D'Onta Foreman

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by p_town_horn, Nov 25, 2016.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Also asked is how much they contributed to teams victories. Unfortunately for Foreman when you ask that about our wins three aren't enough.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 9
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Back in the day I had a old Timex digital watch in a dresser that I set the timer to off to remind me of Ricky's 'im turning pro' press conference..., that timer went off for years every day at the same time.
    My wife still talks about it to this day when my phone toner goes off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

The NFL is a copycat league and while teams don't traditionally draft running backs early, Dallas drafted one in the first round last year and look where they are now. So there's a possibility there could be an early run on backs which could move Foreman into the second or maybe even the first round. That's money a former 2 star never thought he'd ever see. I say go.

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Foreman’s season, click the image.

foreman-season.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Zeke was the most versatile (blocking, rushing, receiving), injury-free back to come out in years. Even Gurley fell lower because of questionable durability.

Elliot was also a different style back with much better resume than Foreman.

Elliot had two years of high production (273 carries, 6.9 ypc, 289 carries - 6.3 ypc). Foreman excelled as a heavy carry, feature back once. Reproduction carries draft weight.

Both years Zeke caught over 27 passes and 200+ yards. DF's best is 7 for 75. Not to mention Elliot had 41 TD's in two years compared to DF's 20.

I know you weren't comparing the two, just showing they're not even close in NFL value to warrant DF getting 1st round consideration.

But yes two RB's will go in the 2017 first round...Fournette and Cook. Just in the Cowboys own division all 3 other teams need a RB upgrade and seek their Zeke.

IMHO, FSU's Cook is the closest to Zeke's package this year. Fournette is a monster and does it all well, scouts are salivating over this guy. I still grade him below Cook.

I do agree Foreman would go in the second after a strong pro day and combine.

I'm a big DF fan and agree whole-heartedly he's a very good RB with a bright NFL future. But he's not as versatile with a solid package like Elliot, Fournette, and Cook.

I can assure you DF has no shot at the 2017 first round due to this class of RB's.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  9. JustWin

JustWin 250+ Posts

And this just in...
    George Foreman has so naned George. :coolnana:

10. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

He Gone

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

DF's decision coming this fast can't be good news for us. The fact he'll announce within a week or so after his last game is telling.

Ricky didn't announce a return until January 8th.

Why? Most seriously weighing a return do a lot of due diligence after the season.

They seek out draft projections from multiple sources, research insurance policies, consult with former players in their shoes, etc.

There's a lot of info to obtain to make a solid decision and it takes time.

Not to mention, the player is granted this time to gather info without pressure, there's no rush. Looks to me like he's moving on and it wasn't a big decision.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I say bank

14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

So long D'Onta best wishes to you. :hookem:
    Thanks for being the 2016 highlight reel for all Hornfans. :bevo:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I fear he was gone after getting so many carries in the Kansas game, but I am still hoping he comes back!

• Like Like x 1
  16. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I don't understand why a quick decision is a bad thing. Wouldn't he need more time to do due diligence of his potential draft status in the NFL if he was leaving? Then again, Saban is our new coach, Herman works at LSU, etc., so it must be true he's leaving.

I will wait and hear what he has to say later on today.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I was thinking the same thing about the early coaching announcements, especially considering the source, but unfortunately I think this is a done deal. I just don't see enough reasons for him to come back vs risks and considering the shelf life of an NFL RB I know I'd be heading to the NFL if it were me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. utxhorns32

utxhorns32 100+ Posts

Yeah i bet that did it :rolleyes1:

19. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Getting 50 carries in a game, a school record, would tend to make most running backs think about whether or not they want to come back and risk injury.

• Like Like x 2
  20. horninchicago

I would think a new coaching staff would make him take pause and realize he would probably not be called upon to carry the ball 50 times per game. I

• Like Like x 1
  21. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

He probably did not think Strong/Gilbert would run him 50 times either.

22. horninchicago

They were incompetent. If he can't figure out the difference, well....

23. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

I would think that his 40 time would drop him quite a bit in the draft. The NFL loves stats and specs. Either way, this is not like losing Ricky. No offense to D'Onta, but they are not in the same class (speed being the major difference). There's great and there's Heisman great!

24. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Watching the live facebook feed. That chair looks like it's starting to sweat a little...

25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I certainly am hoping he stays...however, I can see an early decision as something that Herman could have sought, no matter whether a stay or go. After all, if Foreman stays, it means less time has to be spent recruiting for that spot right away, whereas if he elects to leave, it is a gap that needs to be filled real quick since Porter clearly was not the option in that spot...

• Like Like x 2
  26. Tico

Tico 25+ Posts

Good bye D'. Have a wonderful NFL career.

• Like Like x 1
  27. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

I wish Foreman all of the best, but the Horns will be fine with Chris Warren returning, plus I'm sure that Herman will get more out of Porter as well.

28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Only problem with that is Warren cannot stay on the field. Hopefully Porter will fit into Herman's system, but his body is such that he cannot move the pile in the middle.

I am assuming Herman has an answer. Anyone know anything about graduate and/or Juco RB's?

29. horninchicago

I'm guessing he would have left regardless of coaching situation. What upside is there to Strong and Gilbert staying vs. having Herman and likely a better plan?

• Like Like x 1
  30. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Based on his comments, he was gone either way. I cannot blame him. Thank you D'onta and good luck!

This is a pretty big hole to fill, especially if Warren does not remain healthy.

• Like Like x 1