Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Does that include time for heating of water, milk?

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yes. It heats the water very fast, and I can steam milk pretty quickly as well.

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Just made a cappuccino for Mrs. Deez's mom. I went from whole beans and cold milk to a frothy cappuccino in 5 minutes and 47 seconds. :smokin:

4. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Nespresso is where it's at for me. Came across one in a Four Seasons suite in Houston a few years back.

Bought it online soon after and enjoyed it ever since. Brews in 20 secs or so.

They have a high quality selection of coffee and espresso as well. Also can use the machine for tea, etc as it makes steaming hot water very quickly.

[​IMG]

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Cold milk? It comes out of a cow warm. I now have to question everything you ever wrote on this board. Real coffee lovers use fresh milk.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If that's the machine I think it is, it's probably as good as it gets for instant coffee. I think it froths real milk, which is pretty good for an instant coffee machine. However, there's nothing any instant machine can do to match a freshly brewed espresso. It's just a matter of if you're willing to spend 5 minutes of time making your cappuccino. I am, and I could probably shave a minute off of that if I used an automatic grinder.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol. So I have to keep a cow in my backyard if I want to claim to like good coffee? I like good beer, but I don't grow my own hops and have a brewery in my celler.

And just for the record, I'm not a huge coffee lover. I probably only drink it once or twice per week.

8. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

IMHO, it really is head and shoulders above other instant machines. Both the machine and the quality of their selection.

It looks like it froths real milk but it's really just water. Pretty interesting how it does that. I could've sworn it used milk inside.

I imagine hand made is surely better. Wish i had the patience, although I do enjoy French Press on occasion.

9. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

The Nespresso machines are very good, abeit their pods are very expensive, like Starbucks level expensive. I'm an Americano man myself. Convenience is key so I've always gone with espresso machines that grind and brew. Freshly ground beans are key as well as filtered water. After literally wearing out 3 ~$2k-$3k all-in-one machines (Saeco and Delonghi) I went for an espresso only Jura machine. You can get a good machine for ~$600 if you don't need a frothing wand. I bought a $40 milk frother for the times when that's necessary.

I have a Keurig for work and was never that excited about it. It beats the coffee machines at work in a pinch.

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It used to be that you didn’t order cappuccino after lunch. Why? The milk wasn’t fresh at that point (even though most restaurants used pasteurized milk). It was an old custom that you don’t hear nowadays.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That may be true, but come on, Man. I see Europeans and even Italians drink cappuccino at all hours of the day. That custom went the way of French chicks not shaving their armpits.

12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Would you like a new shovel...that hole just keeps getting deeper and deeper. It is BOUND to have worn out that original shovel you were digging with LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Some conservative you are. :beertoast:

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And to think the left likes to believe that they are a party of unity...they create and maintain chasms at EVERY SINGLE TURN!

19. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

If you judge every group by its idiots, most groups are despicable.

20. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Ahem, that's "deplorable", thank you very much.

• Like Like x 8
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I thought I was getting a little picky when I only wanted Folgers Columbian...

• Like Like x 2
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I thot I saw a putty cat!

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I am so old, I remember when the biggest sex scandal in the US was VP Mike Pence bringing his wife to business dinners

• Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

JFK was schtupping this teenager while President (and married)
    Are we going to continue to name an airport after a misogynist like JFK?
    These monuments must come down.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

In Oklahoma, I'm sure that's the fancy stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But did he ask her mom first?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

One of the other Kennedy Bros left this young woman at the bottom of a river to die.

After drunkenly driving off a bridge, Teddy swam ashore to save himself, leaving Mary Joe Kopechne in the backseat of his car. Despite the fact that there was a house near the bridge with lights on, Teddy did not go there for help. Instead, he walked back to his motel, complained to the manager about a noisy party, took a shower and went to sleep. When he woke the next morning, he ordered newspapers, phoned a friend and two lawyers. Then he called the police. Nine hours had gone by.

Divers later said if he had called them immediately, they would have had time to save Mary Jo. She had not drowned, but had survived in an air pocket inside the car - she was asphyxiated only when the oxygen ran out several hours later.

The Senate not only did not expel Teddy for this death, they did not even investigate it. Instead, Obama gave him a Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor. He was also knighted by Queen Elizabeth,

[​IMG]

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think Senator Franken will appreciate your support. :)

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts