Does MENSA reside at KSU?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TEXnSEATTLE, Oct 27, 2019.

1. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

KSU schemes to make o.u. look inept.....we, on the other hand had NOTHING two weeks earlier, when we had our chance....

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Chris Klieman certainly has the coaching pedigree unless you believe football is somehow completely different at the FCS level. Personally, I don't. They had a great game plan against OU and I am fully expecting KSU to clean our clocks in two weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I don't know about him being MENSA, but he sure was innovative and had OU off balance and on the ropes until the 4th quarter, but by then, for OU, it was too late. However, if OU's onside kick hadn't hit one of their own players before the ten yards, it may have been a different outcome.

4. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Football is football at EVERY LEVEL. It isn't rocket science. Anyone who believes otherwise is stupid. Its simply Xs and Os, and putting Jims and Joes in a position to win. Better talent and speed beats lesser talent and lesser speed unless a coaching staff is out coached. You have to play fundamental sound offense and defense. You have to teach the game to the point players don't have to think, but simply react and play. In a game of violence momentum plays a bigger roll below the NFL level. (unfortunately our coach doesn't believe in it). Even in the NFL you have to play with emotion. Team moral is huge. Herman has these kids playing ON EDGE instead of WITH AN EDGE. He is also making the mistake of simplifying play calling instead of simplifying assignments. That KSU coach will coach rings around our so called Mensa.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  5. Horn hubby

Horn hubby 500+ Posts

Some how our staff did the same thing to OU in the cotton bowl last year. They haven’t forgotten how to coach or at least I hope they haven’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That's true, but that was last year. KSU was all over OU until the 4th Q when OU made a push and they held them off and got the W. We kicked a FG and got the W last year.

7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

You make the point that Texas is doing what it did last year and likely the year before. May have worked for the most part then but everyone has figured Texas out.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

KSU staff didn't look so hot against Oklahoma State or Baylor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

That’s true stat, what was the difference? To me it’s two things, jumping out early gives the kids confidence in the plan, and that want to - leads to playing hard. All in all what I’ve seen is almost a back to ‘entitlement’ feeling among the Horns. Seems ridiculous considering all the kids who should be thinking ‘this is my chance’ playing for the injured but I see a lack of total aggression. I admit might be just me but I so not see play like you mean it mentality.

10. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Question: Can you just blow up the other teams guys before the ball goes 10 yds? Because OU just smashed the KSU guy about 7 yds past the 35. I'm not sure of the rule but seems odd you can just blow up a guy that's trying to catch the ball within the 1st 10 yds.

11. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

there are no new plays, no new looks, no scouting of the other team's QB....unless it is so subliminally done that I'm not noticing...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Wasn't there a Green Bay Packer sweep or something that, when executed, it couldn't be stopped? As in, teams KNEW they were going to run it and it didn't matter? It's all about personnel on both sides of the ball, IMO....

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

USC had the same sweep and it worked up to the 2006 Rose Bowl. Not so much during that game and since.

14. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Does MENSA reside at KSU?

No, Bill Snyder retired last year.

• Like Like x 1