Do you take the hotel robe?

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by VacantlyOccupied, Jun 23, 2008.

1. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

Stayed at the fancy Disney hotel in Anaheim last week. When we checked in, I noticed that one of the robes was missing. I called the front desk because I wanted them to know it was gone when I checked in, so I wouldn't get charged the $250 that the card on the hanger mentioned.

The guest services guy said not to worry about it, because they don't really charge for them. He even put the phone down and confirmed with someone else. You can take the robe and there's no charge.

So...do you take the robe? Next time you're at a Disney hotel, help yourself.

2. TexasERod

TexasERod 25+ Posts

"I already have three of them in my bag"

[​IMG]

3. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

No. I don't know who's worn it or what they've done while wearing it. It could be like the comforter on the bed for all I know.

4. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

IMO, if they wanted you to take the robe, they would have given it to you, gift-wrapped, upon check-in.

Stealing is stealing.

5. hullabelew

hullabelew 1,000+ Posts

We had a conference at The Ritz-Carlton on Amelia Island several years ago. At the time, our organization had a TON of newly hired people, most were fresh out of college.

I was standing behind one girl for checkout. The rooms were master billed, so you just had to pay for incidentals. The poor, naive girl gets handed a bill for over $1,000. She brought two of her college friends with her and they were going through the minibar like it was free and apparently, each one took a robe.

I'll never forget her crying out at the front desk "But I thought that stuff was all FREEEEEEEE"! She didn't last too long with us.

6. tex-horn

tex-horn 100+ Posts

7. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I bet you are wearing a hotel robe right now, aren't you, Counsellor? Well, I wore it before you did and I did "things" in it.

9. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

hell i don't touch the nasty things [​IMG] ...but it's not stealing if they have the right to charge you and choose not to.

10. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

I parade around naked in those things all the time and hang them back up. Don't really care who might have before or might after me. So be it.

11. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

i'd take the hotel robe. then all i would need to do is find a hotel wizard hat.

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

if you are parading around in one, you are hardly naked, right? that is like saying you parade around naked at work everyday...or do you?