Did Ryan Perrilloux walk off the LSU football team

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Hornstradamus, Feb 17, 2008.

1. ThirtyFiveAlive

ThirtyFiveAlive 25+ Posts

2. Eating Club

Eating Club 250+ Posts

3. DVPMD

DVPMD 500+ Posts

4. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

If there was any grain of legitimacy to Perrilloux's absences, you would think that Leslie Miles of all people would find any reason not to suspend his team's starting QB heading into this season.

5. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Perrilloux = [​IMG]

6. is it bad if you make maurice clarrett look like a model teammate?

7. starchild

starchild 500+ Posts

first, i feel bad for anyone that loses a parent, especially at a young age. that said, if the rumors are true, his mother needs to get right--what incredibly immature behavior. no wonder the kid is screwed up. with a parent acting like that, it really is easy to understand now. the correct response would have been to back the coaching staff and adjust her son's attitude ASAP. this kid is headed for a life of missed opportunities if something doesn't change, and I mean really change.

8. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

Condolences on the loss of his father. Tough on anyone to lose a close family member.

All that said, here is an observation: if the rumors about his mother are true, then I think it explains a lot as to his behavior. His domineering mamma probably told him his whole life that he could do no wrong. God help all those who stood in his way, even if they were right in doing so. He grew up with his own inflated sense of self-worth. All the shameless self-promotion including the website, the whole "me, me, me" mentality -- it all adds up.

Wasn't it his mother who convinced him to switch his commitment from Texas to LSU at the last minute? Or am I misremembering that?

Anyway, I have seen it happen in my own extended family. It usually always leads to very self-destructive behavior, as people like Ryan are never taught to check themselves prior to acting. They make no association as to the cause of the negative consequences they face from their poor decision-making.

Poor kid. I imagine he will have to hit rock bottom before he gets it, if that ever happens.

9. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Miles is acting like the true jerk that he is. Talking down to the media, telling them they don't need to know anything and he'll be the one that decides when to pass out the information. All he has to do is make a public statement and that would be it.The Link

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

10. TheContractor

TheContractor 250+ Posts

He missed a few classes and will be back after the first week of spring ball.

11. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I'm interested in learning more about how his mother was trying to shake down LSU. What was she asking for?

This kid has some serious issues, and I hope he gets himself straightened out in time to make something of himself. It really is a shame to waste all that talent. He could be bringing a lot of joy to a lot of people while ensuring a strong financial future for himself and his loved ones. Instead, he's turned his life into a sideshow.

A shame, really.