Elon Musk Stuff

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by LonghornCatholic, Jun 1, 2022.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You still have time to short a few thousand shares since you seem convinced the sale will never be finalized...it's only ~$37 a share right now. And since libs believe nothing Slow Joe has done is screwing up the economy, surely you have an extra $40K laying around...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Vol agree
    And as Sangre pointed out the Woksters were quickly replaced.
    Feel good story.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Has he bought the platform yet?

5. LonghornCatholic

6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Will he buy Twitter in my lifetime? That's what I really care about. :e-face-tears::e-face-tears:

7. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Between reaching Mars and closing the twitter sale, one is easy and one is hard. That's why Musk only promised Mars in our lifetimes.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

He locked in a rate via a purchase offer and a signed contractual agreement. Then the bubble burst to some extent. It's similar to putting in an offer on a house with $2,000 of earnest money. The process goes along and the owner is requested to repair something (french drain, mold damage, etc.) following the inspection. In the mean time the interest rate spikes or the local Wrangler plant closes and the $ offered on the house turns into a poor purchase. There are two options. 1. Continue with the contractually agreed purchase. 2. Opt out and lose your earnest money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Twitter deal’s off

Reuters: Elon Musk looks to abandon $44 billion Twitter deal

Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk said on Friday he was terminating his $44 billion deal for Twitter Inc (TWTR.N), saying that the social media company had failed to provide information about fake accounts on the platform.

Shares of Twitter were down 7% in extended trading. Musk had offered $54.20 per share in April.

In a filing, Musk's lawyers said Twitter had failed or refused to respond to multiple requests for information on fake or spam accounts on the platform, which is fundamental to the company's business performance.

"Twitter is in material breach of multiple provisions of that Agreement, appears to have made false and misleading representations upon which Mr. Musk relied when entering into the Merger Agreement," the filing said.

The announcement is another twist in a will-he-won't-he saga after the world's richest person clinched a $44 billion deal for Twitter in April but then put the buyout on hold until the social media company proved that spam bots account for less than 5% of its total users.

The terms of the deal require Musk to pay a $1 billion break-up fee if he does not complete the transaction.

Musk had threatened to halt the deal unless the company showed proof that spam and bot accounts were fewer than 5% of users who see advertising on the social media service.

The decision is likely to result in a long protracted legal tussle between the billionaire and the 16-year-old San Francisco-based company.

10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The guy who I listen to who all these people called an idiot said that this deal was dead 2 months ago and they were all pandering to the Delaware judicial system.

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Then you should be sitting pretty if you followed the guidance to short the hell out of it...and if you did NOT short the hell out of it while being convinced the deal would fall through, then who is the idiot now?

12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’m long on double wides right now. And I’m thinking of taking up a position in Sudafed.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

The tiny house craze is booming right now. In OK that means 1/4 wides.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

1/4 wide means less land to thieve....

15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Those Oklahoma tornadoes will blow them all the way to Nashville. Besides some of my relatives up there couldn't fit their butt inside.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Wouldn't surprise me if musk is doing this for leveraging a better deal (for him) than the original offer. Twitter has been exposed to a good degree by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I'm out. Moderate Democrat for the loss.

18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

The concept works until your typical Okie woman tries to walk down the hallway of a quarter wide and gets wedged between the walls...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

20. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

4005 Island Knoll...and on a corner at the front of a gated community? Meh...I've seen better out there. FFS, Michael Dell's back entrance to the Toro Canyon complex was just up the road from the place I lived in a little more than 20 years ago.

Had to laugh at the article making a big deal about Musk's plane being in Austin several days a week. Makes me wonder if they forgot about his Tesla complex out BY the airport near 71 and 130...makes sense he would be in the area on a regular basis.

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Elon is a quirky genius. Don't always agree with him.
    But at least he stays in his children's lives.
    Yeah I know it is easy when you are the world's richest.
    But because he is he could also find ways to just pay and not be involved

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. LonghornCatholic

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Elon is genius. He let his thumbs and emotions get him into trouble here. How long until he’s posting on HF?

My reference on this says he’s going to get hit for way more than the basic buyout in the contract.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

And mine says he is going to end up buying Twitter much cheaper than his original offer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

He better sponsor.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I haven't followed this closely
    But does this mean Twitter has to prove that less than 5% of users are spam bots?

27. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Crap, you just outed me - er, I mean ...

.. spam bot checking in. How many total users are there so we can do the math of 1/x = % to see?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Best case for Elon is they want this to go away and they let him out at $1 billion and he sells off all of his shares. That's my prediction. Otherwise, only the lawyers get rich.

To pretend that you didn't know that Twitter had way too many bots is like an aggy pretending that yell practice and the crap with the overalls and dogs is "normal".

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Rated that funny because of aggie comparison but would comment that ‘when’ do the lawyers not get rich.

30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Bubba
    So you are ok with Twitter continually lying about % of bots since everyone knows Twit is lying.

• Like Like x 2