Did your mom feed you this?

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by VYFan, Feb 26, 2013.

1. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

I do think they were better back then, or else my standards were lower. Came in a stiff crinkle foil dish with waxy paper on top. Add a glass of milk, and voila.

2. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Somehow, can't get a picture. Visualize a Night Hawk frozen dinner, with chopped steak and tater tots.

3. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

No, but it would probably be better than most of her cooking.

4. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

I would be willing to bet that some of our posters still eat these. [​IMG]

5. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

And what if I do? [​IMG]

6. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

Loved that butter sauce package that came with the dinner.

Do they still make these frozen dinners?

I believe the reason the image doesn't show is because you have a .png file. I think it needs to be a .gif file or .jpg file.

7. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Yes, they still make them.

8. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

No. My mother loves me.

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Just copy and paste the link without the commands.

It's a little scary that I remember those, but less scary that I never liked them!

10. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

11. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I was willing. You would actually put them in an oven for a while with actual heat--microwaves hadn't really come in by then. By the time I made it home in the evening every day after all my activities, the family had already eaten, and one of those Night Hawks might be waiting for me.

12. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

No -- Maybe I was in the last generation where Mom cooked three damned impressive meals every day. After my sophomore year in high school, I got a job on a two-man hay hauling crew and I pretty much kept at it every summer until I was out of college. We stacked hay until just about dark so it would be like 9 p.m. or so when I'd get home. Mom would have dinner warm in the oven, probably 1000 calories of steak, chicken, hot bread (cornbread or roll) and lot of vegetables usually including fried orka or squash from the garden and potatoes in some dellightful form. Dad laughs when he remembers me coming home covered in a mixture of dust and sweat with a bright white smile showing through the mess. I was smiling because I knew mamma had something good in the oven.

13. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke 500+ Posts

I can remember eating at Harry Akin's Night Hawk restaurant on 281, just outside of San Antonio in the 60's and early 70's when I went to my Grandpa's property for deer season.

The "Top Chop't Steak" was the thing to get buddy boy!

The Flight of the Night Bird

14. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

I honestly love these things and eat them for lunch regularly. They do bring back memories and my favs are the Steak and Tots and Steak and Mac. My only issue is I wish they were bigger. [​IMG]