Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

You are certainly right, which is to say it would be just as effective as the current warning on tobacco products.

• Hot Hot x 1
  2. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  3. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Basically, if black folks can’t do something, it is due to white supremacy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Every time some dumbass teacher says **** like this, it builds the case for banning CRT in the classroom and tighter regulations on what teachers are allowed to say and do in the classroom. I'm generally a believer that teachers should have wide latitude in how they teach, but with that latitude comes a responsibility not to be idiots.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

But Mr D
    Therein lies the problem.

8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Bingo. The problem is there are more and more idiots teaching in public schools. My daughter had a Mexican teacher, who immigrated from Mexico, in HS who wouldn't let her go to the bathroom during class because her "white privledge" gave her too many other advantages. I couldn't even figure out how that made any sense at all...she just needed to pee. It was her senior year right as covid was hitting so I just let it go but I wanted to go up there and give him a fat lip.

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And that kind of thing should get him shitcanned. He should be treated the way a white teacher would be treated if he told a black student he couldn't go to the bathroom because he's already getting too much benefit from affirmative action. I wouldn't strip him of his license, but he should absolutely lose his job.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Wait, is this wouldn't let her go to the bathroom in virtual school in her own house?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

No, this was in school just as covid was breaking. Within a few days after they shut down schools.

12. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Think you mean "Within a few days before they shut down schools" so still in a traditional classroom. After they shut down schools means virtual school, no?

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I think it was meant to be read like "Within a few days after (i.e. in the next few days after this happened), they shut down the school."

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If there's any justice in this country, this professor will be a very rich man when this is over. He suffered and lost a huge piece of his career for ********, and it's time for the court system to end this. The Supreme Court needs to take one of these "equity" programs at a college (which are just rank racial discrimination with a nice face) and take a giant piss on it. It needs to end.

Also, Bari Weiss is very fast becoming my favorite lesbian. @mb227 if this chick is still available you should be chasing her down.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Difficult for a female to do, but walking over and peeing on that teacher's desk sounds like a reasonable way to make everyone happy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

There's such a shortage of teachers right now in most ISDs you'd have to hit a kid to be fired. DISD especially

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

But there is no shortage of administrators and bureaucrats (most of whom NEVER see the inside of a classroom) to make the teachers' lives and jobs an absolute living hell of unnecessary meetings, paperwork, "documentation", planning, and the like. All so they can do their own worthless paperwork to justify their existence.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Another "disinvitation" or "deplatforming" of someone with politically incorrect views (DEI efforts violate ethical and legal principles of equal treatment) - this time at MIT. Link. What I think is interesting is that this professor isn't being deplatformed to keep him from pitching his politically incorrect view. He's a climate scientist who was supposed to give a lecture on climate and the potential for life on other planets, which obviously has nothing to do with DEI. But any chance to screw with someone with the audacity to disagree . . .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

That would take too long!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's expensive to be woke and stupid. Glad to see that colleges are starting to get slapped around some for often flagrantly breaking the law. Link.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Totally unrelated, I swear. Could you make a financial donation to the university?

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Anyone who's even marginally Right-leaning and donates to UT or frankly any university or college other than Hillsdale or maybe a few others is a raging idiot for a lot of reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

And absolutely incredible that Harvard admins don't set a financial limit for giving up on lawsuits:

"Harvard University’s legal costs fighting a continuing 2017 challenge to its racial admissions practices have surpassed $25 million, the cap of its primary insurer, and it is now suing a secondary legal insurer, the Zurich American Insurance Company, over its refusal to pick up the tab going forward."

I might have said we'll stop pursuing this quite a few million ago.

24. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Same goes for watching/attending/purchasing any merchandise from any NFL, NBA, or MLB team.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Or, alternately, at least inquire of the law school if they have any promising legal minds in the program that could lend a hand and save a few hundred billable hours...

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I was season ticket holder at UT for 30+ yrs and donated a fair amount. This year I stopped for all the reasons cited above. Just couldn't write that check with the prevailing attitudes, the crap about the Eyes and all the other woke BS being promoted by UT leadership. I've spent my time watching Army and A&M this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Donating to colleges and universities is worse for two reasons. First, they are wildly bigger factors in the pushing of leftism. Professional sports teams dabble in it for appearances. Academia practically invented this ****, and it's becoming an important part of everything they do.

Second, colleges and universities already get your money through taxes, subsidies, and government contracts. Even if they didn't promote leftism, it would be dumb to give them money. It makes as much sense as donating to your local post office.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Privately, they'd probably like to. However, anyone who advocated doing so would be demonized to no end for selling out to Whitey and his patriarchy.

29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Not practically, literally. The US Left is now run by a form of Communism/Marxism that was home grown and developed in the US since the 30s. It sprang up in the New Left movement in the 60s. Went back underground, then started to develop again in the 80s and 90s in academia. Now they have vomited this destructive ideology into the culture at large. It's another attempt at a Cultural Revolution. It has elements of Maoism, Trotskyism, Leninism, New Left, Post-Modernism, etc. in it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Time for another fundraiser. "Help us pay for this $25M+ lawsuit or we'll have to drop it!"

• Funny Funny x 2