Does Baylor have a chance against sand aggy?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TexasEd, Nov 23, 2008.

1. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

All the BCS poll crap would be irrelevant if Baylor could defeat a demoralized Tech team.

2. TEASIP84

TEASIP84 500+ Posts

That would be the icing on the cake!!! Tech could come out very flat after that woopin that got put on em by the boomer losers

3. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

No disprespect to BU but keep dreaming..

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

While it is not probable it could be possible. This year more than any in recent past. This is a salty Baylor team who got better as the year went on. They have a QB that can burn clock and keep drives alive. Their pass defense, well, who knows. Okay, they can hope for a race of some sorts.

But if Tech comes out flat and depressed which is a very real possibility, who knows. It would be a riot if that was the case.

5. BRay2244

BRay2244 500+ Posts

I can just see the Sooner meltdown now if this were to happen. They would claim that Leach lost on purpose to spite them. Sooner may just load up the travel trailers and head to Lubbock for a brawl. Tortillas, bleachers and goal posts Vs. near beer cans, meth lab equipment and visors. A classic all out war between sand aggy and land theives.

6. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

On Friday night, I told Robert Griffin that the Longhorn nation was rooting for them this weekend. He just grinned.

We'll see what happens. [​IMG]

7. RxLonghorn

RxLonghorn 250+ Posts

Dear Tech,

How much? Let us know and we'll make it happen.

keep in touch,

Texa$

8. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Not much of a chance for it to happen, but I would go stone cold crazy. I might would wear Bear gear for a year.

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

****, I would maybe wear Bear Costumes for a year. I may rent one for a weekend just cuz.

10. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

I think Baylor is capable of putting up some points on Tech. I just don't see how they will be able to stop Tech from scoring TD's. I think they might stop them once the entire game.

11. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

Go Baylor!

12. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

Could they do it? Yeah. But honestly, Tech wins 9 times out of 10. But you never know. Tech gets off to a slow start, has 2 or 3 turnovers, and Baylor gets a break or two, it could happen. Could Stanford win at USC or Appalachian State win at Michigan?

13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Baylor was able to get some pressure and hits on Colt but he was able to maintain composure except for the one big int.
    We saw what happened to Harrell when he's pressured and hit. He gets rattled pretty easily. Hell, a&m was up onTech at the half (granted it was at Pyle). Nebraska took Tech to overtime, in Lubbock

Certainly Briles and his staff will study those games and in particular the ou game and scheme accordingly.

Go Bears!!!!

14. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Also, Briles used to coach at Tech...

15. horninchicago

Shouldn't be hard to figure out. Musburger was saying that they have, what was it, 7 or 8 plays? The key is pressuring Harrell.

16. gkp

gkp 500+ Posts

17. horninchicago

A littele sarcasm from musburger and myself. tune up your meter. [​IMG]

18. blueglasshorse

blueglasshorse 1,000+ Posts

No. Tech will win by at least four TDs.

19. Zuerst

Zuerst 250+ Posts

20. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

21. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Tech will blow Baylor off the map.

22. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

No to put too fine of a pt on it, but BU has two chances: slim and none.

With that said, I'm pulling hard for 'slim'!

[​IMG]

23. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

I don't know what time the game is...and I don't care....But don't forget Tech's results before they started playing their night games against UT and OSU. They were not overly impressive. Now you've got Tech dragging *** back home after that whooping and they've lost a huge opportunity. The fans are going to be let down, especially if it is a day game and Baylor is better then the fans think.

Not saying it's likely to happen but I think it's more likely then most people think.

24. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

All it will take for Baylor to win is one chink in the armor. One Tech starter whose GF left him, is pouting, develops stonehands, or the like. Tech is a well-oiled machine that depends on all of its parts clicking together. If Tech plays well, though, Baylor is doomed.

25. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

Harrell's foot injury and the ankle injury to one of Tech's starting OLs could factor significantly into this game.

26. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

Very little chance.

But I will be pulling for them.

27. davert

davert 100+ Posts

28. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

If 3-7 Pitt can beat #2 WVU last year then anything is possible, extremely unlikely and i sure wouldnt put even one cent on it but there is a chance. Hey SMU tied aggy in 1994 the only game aggy didnt win that year and SMU finished like 1-9-1 that year so it can happen.

29. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

If they get a pair of INT's in the first half, or get a pair of scores easy, they have a chance. Briles may have to pull out some trick plays too. We saw Leach panic and go on 4th downs when they were only down 2 or 43 TD's.

30. Bevo71

Bevo71 500+ Posts

Tech's going to come out knowing they still have a shot at the Big XII Championship game if OkSt beats OU.

As much as I am praying for a Baylor beating of Tech, divine intervention in Lubbock will be the only way that happens, IMO.