early rivals 250 rankings for class of 2013

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by tamster, Feb 10, 2012.

1. tamster

tamster 500+ Posts

Rivals 250 class of 2013

Tyrone Swoopes is # 11
    RSJ is #13
    Jake Raulerson is #51

aggy has 3 commits already
    isaiah golden - DT #63
    Kohl stewart - QB #181
    derrick griffin - wr #19

2. Dirty Martin

Dirty Martin 500+ Posts

aggy has already held their first junior day.

Very good pickups for them though.

3. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

Looks like going to the $EC is awarding already......

4. BigVegasHorn26

BigVegasHorn26 250+ Posts

Good chance DG never qualifies and he probably goes the BBall route if he keeps growing. KS should be ranked higher IMO, but I also think he'll have a tough decision between getting $$ by the MLB or pursuing FB at aggieland. Golden was a great p/u by them. I doubt he flips, especially with our depth chart, but I hope the staff stays on him until the end.

5. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

Aggy is the backup plan for most of these guys. If they get a better offer(better school), they jump.

6. bazbo

bazbo 500+ Posts

Almost all these ranked Texas boys on the list are scheduled to be at Jr days the next 2 weeks

7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

That's a pretty good list of Aggy de-commits.

8. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

Just let the first season in the SEC take it's toll on the hapless gomers. All 3 of those guys will see the light and be done with ole atm.

9. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

Could go that way BishopHorn but not at all a given. Ags schedule this year could be easier, overall, than had they played in Big 12 South. Their overall record could be that ok, and they may well have one year (maybe 2) where they can convince some kids that they're on the rise. More than likely, the wheels will come off at some pt, but they're not in bad shape right now.

10. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

Yes CriagHorn and it may be pretty much a sure thing that they lose Griffin to Blinn anyway. Stewart was never on our radar and the only one we have interest in flipping would be Golden if we need him.

11. Loma Vista

Loma Vista 100+ Posts

Big XII South?

I thought the conference went to no divisions after 1/3 of its teams left for greener pastures.

12. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

13. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Add Jake Oliver #61 to our list, with Jake Raulerson #51.

14. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

Add #69 A'Shawn Robinson DT

15. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

The first three commits being from the national top-75 is nice. I don't remember that happening before... If the next commit is #13 RSJ, like how some news reports say "is expected", that will be quite something. R.J.

16. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Make it the first 4 from national top75. Big one, 5 star #11 Swoops. Good going.

17. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Just for the record, make it 5, with #13 Ricky Seals-Jones. Five out of the six commits so far from the top-75. Can't complain...

18. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Just keeping score. Make it 6 from the national top-75 and third from top-25 with #25 Kent Perkins joining today as our 10th commit. Quite amazing!

Miles, Manning and James are the only three uncommited ones out of the 11 top-100 rivals players from Texas. All top-75 players are gone, with 6 of 8 to us and two to aggy.

R.J.

19. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Since I started keeping count, may as well keep going.. Make it #7 from the National top-100, with #92 Darius James commiting as our 12th. #86 Miles and #89 Manning are the only top-100 Texans remaining.

R.J.

20. everybodygodeep

everybodygodeep 500+ Posts

Texas kids are ranked very differently by 247 and Rivals this year.

21. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

most of the sites have there top 10 very simalar and beyond that they all rate them diffrently. the way i look at it is if you get a top 150 player. the kid can play.

22. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Yes, the rivals and 247 rankings for Texas kids are quite unusually divergent this time. On the other hand,our 7 guys who are in the rivals top-100 are also in the 247sports top-100 (actually in the top-70). It seems like we have taken mostly players who are consensus top-100 players.

The 247sports rankings of our commits: The Link

20 Kent Perkins
    25 Jake Raulerson
    32 Ricky Seals-Jones
    36 Darius James
    50 A'Shawn Robinson
    58 Jake Oliver
    70 Tyrone Swoopes
    121 Jacorey Warrick
    147 Kyle Hicks
    193 Daeshon Hall

There are 10 of our commits in their top-247 but in the rivals 250 list, we only have the 7 from the top-100 and the other 5 aren't ranked.

The most interesting divergence may be on OU's commit Keith Ford (RB) who is the highest ranked Texan at #18 in 247sports but only #114 and the 12th Texan in the rivals list. Our commits do not seem to be that disputed.

It is all early. The lists will shake up quite a bit by end of this year, but I expect our top-7 to still be in the top-100. That's great.

R.J.