Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Darn, you guys are giving me more reasons to pine about my old age - as if old age wasn’t a bi*** enough in itself.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is nothing sacred in this country anymore?
    Now even the Colonel has a vaggie

[​IMG]

3. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

They sure are going thru Colonel's fast, maybe they ran out of guys who would do it? I just saw one the other night with Newman as Colonel Sanders.

4. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Hush! Dagnabit!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/26/...used-of-harassment-in-2008.html?smid=fb-share

This is kind of interesting. A few years ago Hillary made a judgement call and made a pragmatic decision to keep a talented employee who went over the line, but not over the top with a younger female staffer. I don't think politiicians... at least not Democrats... can do that any more.

It's kind of interesting. In some work/social/religious organizations/extended family there are groups where hugs, kisses and shoulder rubs are no big deal. In others it would stop down a gathering. When in doubt, I guess we should keep our hands and lips to ourselves.

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

You're being awfully generous with this description, IMO...

Repeated instances of that stuff should definitely have been grounds. It's not like all he did was kiss her on the cheek or something when he greeted her. If she complained about it and he kept doing it, that isn't about cultural differences or gray areas - particularly when you start getting late-night suggestive emails.

• Like Like x 3
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Every virtue signaling Hillary supporter should gag on this, not like it is going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Blaming Islamic terrorism on video games has to one of the dumbest rationales of the year. Idiocracy was supposed to be just a movie, not a prophesy

[​IMG]

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And of course the Times was awfully generous with Hillary Clinton. She did the complete opposite of what people like her claim should happen in this kind of scenario. Of course, she has said that sexual assault and harassment victims deserve to be "heard, believed, and supported."

Did Hillary "hear" the victim. In the literal sense, yes. I don't think anyone wore ear plugs when she told her story. Did she "believe" her? Hard to say. Maybe. Did she "support" her? No. Not only did she not fire the guy, she protected him from punishment and let him get hired in 2016 by a pro-Hillary group run by one of George Soros's hacks, who's also very close to Hillary. Furthermore, the woman was moved to another position as if she was the troublemaker. The guy was allowed to stay where he was.

Did the Times call out her flagrant hypocrisy? No. The tone of the article is very matter of fact and leaves it entirely up to the reader to connect the dots. Would they have been so reserved with a Republican who had arguably been hypocritical? No, they would have called him out for it and made it a lead point in the story.

• Like Like x 4
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Just saw a note on Twitter that Hillary was at this guy’s birthday party 3 months ago.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Pretty good article on how campus politics have bled into real politics.

12. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Even the NYT is no longer progressive enough:

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep, shame on them for printing something that isn't Left-wing ********.

14. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

The New York Times no doubt is mostly staffed by people with left leaning political views They are also smart, competent and prideful...and try to live up to the motto of reporting the news "without fear or favor." The Wall Street Journal has similar competence with a center-right predominant viewpoint. They are good sources of information... trying to inform and illuminate. I prefer media that aim for my cerebral cortex rather than my adrenal gland. Obviously, many don't, thus the rise of hyperpartisan media.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I agree with all of this except the part about reporting the news without favor. The reason we know they're staffed with left leaving people is that they don't report the news without favor. They very clearly favor one side.

16. Phil Elliott

Pro-Trump PR? I guess I have not seen that edition of the NYT.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

My token liberal, gay, Jewish friend on Facebook posted this today.FB_IMG_1517239239152.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In case you missed it (and it sounds like you did), the Grammys were on last night

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm sure it was a political **** show, but it also doesn't help that pretty much everything the modern music industry puts out is regurgitated garbage.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is it possible the culture war has finally begun to turn?

Given declining ratings/sales for --
    Hollywood film
    Music
    Sports/ESPN
    Cable TV
    Video gaming (the attempted move into this by liberal/marxist forces seems to have already failed)

Leaving -- academia

21. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I saw 5 minutes of it. Mylie Cyrus was doing a karaoke version of Tiny Dancer. I hope i didn’t get counted as a watcher just for that.

22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I love how the libs talk about Trump being classless but that Clinton crap last night at the grammys was the most tasteless garbage I've ever seen. She can't get over losing the election.

• Like Like x 1
  23. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Hollywood and Pop Music are determined to get Trump re-elected. And no, I did not watch.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

To be fair, pop music was trash even before Trump. Honestly I can't think of a single song I like coming out in almost ten years, and they haven't put out a significant amount of music I like in 20 years.

• Like Like x 2
  25. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Can she just go away.

26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Obviously not. Just like the libs here she just can't handle Trump being president. It's only going to get worse if Trump has continued success.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  27. Phil Elliott

Let her and Pelosi and Watters keep talking. Give them a mic and a camera anytime they want it.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

"She had blood coming out of her...you know"..."Look at that face! Would anyone vote for THAT? Can you imagine that, the face of our next President?"...One could go on forever with actual quotes. This one was particularly bad, IMHO.

HRC was playing to her audience. It was tasteless but the bar has been lowered to previously unimaginable depths. She just needs to disappear into the history books at this point.

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not to be outmatched by the NFL, Major League Baseball is going PC. Link.

30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I hope not. On a long drive last week, I listened to Progress on XM. There were multiple people calling in about how she stole the primary from Bernie and was a huge problem for democrats. I hope the elitist libs in Hollywood keep her front and center. The RNC should donate to her campaign.

• Like Like x 3