Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Ha, not me.

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Dangit! Oh well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. horninchicago

I'm still famous, though...

Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I guess I'm glad it wasn't you because you'd probably be unemployed right now which wouldn't be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. horninchicago

Yes, I would be one big douchecanoe.

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  7. horninchicago

Y'all really think highly of me lol.

:fiestanana:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Well reading the link at least you were discreet. You didn't go running down the aisles
    so you got THAT going for you:lmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. horninchicago

Reacting with "Funny" in no way implies that was me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

ok
    but you gotta admit is:lmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  12. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  13. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, when you're half way between LA and Hawaii, over the Pacific Ocean, and you have to turn around because of a "mechanical issue", you can take comfort knowing that your pilots were chosen mainly to satisfy artificial diversity goals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. horninchicago

Settle down, guys. While it is stupid to make that statement, any pilots would be more than fully qualified.

16. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Isn't this racist? :)

Using Liberal logic, attacking China over anything is racist. Yet we have this. So does that mean the Biden Administration is actually making life more dangerous for Asian-Americans here in America? And what about Cultural Egalitarianism. Isn't questioning China an attack on their very being and sovereignty?

I wonder how much mileage the Liberals got out of Trump attacking China.

U.S. State Department 'wishes to discuss' boycott of 2022 Beijing Olympics

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

By
    Wonder how the Dems will handle that? Biden saying he is considering a boycott wil definitely will incite the hate Asian group.

18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

There's no doubt about it. But this type of abject and arrogant hypocrisy was exhibited in the #Metoo campaign. Same with the border surge situation.

19. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

What is truly appalling is it seems UA is willing to take people that have never even been PIC on a single-engine and put them behind the stick on commercial flights.

Anyone who has ever been around general aviation can see very easily who is, and who is not, seeking private certification. And it is not as though it is overly costly to GET a private pilot certification...less than $10K and can be substantially less at some non-towered fields. IFR certification and then moving to muilti can add another $10K. There are even some loans available FOR the education. Yet it remains something that is often occupied by two subsets of predominantly one color.

And before anyone trots out the trope of lack of access, there are often certified instructors at most airfields...and, at least in Texas, there is at least one in most counties. I know several owners who got certified as instructors since it helped to pay for their maintenance and hangar fees...

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I don’t see many blind pilots in the industry. This needs to be rectified.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

My worry is that these folks become disillusioned at their career because they were pushed into the job and crash the plane on purpose.

22. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

And what happens if not enough apply or pass flight school? Lobby to make flight school less challenging?

• Like Like x 1
  23. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Just wait until the diversity hires discover that the math they assert is racist because it demands precision is, in fact, a very important element of things like Weights and Balance and even with factoring in adjustments for winds and humidity...especially on landing.

• Like Like x 1
  24. horninchicago

I don'y work for UA so I don't know.

25. horninchicago

The lily white German Wings pilot says hello.

:fiestanana:

• Funny Funny x 3
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

As a passenger, how the hell do we know that? I would think that a being a pilot is one of those areas in which skill and qualifications should pretty much trump everything. If the Latinx, transwoman in a wheelchair is really the best qualified pilot, then so be it. But do I really want to get on a plane if more qualified white or Asian pilots were passed over for the sake of diversity and virtue signalling? No thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  27. horninchicago

That's fair. Because I said so.

But seriously, skill and qualifications will trump all at the end of the day. I don't work there, we'll see how it goes for them, but they won't crew their planes with unqualified pilots.

28. horninchicago

It's your thread, so, you know, it was likely some dumb PC HR types who came up with this crap.

29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Is that code for Democrats? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  30. horninchicago

It's like they say...not all Democrats are dumb PC HR types, but all dumb PC HR types are Democrats.

:ousucksnana:

• Funny Funny x 2