Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

PE
    Actually in addition to the woman Michelle that JF posted above at least one more resident Baltimore has not only spoken out, She has posted several videos of conditions.Kimberly Klacik a black female Republican who has now been threatened for exposing real conditions
    here is one
    kimberly klacik - Bing video

but orange man bad.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

So Asians are better than black people - that is so racist. See what I did here? This is what the dem media would say if Trump had said it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You're not answering the question. You're both attacking Cummings for what he said, and it's a fair attack. Cummings (and many Democrats) are saying outrageous things about ICE for which they can and should pay a political price. You're not saying why tangling with him is productive. In light of the fiscal nightmare we've been in the last several days, it feels more like a distraction than a good faith fight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

6. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

It definitely isn't productive except for pointing out what a loud-mouthed hypocrite Cummings is and that the Dems don't care if their own constituents' kids are sitting around in dirty diapers, in rat-infested houses, just as long as illegals' kids aren't.

But mostly, I think it was just Trump having his man's back. Nobody else would come to his aid, so Trump did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You love those nothingburgers with extra cheese, don't you?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And I get that. My issue isn't that the Democrats don't deserve this. They do. I also don't have a problem with the ICE people being defended. They do deserve that. It's just frustrating that there is a major fiscal issue that's exploding right in front of us, and nobody cares. We're bitching about the neighbor's noisy dog when there's a hydrogen bomb going off in the house next door.

There isn't a fiscally conservative party anymore. There's a fiscally liberal party and a fiscally insane party, and that's it. That's a dangerous place to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Trump hasn't been all that great financially. Tax and regulation cuts are good. But trade restrictions, horrible deficit spending, haranguing the Fed chairman, no work at all on entitlements are all very bad.

It is almost like this guy has been bankrupt before. Or lead to the financial demise of a large organization through poor leadership.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I said specifically why it is productive. I think you just want to use *your* definition of productive and yours alone.

11. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Personal accountability for thee but not for me. - Wealthy individuals

The outcomes of the great recession is a perfect example of wealth having accountability privileges. Yes, there HAS TO BE MORE ACCOUNTABILITY by those in the inner city to pull themselves out of their situation but the system is stacked in favor of those that already have wealth. The 2008 collapse showed that the financial system lacks any personal accountability. I find it difficult to lecture an inner city person struggling to stay above the poverty line when the financial system is so slanted.

12. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

The difference between Sanders and Trump is the former recognized the dire situation to say "let's fix this" while the latter used Baltimore as a political foil to paint it as an "other", as if Baltimore doesn't also fall under Federal government influence.

bystander- Trump kicked off his 2016 campaign through divisive rhetoric ("they're sending rapists, murderers,...). Who was he responding too then? The narrative he's just responding is hogwash. It's an attempt to rationalize behavior that prior to Trump was completely unacceptable and would have resulted in ending the political career of the speaker. Alas, because he's fighting FOR your viewpoints it's ok. In turn, anyone who supports Trump yet claims to care about civility should not be surprised when their words are interpreted as hollow.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

I don’t speak moron. Can I get a translator?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Phil, I get your point. I understand your rationale.

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

www.texags.com

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

LH
    The moron was Obama getting taken by the Iranians in the horrible deal he nade without Congressional support , not to mention the moron gave Iran 1.7 billion even though Congress and US Courts had ruled some of that money should go to American victims of terrorism.
    And do not forget the moron sent pallets of cash.

So now you know the moron and his negotiation Trump referenced . Glad to help you remember .

• Like Like x 2
  17. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

18. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Im not rich, my parents arent rich and I still have significant student loan debt, yet I don't have 3 kids, Ive never been arrested, I pay my bills and am generally a good citizen. Nothing was ever handed to me. We must stop polarizing this into a rich vs. poor argument.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Are you white? If so that's the next argument. Don't even try. When Bill Cosby can't even call this stuff out then it's not ever going to change.

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They are good negotiators but poor fighters.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't think he's pointing the finger at you or people like you. He's pointing out the unfairness that when the economy collapsed, the financial industry (which was wealthy) got to socialize its losses through a bailout. Nobody was held accountable. Ordinary citizens who were in financial trouble and facing foreclosure were allowed to lose their house. They were held accountable. That wasn't fair, and it diminished the country's credibility when it tells the poor to take responsibility for themselves. He is right. You can't stand by the fairness of the market selectively.

The problem is that Baltimore's problems are much deeper than the financial crisis. We could bailout the city of Baltimore with cash, and it wouldn't solve their problems. And frankly, people are giving Elijah Cummings flack over this, but he didn't create their problems and is actually one of their more sensible leaders, which admittedly isn't saying much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There have been upsides to his victory. I will acknowledge that. The improvements to the Judiciary are very big. Cutting taxes and regulations is good. However, we're paying the price on fiscal responsibility. Our government is now on autopilot. It's just spending money without restraint, because there are no significant advocates for it.

To be clear, I'm not stupid enough to place the blame for deficits entirely or even mostly on the President. The appropriators are on Capitol Hill. They are first and foremost to blame. However, they are also politicians, and those who impact national and local politics influence what they are willing to do. The tendency of Democrats is to spend. Republicans will resist the urge but only if a Democrat is in the White House (because that sets up a politically convenient narrative) or if they are given leadership from their own President to rein spending in. Not only is Trump giving none of that, he's pushing in the opposite direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

That's what 53 years of Democratic governance will get you; ever expanding social programs and dependence on government handouts. Now they don't know any other way to live.

24. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Baltimore City pumps $900 million a year into public schools or $15,000 per student. They have the worst SAT scores in the state.

"Charm City" also has the highest taxes in the state. The result, all the major companies have left the city and taken the jobs with them. Instead of incentives, they give businesses reasons to go else where.

What’s wrong with Baltimore?

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I wonder how much Baltimore receives in Fed $$
    Is it proportionally more or less than other cities ?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  26. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

If you want a good example of the handout mentality, look no further than the AOC comments about the Equifax settlement fund...I did actually find it humorous that she referred to a potential $125 check as a 'nice chunk of change.'

https://nypost.com/2019/07/27/sorry-aoc-but-equifax-probably-wont-be-paying-people-125-apiece/

Her tweets summed up the crappy political philosophy in a nutshell...someone has money, so go get your hand-out because its free. Never mind that encouraging people to make a claim that have no real impact from the breach harms the people who actually DID sustain a potential and verifiable harm...

27. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Clean
    thanks
    And that report is from 2015.
    Why should we give that city another penny?
    No it isn't Cumming fault
    But he could have demanded accountability for money spent in his district and he could have used his status to call for a clean up of the graft.

29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So Trump's Regional HUD Director reports WE gave Baltimore BILLION in grants in 2018 alone
    "
    ‘We have given more money in homeless funds to Baltimore than the last administration’ as well as ‘community development grants,’ according to Patton.

She then took Cummings and the city leadership, including Mayor Bernard Young, to task, asking: ‘What are you actually doing with the money so that it benefits residents in the community for once instead of deep-pocket, crooked politicians?’
    Donald Trump's aide Lynne Patton asks what Baltimore has done with its financial help | Daily Mail Online

Dems Leftists and Trump Haters do not like getting reality thrown at them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3