Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

LOL - now the ADL has an interim definition? We can guess why it changed. Lots of Jews upset that the previous definition said by white people as if racism couldn't occur outside of Europe, North America, and Australia. But seriously they couldn't copy and paste the dictionary's definition? They needed an interim definition?

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

We now have white on white racism. I am not making this up.

3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Well, that was the case with Rittenhouse, remember?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This came up in my news feed. Looks like Lady Antebellum settled the lawsuit with the singer they ripped off.

I just love this story, because it speaks volumes and says so much about the woke movement. A wealthy, white country music group wants to self-flagellate about its name and look woke and righteous. Do they donate money to help poor blacks or set up a scholarship or something like that? No. They do something totally superficial and f**k over a black lady in the process and then fight her in court.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And again, it speaks volumes about the woke movement. A bunch of rich white guys want to look righteous, so they're trying to get a rich black guy to buy one of their franchises so they can take their picture next to him and say in court, "see, we like black people." It's just a mockery at this point.

And I have a hard time believing that your average black American actually feels good about stuff like this. It's blatantly self-serving tokenism.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s for rich white libs who want to be seen as marching alongside MLK, as you said. Their value is wrapped up with being seen as a moral crusader.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I believe the white suburbans who support politicians such as AOC are trying to do just that; they want everyone to think they would have crossed the Selma bridge.

I know a rabid Liberal white man who was a close friend to my parents when I was growing up in Tallahassee, Florida. He has recently reconnected with my mom and she told me he hates Trump etc. In fact, it impacted their relationship. He tried to friend me on FB and I told him that anyone who would allow a long-time friendship end over politics (and guess what; he hit on my mom too) was nobody I cared to have around.

My point though is this; he was a young adult when Dr. King made that walk and guess what. This rabid white Liberal did not go. He didn't do anything.

But now he hates Trump and loves AOC.

I GUARANTEE that covers most elder white Liberals today.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And this is why John McWhorter considers wokeism to basically be a religion. It's largely white people who have rejected traditional religious practice seeking an unearned and undeserved moral standing and purpose.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I absolutely believe it is a religion. Climate change was the initial bible and now they're adding chapters. It consumes people. I have it in my own family along with the "friend" anecdote I mentioned above. The family members put it in your face at family reunions. It's an absolute disease. I'm convinced of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I didn't watch read the attachment but the painful trade-off of effort versus free time and the subsequent consequence of reward or failure is something that Liberals do not wish to speak of.

And if they don't, it's the revelation that what they actually want is to create a feudal society where effort means nothing. And because the people have been kneeded by a compliant media to believe their failures are not a factor of effort, but instead because of oppression by their fellow citizens, they will be psychologically corrected into thinking a guaranteed but limited upside is their just reward.

13. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

The trouble with progressives is that they frequently conflate things that government could do, with things the government Should do, and then some even go so far as to say the government MUST do. There are many things about American life that I would like us to better at. (homelessness, drug addiction, healthcare, education, to name a few) And I don't even mind government providing thinktank recommendations and studies, etc. What I do mind is when the Federal Govt, in particular, tries to actually invent programs to directly cure things. They inevitably screw it up and do it in the most bloated way imaginable. And as soon as the govt creates a program for it, it very soon gets imagined to be a "right" as opposed to a best effort process.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If anyone wants to read the Will article without having to fart around with the Washington Post's paywall. . . Link.

• Like Like x 2
  15. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Buttigag is lost in himself.

16. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

"What I do mind is when the Federal Govt, in particular, tries to actually invent programs to directly cure things. They inevitably screw it up and do it in the most bloated way imaginable. And as soon as the govt creates a program for it, it very soon gets imagined to be a "right" as opposed to a best effort process."

Exactly! And to carry it a step further - as soon as the Government comes up with a new program, they also create a new office to administer that new program. The goal of any government office is not to solve the problem - the goal is to assure the continued existence of that program/office. After all, that new program office is now some leader's empire - and he wants his empire to grow. It becomes a challenge for him to convince Congress and the Administration that the problem is much bigger than originally envisioned - and will require more resources and time. If he can convince them, then he grows his empire - and the problem continues.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Buttigieg is an activist and full of himself. That is not a leader. He caters to obsessives and in the end will triumphantly fail because he was the one who cared the most.

And his use of FMLA soon after appointment was one of the most pathetic displays of feminism I've ever witnessed.

But he is a Liberal, he has power and they are coming for all of us. Tell your Liberal friends that are not woke; they are dreaming and need to wake up from the faux world of goodness that destroys their ability to reason.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  18. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Buttigieg is probably a Marxist. His father was a prominent Marxist professor. He translated a key Marxist document into English. He lead the push to introduce Critical Theory into university education programs too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, Buddha-judge is the gay version of Obama.

20. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

That is very disturbing. It is at least coming out to the surface now.

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

When Simon Biles quit she was propped up by a horde of media and prominent people in the world. They said it was dangerous etc as excuses for quitting.

Then we have Mikaela Shiffrin, competing in the safe (sarcasm folks) sport of snow skiing. She was unable to finish three of the five races she entered. Something was off with her. We don't know what. But it was a crash and burn on national tv.

BUT SHE DIDN'T QUIT.

Mikaela Shiffrin Crashes Again, Will Leave Olympics Without Any Individual Medals

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Was she in a team competition or individual event?

24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Pretty sure it was individual events. Slalom... Downhill... etc

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Definitely different if crashing didn't bring down the team score then.

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If screwed up by parents want to screw up their children with this stuff in private schools, they can do that. It isn't my business. When they do it in public schools with our money, that's another matter.

27. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  28. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Deez, I don’t think the parents knew. That is the issue here in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

It did bring down the team score...the American team...no medals. Isn't that what Biles risked had she competed...a medal?

30. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1