Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CalFire asked the media to cease using "fire retardant" in reports.
    Instead, they should use "very special fire suppression methods."

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

As a lesbian, I strongly disagree...the child my partner had from a previous relationship turned out extremely well-adjusted. Graduated with honors and she is now approaching 30 years of age herself...

While my partner and I went separate ways around the time of the child's graduation, that had nothing to do with the fact that it was a lesbian relationship any more than the nearly 50% divorce rate for heterosexual couples is because they were heterosexual. Some relationships simply don't work out.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I'm glad that it worked out for that young lady. For the record, I don't think your sexual orientation makes you a monster. If we met, I wouldn't being eyeing you with disdain or trying to convert you from your 'evil ways'. You've made a choice as an adult about who you want to be with. I am actually in favor of stronger workplace/employment protections for gays,.... but I strongly feel that as a general rule (and the rule that society should be following and upholding) heterosexual marriages and parents is what children need and families should be made of.

I'm also opposed to "no fault" divorce that has become the norm and has lead to the incredibly high divorce rate. I'm of the opinion that while parents are obviously the overwhelming factor in how a child turns out, extended family (grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc) also play a substantial role and the farther away we get from traditional family being the norm, the worse off we are all going to be. Divorce, gay marriage...they both diminish the traditional multi-generational nuclear family and I think our society is paying a price for it everyday.

There are absolutely atrocious heterosexual parents but it is biologically and anthropologically demonstrated that heterosexuals are the way it is supposed to be.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

7. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Depends on what you mean by "turned out". In your case, said child would never have been born had not a man and a woman hooked up. In the KLM pic, #1 and #2 are not going to "turn out" in a way that results in a child being born.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Considering that IVF has been a 'thing' for many years, I would tend to disagree...I know several women who had children with their partner through artificial insemination. Some paid out of pocket and others had insurance coverage. One wound up with twins...

10. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I assume you are being funny. But then again it is California.....

11. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

You still need love juice from a male in order to make a baby through IVF.

12. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

That can easily be purchased, just like the egg. Some gay friends (males who met at Texas aTm) picked out their egg donor out of a catalog. 6"0" Scandinavian Master's in Chemical Engineering student at Stanford. That kid is now a Freshman and is wicked smart. They call him the $75k boy because that is what they paid for the egg, IVF and surrogate mother. I figured anyone willing to pay that kind of cash for a baby had to be a great parent.

13. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's pretty sad when someone with enough money to plop down to buy a kid is automatically considered good parenting material.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seattle Husker

That comment was said tongue in cheek. My wife and I didn't spend near that money to have our 3 boys. It was quite the investment. The question is, was it the genes or the way they've raised the kid? He's been in private school his academic career starting Kindergarten at age 4. At age 2 the kid read the me the menu at the Melting Pot. I love my sons and wouldn't trade them for the world but for a split second I had child envy.

15. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I am skeptical that you could read or write while at OU, but go ahead and enlighten me Bubba. Which companies are successful that hire in order to be "diverse", and in what manner do they implement this hiring diversity? Do they "eeny-meeny-miney- mo" it, or just look for different colors?

16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Stronger workplace protection for gays, or any other "special group" , causes less of the members of that special group to be hired. Why hire them if the threat of a lawsuit is more likely if they have to be terminated? This is another example of "social justice" having the exact opposite effect of that intended.

17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I'll just let you read up on it. I think it was Encarta that you looked it up on then. A graduate HR paper in MBA school from 1993 surely isn't timely as far as the players. Also, my 3.5" floppy is truly for archive purposes now.

18. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

And another liberal fallacy is exposed as false.

At some point, even you have to be saying, "WTF is wrong with me? Nothing I say or support makes any sense or can be justified. I'm tired of looking like a fool just because mommy and daddy voted for Democrats and I feel the need to do the same. As a sooner, I realize my options and reasoning skills are limited, but I'm tired of this and I'm not going to take it anymore."

19. Seattle Husker

Forget iatrogenic. At one time he had useful insight supported by valuable information. Now? He's simply a bitter person consumed by emotional rants and insults. Too much consumption of alt-right material, I suspect.

20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Ironically, my conclusion was that, while Title VII was necessary in the past, there was no need to have it going forward because the market was taking care of it. Very Libertarian of me, methinks. That was in my Rush phase when I was getting my MBA because I was scared of how Hillary care was going to impact the MHA.

21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

You must have seen that in a "poll", or one of the gossip magazines you read while having your nails done, or discussed this in one of the oh-my-gosh-did-you-see-what-Ivanka-was-wearing-today sewing circles you attend with your homosexual aggie "friends" and their freakishly conceived, unnatural, $75k off-the-shelf child to vent your collective frustration and hate for Trump and his henchmen. Regardless, continue on with your shrill blather, ignore the truth when it slaps you across the face, and keep posting useless drivel.

• Like Like x 1
  22. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Other than the incorrect assessment that Title VII was necessary at one time, your observation of the marketplace taking care of the mythical problem was dead on.

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Daddy always said, "never get into a pissing match with a skunk, no one wins".

• Like Like x 1
  25. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

After 45s dumb assed fire and fury remark the dear leader of N Korea called his bluff by threatening Guam with detailed plan. I also heard there is a giant Trump chicken by the White house .. lmfao what a putz this 45 is, and all who voted for him

[​IMG]

26. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Of course it was. Even worse our mayor couldn't understand his own city's policy because he said "I hesitate to imagine how embarrassed you’d be if someone thought you were upset that a private business was realizing a business opportunity by reserving one screening this weekend for women to see a superhero movie."

http://www.mayoradler.com/letter-wonder-woman/

27. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Maxine is that you? Mrs. Waters did you join Hornfans to gather opposition research on your hometown Trojans' opponent next month? :lmao:

• Like Like x 3
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It was a stupid-*** comment, but if war breaks out (and I don't think it will), it's not going to be because of that comment.

• Like Like x 2
  29. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Let's spitball liberal foreign policy ideas.

1)We should have called him a JV Dictator 2) draw an imaginary line in the sand.
    3) Since a democrat as POTUS is a lock in 4 years, we could also kick the can down the road.

• Like Like x 1
  30. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

Great putz remarks btw "someone who doesn't pay attention to anything going on; one who makes stupid remarks".

Instead of addressing 45 dumb *** fire and fury remarks and ignoring the fact his dumb *** bluff was called in less than 24 hours you choose to bury your head in the sand. Next time just call me a snowflake and leave it at that. 45 couldn't be more of a idiot as pres, his loyal followers are just as bad.