Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Right, both sides are all acting exactly the same
    Equivalents everywhere :rolleyes1:

Here is a short clip of Owens commiting the crime against humanity of attempting to eat breakfast

-----------------------

You cant say you werent warned

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Who said that?

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

False equivalents are a bother

4. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

Are you sure this is meant to inhibit patriotic displays? The flag code actually does say that you shouldn't wear clothing that is designed like the flag. I know most people believe they are being patriotic when they wear shirts that look like Old Glory but it actually written to be the opposite.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Who said they were equivalent?

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The legalize it campaign is bearing fruit

• Like Like x 1
  7. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I and several others said at the time this was a garbage ruling and it would only invite more attempts. And here we go. It didn't take long.

8. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Oh yeah I am sure they TOTALLY put that in there to be in compliance with the flag code.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Doesnt it seem like that entire "Commision" is high?

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Code violation?

[​IMG]

11. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

That's the Texas flag so no problemo.

12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

There are most definitely some violations going on, but they're all in my head.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Which one? :lol:

• Like Like x 4
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Parody site or just Darwin working his magic again?

-- A "Millennial Couple" decided it was a good idea to bike through ISIS-held territory to prove that ‘Humans Are Kind.' They were murdered. Of course

" .... Jay Austin and Lauren Geoghegan, who were both in their late 20s, last year quit their office jobs in Washington, DC, to embark on the journey. Austin, a vegan who worked for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and Geoghegan, a vegetarian who worked in the Georgetown University admissions office, decided that they're were wasting their lives working.

"I’ve grown tired of spending the best hours of my day in front of a glowing rectangle, of coloring the best years of my life in swaths of grey and beige,” Austin wrote on his blog before he quit. “I’ve missed too many sunsets while my back was turned. Too many thunderstorms went unwatched, too many gentle breezes unnoticed.”

The couple documented their year-long journey on Instagram and on a joint blog. As The New York Times put it, they shared "the openheartedness they wanted to embody and the acts of kindness reciprocated by strangers."

“You read the papers and you’re led to believe that the world is a big, scary place," Austin wrote.

“People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil."

“I don’t buy it," he continued. "Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own... By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”

However, Austin and Geoghegan's dream trip came to a tragic and gruesome end when they got to Tajikistan, a country with a known terrorist presence. They were riding their bikes through the country on July 29 when a car rammed them, according to CBS News. Five men got out of the car and stabbed the couple to death along with two other cyclists, one from Switzerland and the other from the Netherlands.

Two days later, ISIS released a video showing the same men sitting in front of the black ISIS flag. They looked at the camera and vowed to kill "disbelievers," according to The New York Times. ...."

Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’ and Gets Killed

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Very sad story. I'm not going to celebrate or ridicule anybody being killed by terrorists. However, it baffles me that people could be as naïve as these folks were. Where were these kids' parents or someone else who cared about them enough to shoot straight with them? Virtue signaling your tolerance and kindness on Instagram might feel good, but that isn't going to matter if you're confronted by terrorists who think it's their religious duty to murder Westerners.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Seems like that could easily be an argument for not giving US visas to folks from these places?

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Certainly not if they can't be vetted.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I hope this doesnt make you mad at me for the next month but it's also kind of funny how you sort of lead by virtue signaling then made fun of people who virtue signal

20. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

IX
    I'd wager they had family around them counseling them in the danger of their trek.

• Like Like x 1
  21. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Reminds me of that guy who tried living with grizzly bears. It worked for a while until they got hungry. They did find his video camera and it told a pretty bad ending for him and his girlfriend.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If that's the case, then these people were very foolish.

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Is it virtue signaling to say that I don't celebrate anybody being murdered by terrorists?

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LOL, I would argue you just did it a second time.

Anyway, yes, your opening superfluous preface letting everyone know you think you are a higher form of human because you dont celebrate the tragic deaths of other humans was virtue signaling by definition. It a bit funny in light of what came afterwards. You got caught, just run with it.

26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

And that guy's dad was certain his son would never amount to ****.

• Like Like x 4
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, he was wrong about that.

• Like Like x 2
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Virtue signaling turns bad when it is converted into policy. Otherwise, go with it. :smokin:

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

We must have different definitions of virtue signaling. To me, not cerebrating someone's death at the hands of terrorists doesn't make me a higher form of human or anything special. It just makes me something other than a heartless *******. The fact that you view it as virtue signaling says much more about what you are.

• Like Like x 1