Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Typical de Blasio misrepresentations there...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

As a man who has confronted a few pissed off bovines, even the relatively small (1200 pound) hornless females of the species could throw me 10 feet in the air. Fearless or not, the girl gets run over if that's what the bull wants.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The bull represents the progress of the market (a rather gender equitable way to make money, your stock values don't care if you're a male or female). So is this statue saying that feminism represents an impediment to the financial progress and investments of both genders?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

That is what I have been saying. When I first saw it, I was like "this girl wants to destroy the economy? I do not get it".

The problem with the little girl statue is it very poorly conveys its message.

What they needed was a statue of a woman riding the bull. That would send a much different message than the current setup.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

A handful of people are going to read this article, but most will shrug at it and go on with their lives. It'll be forgotten tomorrow, and this nut will go on getting paid to spout her idiocy. Now imagine what would happen to a writer who used the exact same headline but but used the word "black" instead of "white" or used the word "women" instead of "men." Would the person still get their articles published in the Huffington Post? Would he or she still be able to make a living?

(And of course she's "virtuous" enough not to use the tranny-hostile term "women" and instead uses the more inclusive "female-idenitifying people.")

6. ProdigalHorn

She's a philosophy student/activist. I'm honestly not sure there's a more useless combination in the world.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She's useless, but the fact that an even arguably serious publication gives her a platform is concerning. She should be taken less seriously than David Duke.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

If you've seen the business model at HuffPo, pretty much Arianna Huffiington is the only one getting paid.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Resistance will not be tolerated -- "It is important to note ...."

Does not seem far off from Stalin and Mao "re-educating" their enemies

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A student at the University of South Alabama has been threatened by school admin for having a Trump sign in his window

“I am asking that you remove the sign within 24 hours. I have included your RA, Tiffany, on this email so that she can check to ensure it is gone within 24 hours.” Lloyd said in an e-mail to the student.

“1st Amendment,” is all Meredith said in his reply.
    Will he be sent to re-accomodation skool?

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9048

11. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

You don't want Tiffany to have to crack down on you!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

That R.A. Tiffany must be a real ball-breaker. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Campus Reform reached out to Lloyd for comment on the matter, but was told that he is “not allowed to speak on this subject as [he is] not a representative of the university.”

The school’s Executive Director of Marketing and Communications Michael Haskins informed Campus Reform that he “followed up on this issue” and was “told that there was a misunderstanding on the part of a student member of the housing staff regarding their interpretation of the university campaign signage policy.”

Haskins confirmed that Meredith will be allowed to keep the sign in place, saying, “The staff have been instructed as to the proper interpretation and application of university policy, and the student who communicated with you has been informed of the misunderstanding and that the sign is permissible.”

• Like Like x 2
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

'misunderstanding' LOL! More like "oh crap, one of our PC SJW's got caught being stupid..."

• Like Like x 3
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. ProdigalHorn

Yeah... seems like we hear that a lot.

Although I'm skeptical, I'll also admit that it's very possible that some of the older administrators just don't get how far down the line some of their employees have come in terms of a willingness to intimidate and suppress opposing viewpoints. Maybe the orientations don't include something like "I get that you hate anyone who disagrees with you, but you can't just force them to believe what you believe or leave campus."

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned. If they want to charge someone with damaging the toilet, that's fine. However, if they make some big hate crime out of this, that'll be pathetic. If this had been a Bible in the toilet rather than a Quran, it would be treated as an act of free speech if it got any news at all.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

MrD
    It is possible this "hate crime" was yet another hoax crime. Official word yet to come

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Of course that's very possible. In fact that would be my first suspicion.

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

HuffPo took down and retracted the "deny whitey the vote" article. Link.

21. ProdigalHorn

The fact that they even have to write this, and that they're just now putting a Journalism 101 practice into effect is why the HuffPo is a joke from a journalistic standpoint.

• Like Like x 7
  22. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Good.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As a kid, I thought everyone would have flying cars by now. But got this instead.
    Do I get a refund?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  24. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

His wife gets him corn-holed on his 60th birthday? Not my kind of gift, thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I have to agree that society focussing on achieving things like transvestite rights instead of flying cars may be the best example of American society going downhill the past 30 years.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Ha. Thought I was one of few who still regularly use 'corn-hole' as a verb. :thumbup:

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I had to look it up for that context
    I thought it was that stupid game you see at tailgates

• Like Like x 1
  29. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I always thought it was weird that the game at tailgates took on the name, given its other meaning. But then again, maybe the game existing before the other use of the term.

I think the game is a SEC region origin so I'm not sure how far back the SEC has been corn-holing.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Purdy sure the "other meaning" was around long before sec, sec, sec football.

I seem to recall Davy Crockett calling somebody a corn-holing so and so back in the early 1800s.