Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Anatomically, Ken was always a they

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Honestly, I'm surprised nobody did this sooner.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

But it cannot be said that his wounds, whatever they may be, were self-inflicted

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Clever marketing by Popeyes for Holiday Travel?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"Worst than Hitler"

[​IMG]

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Both my parents worked, and I managed to learn a lot of things, but part of it was because I watched and paid attention. Mom and Dad didn't always do a good job of sitting us down and specifically showing us how to do certain things, but they had us helping with things and we cared enough to try to do them right. And then of course there were the occasional "let's go change the oil on the car" episodes. I wish they'd done more in terms of budgeting and some of those household management lessons, but I never felt like I was unprepared for life when I left home.

But in some ways, yeah the parents need to be better at actively teaching and not just doing it for the kid without them knowing it. In some ways it's about the kid actually taking an interest in something outside himself. And in some ways it's about spending time together and knowing what's going on in the house. I feel like all three of those things may be on the wane, and no one is better for it.

7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

The one thing I have done with my son that my parents didn't do with me is talk about sex and consent. My parents probably felt that stuff goes without saying, but there are conflicting messages out there and many in my and subsequent generations felt that being too drunk to remember clearly or testify credibly was "consent". If you can't live without sex, look around and some woman is willing.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is all future sports if you guys keep letting liberals ruin everything

9. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

With 3 boys we've been very concerned with how they are susceptible in a #MeToo world. Even when alcohol isn't involved we are concerned that they always always always confirm consent. Of course, our experience in a socially liberal Seattle suburb is that the females are the aggressors. It's the females that are pursuing the boys and sending promiscuous snapchats to boys they aren't even romantically involved with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Who's job is it to teach a kid to take an interest in something outside of himself?

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Had me laughing

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Here's something I wrote for my son:

THE RULES

Do not assume a woman is practicing birth-control; while it may not be romantic to talk about it in the moment, neither is it romantic to have a baby with a woman you do not love, especially if you are broke.

Being a man is not making love to a woman; it is being mature about life.

When a woman says no, then she means no; even if it’s like a light that goes from green directly to red while you are speeding through the intersection; unlike a car, your brakes work instantly.

If a woman is drunk being a man means helping her, not taking advantage of her.

STD = Sexually Transmitted Disease. A condom solves the problem. So does not making love to her. It’s your choice.

The Bible says, "Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor’s Wife." You know why? He may kill you among other reasons. It's the same with somebody's girl-friend. It's bad form and besides, if she's lying to him to be with you then one day she will lie to you to be with somebody else.

It is illegal in Texas for anyone under 21 to drink alcoholic beverages or take drugs at any age; it is also illegal to ingest someone else’s prescription drugs (SYZRRP).

It is illegal to drive under the influence; it is also life-threatening, not only to you but your passengers and others who have the misfortune of crossing your path.

If you do drink, the only way to know it's not spiked is to open the can or bottle yourself; otherwise... you just don't know what's in that trash can punch do you? It's the same with recreational drugs; they are not inspected by the Food and Drug Administration now are they?

“A man has got to know his limitations.” That’s a line from a Clint Eastwood movie; knowing your limits means not losing control. You have to be able to take care of business whether it means being able to drive yourself home from a party or knowing when it’s time to go to the library.

A friend will understand the above, a bad influence will not. Know the difference.

An adult does not suffer any loss of pride by saying no to bad decisions.

A woman is impressed with a man who has his act together, has a plan for the future, is honest in a kind manner even if he is rejecting her and is able to accept present frustration for a future gain, meaning he takes his time when it is necessary.

You are not independent until you can pay for all your expenses without the help of your parents.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

To be fair, if "they" can be singular (as it is in "trans-speak"), then bi can mean more than two. Or course, that means our language (in fact the very idea of language) is going to hell, but who cares?

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

People should challenge this guy and others when they say they have a "vagina." What he actually has is a fancy wound on his taint that's designed to look like a vagina and has his inverted penis sewn into it. That's not a vagina.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  17. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

They just need the trans-gendered cheerleaders and that would be a liberal utopia.

18. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

If a woman says no then it should be a full stop, no question. But to say that a woman always means exactly what she said is an instant loss of credibility.

Ex: "Honey,what did you want for your birthday this year?" "Oh no don't get me anything, I have too much stuff already".... She said no, but that's not what she meant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good catch, I dont think I even saw them until now

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Shouldn't the challenge be coming from females? They are the ones most directly affected.

• Like Like x 1
  21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I wrote this thing for him about six or seven years ago. It was before #Metoo. No means no was the buzz phrase before all the mess we see today. I felt there was no nuance that a no from a woman might mean maybe or keep trying. I wanted to make sure he understood there is nothing about himself that he can't control no matter the situation.

Hey, l tried my persuasion charms long ago, alone in a girls dorm room. More than once. I understand how the light can change on you. Thank God I had good brakes.

22. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

This isn't completely true. But it definitely suffices for a father to son treatise. Good job.

23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I realize absolutes can be problematic but I wanted him to have some tools...

• Like Like x 1
  24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They're gonna do to all the other sports what they did to the rules of basketball? :D

Well, that's correct. Having XX chromosomes both makes someone female and makes them have a vagina. Having XY chromosomes both makes someone male and makes them have a penis. The vagina and penis aren't what cause someone to be female/male (which is why changing them doesn't change whether someone is male or female).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

We have already seen the no-platforming and removals from social media platforms when actual females tell those guys that they are not women. The Brigade goes after the outspoken females with an all-out effort to destroy them...I've even had them try to come after my position and I really didn't consider myself to have been THAT outspoken...

26. Seattle Husker

It's only a matter of time before DNA tests are required for competitive sports. Forget what gender someone identifies with and focus only on the genetics.

With that said, the histrionics on this topic are overblown. No "sport" has been ruined yet.

27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You said the magic word. It's only a matter of time.

28. Seattle Husker

In other words, we have solutions looking for a problem.

29. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

No, the movement has just started and it will continue to worsen. When have political activists gotten their way and just stopped? Not very often.

30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

There is always a time lag. Trans acceptance is at an all-time high and they will continue to exert their rights on all fronts. It's a vision. I believe there will be a train-wreck of sorts as women will begin to lose more and more to trans-gender athletes. Men don't have to worry about it. I just think it's obvious what's coming.

As for the testing that you mention, I wonder if anyone will ever agree on the parameters. What is the range that separates the male from the female category in competition other than the obvious: the male and female anatomy.

• Agree Agree x 1