dkr-memorial

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by TEX53INTENN, May 4, 2009.

1. TEX53INTENN

TEX53INTENN 25+ Posts

What wiil the seating capacity of DKR be when the new
    grandstand is added to the south end zone prior to the "09"
    season? Hope it will be 100,000 plus. Am sure thefinishing out
    the south ez will be delayed several years due to the economy.

2. TDTexas!

TDTexas! 250+ Posts

this current grandstand will be there until the next [​IMG] comes along. Even if Colt produces a nat'l champ, it wont happen anytime in next 10+ years. Colt is outstanding but none has ever had the dominance, flash and make it look easy as [​IMG]

3. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

4. emears

emears 100+ Posts

I believe the poster is talking about the permanent bleachers being built in the South endzone. They will be ready for 2009 but I don't know about capacity.

5. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

Last season's official capacity was 94,113; this number did not include the SEZ bleachers because they were deemed "temporary." The "permanent" bleachers being built in the SEZ will add about 4,500 to the official capacity for the upcoming season.

6. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

All 7 home games in 08 had at least 97k in attendance according to texassports.com....the largest was 98,621 for A&M. Of course that isn't the official permanent season # but gives you an idea of how many will be there on game day. The new permanent bleachers are supposed to be slightly larger than last years version I believe so you can expect right at 100k.