Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

never understood that one even though I disagreed with their views on the subject...I will not allow my wish for a tasty chicken sandwich to override the ability of a private entity (which ChickFilA is) to spend their money as they see fit.

• Like Like x 3
  2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The party of apology...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

A bit much to call the guy a "hero".

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The meaning of the word glamour has certainly evolved

[​IMG]

5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

"Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid."

Hedy Lamarr

And the same Hedy Lamarr:

"The most celebrated use of frequency hopping was a patent awarded to actress Hedy Lamarr and composer George Antheil, who in 1942 received U.S. Patent 2,292,387 for their "Secret Communications System". This intended early version of frequency hopping was supposed to use a piano-roll to change among 88 frequencies, and was intended to make radio-guided torpedoes harder for enemies to detect or to jam, but there is no record of a working device ever being produced. The patent was rediscovered in the 1950s during patent searches when private companies independently developed Code Division Multiple Access, a non-frequency-hopping form of spread-spectrum, and has been cited numerous times since."

• Like Like x 1
  6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Go get them North Dakota --

"North Dakota’s tax commissioner wants to ensure that professional protestors at Standing Rock are paying their fair share to the state, which has spent more than $22 million policing the thousands who showed up in opposition to the Dakota Access pipeline.

Tax Commissioner Ryan Rauschberger said earlier this week that his office was “looking at entities that have potential paid contractors here on their behalf doing work.”

In the last year, North Dakota has seen thousands of out-of-state activists flock to the state to participate in the protests over the Dakota Access pipeline. The protests, which have not always been peaceful, have led to more than 600 arrests, straining the state’s law enforcement and court system.

Jen Raab, a spokeswoman for Rauschberger, said the tax commissioner and lawmakers had discussed how to enforce current tax laws against relevant Standing Rock protestors. In North Dakota, anyone who earns more than $10,350 in-state must submit a tax filing.

“Since the protesters earned income in North Dakota, they would owe income tax to the state on that income tax per North Dakota tax law,” Raab said. “If they do not file for tax year 2016, they would be subject to penalties and interest.”....."

• Like Like x 2
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Apparently Sarah Silverman (who I admit I thought was funny 15 years ago) thinks the military will see the college campus violence in liberal states, and start a coup. These people still have no idea what has just happened in the US

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I've thought about this quite a bit. The Left liberally accuses the right of being Nazi's. Yet, Hitler had his own personal military arm when he rose to power (SS, Brown shirts). This is not something that is normal for a political party (i.e. have an armed force using aggression on the streets). But who has an aggressive group of heavy's attacking people and destroying property? The only difference is they aren't wearing uniforms and the hierarchy may not be established like the SS (more structure/organization). But we know the protestors in many instances are paid (and college students are college students) and they do meet and can respond as needed, where needed.

Anne Frank would not have happened today; I don't care who is President. I'm not a Trump supporter but I'm sick of people who are permitted to assume they have the moral right to behave as we have seen and use Nazi references as justification. They are flat out wrong yet they are getting away with it. And the Liberal leadership are 100% to blame. They know how easy it is to inflame emotionally impaired individuals with an axe to grind and they are using their platform to see that it happens.

Here are some facts as I see them no matter what you think about Trump's immigration restriction:

1) ISIS/Al Queda want to commit acts of terror on our home soil. It's already happened here multiple times and we know about what has happened in Europe.
    2) ISIS/Al Queda will clearly use the refugees as a trojan horse.
    3) Our border south of us is a sieve and there is a political patron who is aggressively defending the right of those to the south of us to enter our country at will and remain regardless of the laws.
    4) Yemen, Somalia, Sudan are countries without a functioning government and those who hate us can operate with impunity. We also know that Iraq is waging war on ISIS and it's possible that ISIS "soldiers" may try to evacuate and come over here to continue the fight. Iran still seems to be very unstable in terms of our pact and the ballistic missile news we've read about recently. I don't believe Trump excluded other traditional Muslim nations because of his business interests. Nobody has proof of that and it is an accusation leveled solely to confuse people. But sometimes, the accusation becomes a fact if repeated often enough as we all know.

Trump just threw the switch. It could have been done better but in my view, the Left is completely over-reacting and the sad thing is that I believe it is solely to regain power and not because our rights are truly at risk.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

And then they went out shattering glass windows to try and halt the free speech of a gay Jewish man.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's not normal in modern times, especially in the US, but it wasn't uncommon in Europe in the 1930s. You mentioned the SA (the Brownshirts), but they were modeled after the Blackshirts, who worked for Mussolini's National Fascist Party. The German Communists had the Roter Frontkämpferbund. The Spanish fascists under Franco also had a paramilitary wing. Of course, the Russian Communists had the Bolsheviks who were frequently violent. The point is that radical and revolutionary parties often have bands of thugs who storm the country intimidating people.

The people who are beating up Trump supporters are not much different from your SA people - just a lot less organized and disciplined, not that the SA was all that organized or disciplined.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Basically this person is a joke to me. She is emotionally impaired, humorless and obsessed. I'm not impressed at all by her point of view and it makes me sick that she is so arrogant in her desire to end something and innocuous as a St. Pattie's day parade. This is why the far Left has become so dangerous. It's a form of mental illness as far as I'm concerned; they believe they are for freedom but this type of post/meme/whatever is in fact the epitome of control and censorship.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

If her meme said "I don't think it's OK to have a white pride rally", well, that's one thing. It is quite another to tell everybody else unequivocally it's not OK. And my immediate response? f**k you, I'll celebrate whatever I want to.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Meanings of words do evolve over time

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think this is about the Super Bowl

[​IMG]

17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Sarah signs off with; "good night everyone, except white people".

At least Sarah appears to be Asian. I see white people doing the same thing. How do they think that kind of hatred is going to work out for their children when they start going to public schools?

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Alot of people out there are completely nutz
    Be careful

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nate Silver's string of bad luck continued last night

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I am basically a Democrat but this type of tweet is why I can't stand Liberals. I have no use for them. She's acting like a blatant racist and it's because she is too emotionally impaired to realize she is only saying it because hating on white people has become a fad and she is mistaking being popular with being progressive. There is just no question in my mind that her tweet is racist. You can't judge it any other way. At least that's my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Time for some straight talk

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Life comes at you fast

[​IMG]

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The same motivation that led to the Holodomor and the Cambodian Killing Fields, ...

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Now the 'progressives' want to assassinate Tom Brady
    This is just a sample, there is lots more .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's weird how a team that plays in one of the most liberal cities in America and is dominated by black dudes became a proxy for white supremacy. Some people are going full crackpot.

28. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

When people post wild *** claims on social media, like "I'm going to assassinate Brady", it makes you realize how far civility and society in general have fallen. The whole internet is like a giant bathroom wall where people can brazenly write any disgusting thing they want without any repercussions. Maybe if Brady were black or gay and right wing extremists were making the threats, the authorities would be interested, but not for a hetero, white dude.

29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

"Some"?!?!?

Ladies and Gentlemen...we have an early front-runner for Understatement of the Week

• Like Like x 3
  30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

From what I have read, most professional black athletes consider Boston to be racist. The image of being progressive is cultivated by the elites; the very kind that probably prompted this quote by Malcolm X:

• Like Like x 2