's like this that make seasons like 2002 and 2005 so special. We will be back before too long!!!

[​IMG]

8. cnstoll58

cnstoll58 100+ Posts

Agreed [​IMG] [​IMG]

Unless we die I suppose

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

10. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

11. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

The Horns could lose every game and I would still be a fan. I would wish they won but being pissed? No. Maybe I am less of a fan or more responsible with my feelings and what I attach them to regarding anger. I don't know which but both are options.

Sorry but my day is not ruined to the point of anger, spouting off on websites (even months after the fact sometimes with some) and likely being a patootie to family and friends. I am bummed with a Horns loss in any sport at any time. But I move on and have a great day. Sometimes it's tougher than others.

I don't put my demeanor and emotions in the hands of young men and women playing games I cannot control. Maybe I am the lesser fan, Comrade, or maybe I need Russian Bride to fire my emotions up?

12. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

Perhaps "pissed" wasn't the right word choice. It would have been better for me to say that I am disappointingly apathetic, unenthused, and generally sardonic when I'm watching any of the big 3 sports nowadays.

I agree that people need to control themselves and disassociate their emotions a bit from what happens on the field/court/etc. It makes the game less enjoyable for everyone whenever one person gets overly angry or, at times, overly happy from the outcome of a game.

I was lucky enough to be in the Rose Bowl when VY scored that last touchdown over USC. I remember looking at the guy next to me as he was crying. It was a heck of a moment, but I'm not gonna cry about it. Maybe there was some deep emotional tie he had to the program, but this is a scene that I think occurs all the time at championship sporting events.

People yell and scream until they are red in the face, or they cry simply because their team scored more than the other.

13. petscii

petscii 250+ Posts

What began as a spur of the moment trip to see the Horns play baseball at the Tempe 2000 regional has grown into a yearly trip to see them play out west. Recapturing one of the two things I miss about living in Austin.

I've had several nice trips to Hawai'i, Vegas, San diego, Long beach, and more trips to Palo Alto than I can count.

If I let the score of the game affect my weekend then the trips would be wasted.

I've seen the bunt end an inning, and I've seen it utterly demolish a team that is not prepared to defend against it. I've seen two National Championship teams and three runners up. which by any stretch of the imagination is more than most schools get. Yet people act like these things are just laying on the ground to be picked up like a bottle on the side of the road.

I don't want Augie fired, I have some opinions on who the next coach should be but don't think we are there yet. I was appalled at how coach Gus was removed from the job and really do not want to see that again. It would in my opinion put Texas further from the level of play that we expect.

I don't get the slagging on the kids that play for Texas by a bunch of forum aggies who would not be fit to carry a jock let alone wear one. Each one of the players at Texas was probably the best player on their High School team. This absolutely might be the first instance playing baseball that things have not worked out for them. The two worst feelings I've ever had were watching OSU roll the ball out the mound to Brooks Kieschnick and the look on Curtis Thigpen's face in the final game of the 2004 CWS. You can feel free to call me a sunshine pumper but the kids who play for Texas don't owe you a thing.

Augie gets it, Augie can fix it. Augie will fix it.

The only thing that I am really disgusted with is the Longhorn Network. I've paid for Yahoo streaming for years and am extremely dissapointed that I can't pay $14.95 a month and watch Texas Baseball over the Internet.

14. agssuk

agssuk 1,000+ Posts

15. cnstoll58

cnstoll58 100+ Posts

16. Unques prist

Unques prist 250+ Posts

"********....Thats great for high school, but not UT athletics. As long as you "true fans" keep following the pied piper into the satdium, then everything stays the same. $$$$$$ is all this athletic administration care about. Keep sending in your $$$ and get more of the same. A "true fan" is totally appalled at the dumpster fire that this athletic department has become and the total waste of resources."

Absolutely true! "True fans" of programs like TX, OU, Bama etc. expect excellence with the resources available to them and when incompetence and arrogance turn these programs into bloated irrelevance, then these true fans should demand better by speaking the language that DeLoss speaks, i.e. diminished financial support.

17. petscii

petscii 250+ Posts

The Link

It's the angriest I've ever been at an opposing team. I was also a punk-*** kid at the time.

The fact that all of Kieschnick era CWS ended with him on deck was frustrating to me as a yute.

Maybe that's why I have a bit of perspective on the the current situation

I wanted Augie fired after the 23-32-1 season, it;s the only season record I can remember and quote you off the top of my head. If you had listened to a very angry young man about that I'd have not seen two national champions and two runners up (although truth be told watching them come in second hurts more than this season ever could).

18. OrangeBull

OrangeBull 100+ Posts

Oh Lo$t Dog$ gets it for $ure. The only thing he gets is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. He can ESAD.

19. cnstoll58

cnstoll58 100+ Posts

Thanks for the link, I have completely erased that painful game from my memory, maybe with some help from alcohol [​IMG]

20. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

21. agssuk

agssuk 1,000+ Posts

22. Unques prist

Unques prist 250+ Posts

The old TX fan go to of "those programs cheat" and "we are Texas" is arrogant and sounds pathetic. It is just an excuse for accepting poor performance by the programs, coaches and the AD.

23. petscii

petscii 250+ Posts

Trip Couch is not the answer to a trivia question?

24. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I was hoping to never hear that name again and what he helped do to this program at the time.

That was a bad period of time and I wonder how many on this board even know who he is and the role he played in bringing in the present regime.

25. petscii

petscii 250+ Posts

It's better than "people in glass houses should not throw stones."

He's an assistant coach for the Houston Cougars now, which I find a bit terrible.

26. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I agree, that he is even allowed in college baseball shows that the NCAA also lives in that same glass house.