Durant scoring

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by hornpharmd, Jan 20, 2014.

1. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

30 plus in 7 straight now. includes 54 and 48 point games. averaging 36 points/ game in January with Westbrook sidelined.

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

3. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

it's only jan 20, so lebron or maybe CP3 might surpass, but KD would be the clear NBA MVP right now.

4. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

LaMarcus Aldridge is definitely in the MVP mix. 6th in scoring (24.1 ppg), 6th in rebounding (11.3 rpg) and the primary reason Portland has improved from sixteen games under .500 last year to arguably the best team in the league this season.

5. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

Aldridge is having (another) nice year, as is Portland, but I dont have him near the top of my MVP list.

KD is #1 halfway through the season. He's exceeding 30 points per game (1253 total). As you said, Aldridge is around 24/game (989 total).

Both should be all-stars though, with Durant starting at SF for the West.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

It helps when he can push off Belinelli to get open and have Belinelli whistled for the foul. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

The Spurs got jobbed on a few calls but it was hardly the worst officiating I've seen. Durant has learned how to get to the line, as did MJ and Kobe in their halcyon days. I had rather that the Spurs won, but I am happy for KD's success.