Did Tito's sell out?

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Orange&White, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Beef

Beef 100+ Posts

My local bar (The Crying Shame- Waco, Tx) carries Tito's because of me.

2. mrjefft

mrjefft 100+ Posts

Thanks for the support y'all!! I agree Tito's is a good Vodka, although I remain pissed about the total loss of income for me and my family. The vodka he makes is 100% CORN. Tito claims to distill it 6 times, though HE only distills it TWICE at the distillery in Austin. The rest is an ancient chinese secret at this point that I am sure Tito doesn't want me to discuss, so, I say... PARTY ON TEXAS PEOPLE!!! Have a drink on me. If anyone reading this posting has a company he/she is trying to build, and may be able to use the services of a GROWTH MINDED individual, well, just look at Tito's success, and judge for yourself. He wanted to grow one state at a time. Look what I did before I left. You go to about ANY state in the US, you find Tito's. Trust me, I travel now for Time Warner, a suck *** job compared to building a company. I have to look at Tito's in every state. A real Love/Hate relationship, believe me.

3. mishatx

mishatx 1,000+ Posts

4. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

jeff:

i knew there was no way they distilled that stuff 6 damn times.

by the way, i prefer XO, Zubrowka, and Stoli Elit. i can drink gallons of xo on the rocks. i often do.

5. Horn_Spanker

Horn_Spanker 250+ Posts

So, distilling alcohol from corn gives you vodka. If you put it in a charred oak barrel for a few years would it then be whisky? If you put it in your gas tank would it be ethanol? Are we putting different labels on the same stuff?

6. mrjefft

mrjefft 100+ Posts

That is basically true. Ethanol is basically neutral grain spirits. Vodka is neutral grain spirits plus water. To make whiskey, yup, put it in a charred barrel for a period of time, and there ya go. To make gin, start with the same neutral spirits, add juniper berries, and some other spices, there ya go. There are rules for every use, for example an American Bourbon has to be a certain percentage of CORN liquor, and cannot be distilled to a super high proof, it has to stay low from the still to the barrel. All the shot liquors you see on the shelves are simply neutral grain spirits (vodka) plus water and sugar and flavoring. By the way, I didn't say Tito's wasn't distilled 6 times, I just said that it is distilled 2 times at Tito's distillery. Party on.

7. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

Personally, I like the mouthfeel of potato vodka, so it's Chopin for me, but Tito's is the mixer vodka in my house.

Jeff- how long you figure it would take you to turn around a batch of Cachaca?

8. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

9. mrjefft

mrjefft 100+ Posts

It could be done well with the proper preparation