Destiny - After Year 1

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, May 1, 2018.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

interview with Destiny after her first year. The way she handled the situation her freshman year was impressive. If she is healthy this coming season, I think she could really be a difference-making shooter.

https://sdhr.sportsengine-prelive.com/news_article/show/912803

I did not grow up in Southern California but I agree on getting acclimated to Austin that first year. For a kid coming from dry West Texas, I thought the humidity was going to do me in.

• Like Like x 6
  2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Interesting perspective from an outsider. I've read similar stories about acclimation from Cali players who came to Austin for volleyball and football.

Of course, I grew up in Houston and I was dancing free in Austin saying, "It's so dry here!"

• Like Like x 4
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Glad she has her goals and competitive nature ready to go. Hoping for her a healthy and productive summer.

Not sure how much point guard she will play this coming season, but if you saw her high school game videos, she would take the ball up the court, and was always a threat to pull beyond the arc and nail a 3-pointer. Would like to see her have that option at Texas, and drain some shots as the defense tries to get set.

• Like Like x 6
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Great article. I can relate the following:

• Like Like x 4
  5. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Karen commented and retweeted Destiny's Tweet.

• Like Like x 3
  6. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 8
  7. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Amen..
    Hookem'

• Like Like x 2
  8. LutherIsMyDog

Congrats to Destiny!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I guess the Spring semester is just about over for most. Guessing finals still to come? I had finals in all my freshmen classes at UT, except maybe one.

10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Finals are on May 9-12, 14-15.

June 2 is first day that residence halls open for summer.
    June 4 is day for orientation and testing for new undergrad students.
    June 7 is first day of summer sessions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LutherIsMyDog

The Player Development Camp is June 11th-14th. Last year the incoming freshmen moved in around June 3rd. I would expect most of the 2018 signees will be in Austin to help lead the Player Dev Camp.

• Like Like x 4