Didn't watch College Game Day today, so did Herbie...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horn87, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

mention anything of the "cesspool" that is Austin? If he did, was he apologetic in any way?? Bet they won't be so accommodating at El Arroyo next time he comes down these parts...

• Like Like x 1
  2. hornsfan1026

hornsfan1026 25+ Posts

Herbstreit is one of those overrated underachievers who has grown very fond of the sound of his own voice, and who believes that he is the ultimate fount of all wisdom and truth.

It won't be long until he pops off to the wrong person, who will have tired of all the BS. He will go the way of others of his ilk and simply disappear from the airwaves.

May it be soon. Tiresome is a word that comes to mind.

3. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Nope! Not a word. I can't wait until we have Game Day in "cesspool Texas":popcorn:

4. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

He referred to the culture surrounding the athletic dept. and the boosters trying to gain more influence by writing a bigger check as a cesspool and not the city itself or your average fan. Some people would drive 500 miles out of their way to feel persecuted.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If that was the case every single FBS program would be cesspools with his beloved tOSU right at the top.

• Like Like x 2
  6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

yeah, he said it poorly, but he meant the culture of the administrators, boosters, and we fans as it relates to Charlie.

7. HornFaninAZ

HornFaninAZ < 25 Posts

They didn't talk about us at all yesterday. Why should they? We aren't ranked and we were facing a 1-5 ISU team. I agree with posters saying that a) he didn't mean the town and b) he probably should've worded it differently. I am not a fan of Strong and I haven't been since day one. I don't think however, that they should do anything about him until the end of the year and the constant discussion of his fate in the media is a distraction to the team. Just my $0.02

• Like Like x 1
  8. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

He was too busy arguing calls against OSU last night or explaining why every replay review should go in their favor. Worst homer call of a national televised game I have seen in a while. ABC/ESPN shouldn't let him do their games. It is pretty embarrassing.

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

You guys back off Herbie. The guy went to a school whose coach protected a killer, and where a tattoo parlor owner is apparently a "big donor".

10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Austin is one of the most beloved cities in the nation. Sooners, Republicans, etc. all speak exceedingly well of the city. The only negative that can be brought up is the traffic. Herbie didn't choose his words well but he made a decent point. That said, and assuming his facts as true, it's still the most attractive opening out there and only possibly falls behind tOSU, Bama and ND (and OU, of course :) ) as far as top jobs go - if you can get passed that orange.... Best of luck to you guys. We're all better when OU and UT are at the top.

• Like Like x 5
  11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

ou, the issue is he singled out Texas when there is no difference surrounding all of the programs. As has been said, if the tOSU coach had a losing record and a defense that could not cover a pass or tackle, he would be all over them. He would never call tOSU a cesspool.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Viper,

Columbus is the biggest cesspool I've ever visited, and yes, I have been to Philadelphia, Detroit, Memphis, and driven down New York Ave in DC.

• Like Like x 1
  13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Can't disagree.

14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Hell, if I remember correctly he moved to Nashville because of the tOSU cesspool relating to him and his family.

Also, you can't have it both ways. You can't be "We're Texas" and be like all of the other programs. :)

I mean, you are Texas...there's some cache there. tOSU/Bama/UT are the top tier in my mind's eye. PSU/FSU/USC/OU/FU/LSU/UTenn/etc. are the next tier and the list is bigger at the next level. Aggy, Auburn and UGA may be at that level. I don't know.

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

ou We're Texas just means our cesspool is different from your cesspool! :argue:

Agree with your tiering. Every one that counts is above the aggy line.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i think we're worse than most. i think our boosters are more public in ways that make it harder.
    i think our alumni is so large, there are few that can compete with the volume of voices on the internet.

17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

"We're Texas" means "ours don't stink" :yippee:

• Like Like x 1