Do you believe in ghosts?

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by Mrs.Macanudo, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Mrs.Macanudo

Mrs.Macanudo 25+ Posts

Could you live in a house where someone had been murdered?
    If you lived in a house and later found out someone had been killed there, would you move?

Just curious?

2. BattleshipTexas

BattleshipTexas 1,000+ Posts

I have lived in a house where someone was murdered. Didn't notice anything different at all.

3. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

I believe they could exist yes. Too many sane people I know have said they've seen or experienced the paranormal.

My gf lost her id on new years eve. She looked everywhere for it. Couldn't find it, got a new one. Last week, the ID was sitting neatly on the closet floor.

4. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

My mother bought a house where a murder had occured, and lived there a few years. It was discounted because of this, and disclosed to begin with. She was a nurse, and was not irrationally disturbed by the thought of the deceased, since she witnessed these events (not murders, of course) in the course of her professional duties.
    Seems like a silly and superstitious thing to concern oneself with, but it might bother some people.

5. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

I know a poster here said he lived next to a house where the owner died. He said they sold the house but didn't disclose the information. He said the new tenant said to him that he thought the house was haunted. They prompltly sold the house and the 3rd set of owners believed it was haunted.

6. jcdenton

jcdenton 250+ Posts

I know for a fact that ghosts are real, very real. Unfortunately because they lack mass, they have no inertia and thus do not follow the Earth in its orbit around the Sun. That's why many ghost sightings (in fact the only "true" ghost sightings ) happen around the anniversary of a person's death, when the Earth's orbit intersects the point in space where the ghost exists.

7. Red Five

Red Five 500+ Posts

So there's always a shitpot of ghosts floating around in space? Interesting. I'd never thought of this before.

8. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!

[​IMG]

9. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Nice one JC.

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I have seen one very up close and personal and another couple less so. Yes, I believe very much so.

11. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

loop, I remember you said you saw this angry lady at your mom's? Intriguing story. You remember that thread?

Also, I've never met a Hispanic person who didn't believe in ghosts. Not suprised at your response.

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Yeah Rama only it was at my grandma's. When I mentioned a lady I saw at the bathroom she had me sit down and describe what I saw. Before I did so she wrote some things down on the paper, specific things. They matched up perfectly. That was the closest encounter I have ever had. I know of one other relative who saw her but from the backside but same dress on, same spot or general area. She saw her from outside. She lost her **** when she found out what it was and never went back to that residence.

13. MRCC

MRCC 100+ Posts

My mom used to live with her sister in a house where some had died when she(my mom) was in her early 20's. She says she was home alone one day in the kitchen, and the dog was barking at something in the hall, then ran down the hall, and came back flying through the air and yelping like it had been kicked. She packed her crap and left that night. Also they said that there was a door that nobody ever left open because it would always slam closed when nobody was looking. Even my cousin when he was 3ish knew to keep that door closed.

14. grammer_police

grammer_police 25+ Posts

15. AugieBall

AugieBall 100+ Posts

16. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

MRCC - does she know that it wasn't some person who had broken/snuck into the house?

18. PipFunatUT

PipFunatUT 500+ Posts

in my grandma's house someone died in a fire. well the fire was next door, but the badly burned man managed to get to her house (while my family lived there), but died inbetween the screen door and the real door knocking for help.

the house was haunted. all 9 kids have had experiences in it.

as well as myself and my cousins.

19. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

"Also, I've never met a Hispanic person who didn't believe in ghosts. Not suprised at your response."

Question... and being serious here.
    Is that a Catholic belief?

I've always thought more of ghosts being demonic actually.

20. MRCC

MRCC 100+ Posts

21. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

i've had a personal encounter with what i thought was a ghost.

but even more than that, i think that there are a lot of things in this world which we do not understand. when my wife lost her grandfather - he was in the hospital for a few days, and was having some serious health problems. early in the morning a few weeks ago - around 5am, wife's grandmother had a vivid dream of her husband shaking her awake and telling her he needed her right now. she woke up and woke up her daughter, and tells her that they need to go the hospital because henry needs her (wifes mother - lives in the same house; kind of a duplex) and as they are getting dressed they get the call from the hospital to come quickly.

they missed his passing, but somehow he got word out of his distress to her spiritually.

my mother has had a similar experience. sitting in a salon with her sisters (they are all witches - i swear they are - they instantly know when something is wrong with each other though they live in different states), many years ago, she sat bolt upright and said "something's wrong with dad." that'd be my grandpa. at about that moment he and my grandma swerved off the road to avoid a head on collision and landed in a drainage ditch.

how either my mother or my wife's grandmother knew what the **** was going on, i don't know, but i think there is something out there that speaks to us in a very emotional/spiritual way during times of great stress. i think some of us know how to hear it (i do not hear it, apparently - i've never received a signal of distress in my mind like that) and others might not be on that frequency.

in any case, it has creeped me out sufficiently.

22. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

oh, i guess my point is that metaphysical shouts of distress, should they exist, can maybe be heard by those that can hear them long after they've occurred. not everyone might be equipped, but i think those echoes can exist.

23. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

Here's a buttload of ghost pictures.
    Some of them pretty good if you have the time.

ghosts

24. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I was also present as the Army representative for some "ghost hunters" who were recording and investigating some phenomenons occurring in an old house in D.C., on military base. (Ft. McNair, to be exact).

They had an array of strobe type things, infrared stuff and gadgets galore. They got what they were looking for and then some. Remarkable, spooky and incredible. Turns out what they found did not jive with the folklore of what happened exactly, which stumped people.

Some research at the Lib. of Congress and other archives in the area actually proved that the folk tales were incorrect, that the person did indeed make a turn in another direction before heading to a certain room where they died. they had this recorded and nobody really knew about the left turn at the top of the stairs.

Yes, they are real.

25. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

loop, can you elaborate a bit more?

26. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I meant to but ran out of time. Am on the way out now but yeah, I will. It was very cool, very spooky and scared the **** out of non-believers. For these hunters it was sort of another day at the office but they were happy with the clarity and strength of their results.

The General that was living in the house, moved and it is now no longer housing officers, lol.

27. Nonbryan

Nonbryan 100+ Posts

I 100% belive in ghosts. I have had one personal experience with them and I am convinced. I would say that I was probably a little skeptical before my encounter but now, I believe they are real!

28. Mrs.Macanudo

Mrs.Macanudo 25+ Posts

Look....

Here is what I tell my daughter every time she comes into our room complaining of a scary dream......and yes....I made it up.....

There is an angel in every dark corner. When you see a shadow.....it is their wings spread across the room to protect you. They widen their hearts to hug you and keep you safe.......so every time you see something you are afraid of.......an angel is in the corner of your room, and they are in your heart, keeping you safe.

29. Brak

Brak 500+ Posts

Forget all this crap about ghosts. I want to hear more about this whole earth moves around the sun stuff. That's crazy talk.

30. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

non, please tell story.