Does Texassports still sell those dvd sets of entire UT football seasons?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by giveemhell, Jun 26, 2020.

1. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Ten or fifteen years ago, Texassports sold dvd sets of entire UT football seasons - anyone know if those are still available? I don't see them on their site anywhere. I have a feeling there won't be any college football this year, so was thinking about buying the entire 2005 season and watching the games weekly in the fall.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

It's too easy to copy/share those so I think they stopped selling them a while ago. They came out around the same time that the DVD industry was plagued by not being able to use copyright on things like background music, especially if they made the videos available online, and so they pulled most of the inventory once the music industry started suing.

Most of the games are on YouTube or other streaming sites. I use a couple of different software programs to capture/burn for family members who still want to go "old school" with how they watch games. There are about a million YouTube downloaders but I trust a handful like youtube-dl, and most of them will work with 3rd party sites like Vimeo or whatever. Handbrake is a good one to compress those into smaller files. And any DVD creation software will be able to make an easy menu to select games, and I even set chapters for the beginnings of quarters/halves. I haven't messed around with compiling complete seasons this way since about 2009, as I wanted to forget the 2010 season and beyond.

3. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

I just got a reply from Texas Athletics saying that these are no longer availalble. I suggested that they start producing them again if there ends up being no college football this year - I think they would be big sellers and would help fill the void. At the very least they should produce sets for the 2005, 2004 and possibly 2009 seasons.