'Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!' - Sarah Palin

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Max Powers, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Max Powers

Max Powers 100+ Posts

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Max
    very scaryThe Link
    @sEaTtLe_MeTrO Death 2 Palin family them retarded hillbillies take teabaggers w/ you hateful *****

and this:

We cant expect gov to intervene we must shoot Gen. Palin on site be 4 her troops strike again!

and this:

@interactionswst one word racism choose sides plain and simply that ***** Palin launch an attack, she need 2 b shot on site!

and this:

@Palin360 you need 2 b assassinated soon we ll settle 4 one of the family if not u!

and this:

maybe it takes a murder or 2 2 get the point across take aim at radical TP members

and this:

@BRIANGLAD Palin will b met with gunfire her or her family

and this:

@SarahStormRpt u need 2 be shot on site startin that racist Tp ****, all you all do is promo violence dont cry when some kill u basterds

and this:

IS Sarah Palin still alive, please feel free 2 domecheck that *****! she will look good in tha box the TP left on someones lawn

and this:

Yeah shorty i know soon as a ***** get killed bout a lie then ppl gone realize how stupid n lack info can get u hurt TP fuckin wit fire

and this:

@Southfive her map w crosshair need to b put on her family she that ***** can die or a TP supporter

and this:

Does Palin really want what she ask 4? we ll see after death strikes i guess no pose 2 see her rhetoric,it can b dangerous. but who cares!

and this:

i got 2 go see how many more targets Gen. Palin got mapped out that ***** gone get or someone i hope its GOP one of them racist *******

and this:

THe street gangs of america can take on the teabaggers and Palin. TP is callin 4 war just shoot any TP associates and family MS13 *******!

and this:

I cant wait till someone serious hurt that ***** Palin or one of her children soon she out of control!

and this:

@Oplis the ppl of color have been wait n 4 no one can agree on history so suggest the Palin plan let roll!ms13 will take care of that *****

and this:

Palin came 2 lower 48 2 start a civil divide this could b the moment of truth 4 americans 2 put her down

and this:

i encourage ppl 2 meet the TP wit the same acts of violence Palin instructs them 2 do we need 2 harass them 2 their racist graves

and this:

#hcr proof that Palin targeted Va. rep. w/ her map and someone followed up we have 2 stop this terrorist name Sarah someone please kill her!

Damn violent teabaggers!

For some reason this one seems particularly ominous:

Does anyone have that alaskan address 4 the Palins."
    end of quotes
    This should send chiils up anyone's spine.

3. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

it seems people take cues from our leaders quite well.

Indeed, messages likes these, cited by horn, are very chilling. I don't have good feelings about any of this.

4. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

After reading that, this should become an education issue more than anything else.

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Larry
    You can take the teacher out of Texas but you can't take the Texan out of the teacher.
    ok well that seemed cleverer when I was thinking of it.

But I see your point. It is scary how many times I have used textspeak.
    Do you see it more and more in the classroom?

YO
    I agree with you completely. I just don't know if anything the "Leaders" can say now would tone this down.

6. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

7. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Yo
    At least we correct it. I suspect anyone under 25 shakes their head and wonders why we correct it. After all we got the meaning of the textspeak.

9. hornyhoosier

hornyhoosier 500+ Posts

10. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think there's a lot more to this than just the political climate. Let's be honest - people are more hostile on the Internet on EVERYTHING. I mean look at the stuff people write about football coaches! It's gotten to the point that the most mundane things bring people to the point of hyperbolic Internet threats. That's a direct result of a very impersonal medium, and Twitter is very much an example of that.

The problem is that the longer it goes on, the more chance that eventually someone gets desensitized enough to actually act on something, since he THINKS he has the support of the Internet chuckleheads he always reads. That's not a GOP thing or a liberal thing, it's a direct result of where this society has been headed for a long time.

11. UT1986

UT1986 500+ Posts

12. ProdigalHorn

Someone was telling me a story the other day and told me that she was talking to a friend about a story, and her friend responded "LOL" - and by responded, I mean she SAID "LOL". That's just weird.

13. Max Powers

Max Powers 100+ Posts

@Horn6721: Sadly, it's not the language/terminology/threat made that scares me; it's the fact that it was made by someone who is regarded as a political leader.

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Max
    Let me understand you think "America is turning into a very scary place." because Palin tweeted?

seriously Palin on Twitter convinces you America is turning into a scary place?
    [​IMG]

15. Max Powers

Max Powers 100+ Posts

16. Max Powers

Max Powers 100+ Posts

@Horn6721: No. I'm scared because party leaders are calling for violence. Palin using Twitter doesn't bother me. A party leader inciting violence to an audience of over 100000 people does.

17. ProdigalHorn

18. Max Powers

Max Powers 100+ Posts

19. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Its a metaphor people....good God, what a bunch of freekin' woosies.

20. Max Powers

Max Powers 100+ Posts

21. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Prodigal anticipates my thought. There won't be a general uprising. Everybody can be a badass on the internet and most prefer to get their Jack Bauer on vicariously. However, the hysteria in the rhetoric could move another Tim McVeigh to feel he is carrying on "the good fight" by taking violent action.

The rhetoric of "culture war" or any other kind of war analogy is inappropriate to the political discourse of this country. Any rhetoric hysterically accusing a political faction of wanting to destroy the nation is even more inappropriate.

No one despised the Bush admin more than I did, but I don't think they were ever doing things with intent to harm the country. Even where I believe they lied, I think they thought they were lying in the interests of the US.

A side note to the overall tenor of discourse is the added abuse women in politics get. Hillary and now Palin are called "******* *******" and worse. That's a nasty side of male insecurity that does no good to anyone.

Politics, to some, has become a zero sum game. I think that attitude is cancerous.

22. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

i agree with McCain's statements that using words like "battleground states" and "targeting" a certain district should not be thought of as inciting or encouraging any kind of violence.

however, i also believe that whether or not Palin, the GOP, the tea party, or anyone else WANTS to incite violence or INTENDS to incite violence, the current climate calls for no extra violent metaphors and some vehement denouncing of any violence.

i think Palin, the GOP, and tea party have not only INCREASED the amount of violent metaphors but also skirted the vehement denouncement (and even denouncing Democrats reactions MORE than the actual violence) - so yeah, they aren't "inciting violence" IMO but they aren't exactly trying to stop it either, and i have no doubt that they know exactly what they are doing.

23. Max Powers

Max Powers 100+ Posts

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Johnnym Predictable:"i think Palin, the GOP, and tea party have not only INCREASED the amount of violent metaphors "

Because when Obama said, " get in their face" and " bring a gun" that was what?
    I guess you don't think exhorting people to bring a gun is suggesting violence.
    How many examples of Dems. Obama, adn the SEIU/ Acorn thugs making similar remarks would you like? Should i post the vid of the Dem party guy brandishing the billy club at a Philly polling place? How about the Dems thugs who posted AIG and banking executive addresses so busloads of other thugs could show up at their doors?

If you are trying be taken serious and as looking at the whole picture of what is going on now only blaming the GOP dilutes any meaningful point.

As we see both sides should take a deep breath, knock off the blame game and denounce anyone either side who uses these tactics.
    BOTH SIDES ARE GUILTY
    NO ONE SIDE IS MORE GUILTY

25. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

this whole thing is getting blown way out of proportion. once we have a rodney king riot like event from healthcare, come see me. of course, we are more likely to see something like that after a repeal.

26. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

^^Dream on about repeal. But, I agree everyone needs to cut the violent BS talk etc. WE are all Americans so this junk has no place. The secessionist talk is nonsense and should stop as well.

27. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I think Texas should secede.

28. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

Does anyone have that alaskan address 4 the Palins."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    No, but it's right next to Russia

29. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

Secession is a joke to which you are therefore hard to take serious. Analyzing it without the emotion would lead anyone who is reasonable to know the folly.

30. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, it almost is like they are only separated by a 50mi wide Bering Strait.