Empty Chair Lynched

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by biganakhanhda, Sep 20, 2012.

1. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

All I can do is shake my head as I've been subjected to racially charged discrimination growing up after immigrating here to Texas from Vietnam when I was 6. Regardless of your political beliefs, this is extreme to say the least. I would expect this elsewhere in the state, but it being in Austin makes it all the more somber.

Facepalm...

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Just some more of the same old "if you don't like it, don't look at it!" rhetoric that's been pervasive in politics, regardless of which side of the aisle you fall on.

I agree that the homeowner has a right to do that. I also have the right to call him numbnuts.

3. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

Is this surprising? Did you change anyone's mind on this forum from before on what they think of race? No and No.

Does telling us about your own discrimination make your posts more legitimate? No. But I'm sorry you went through it.

Did you give publicity to someone who needs to be ignored? Yes.

4. hornyhoosier

hornyhoosier 500+ Posts

If I drove by that house, I would have no idea what that meant.

I'd probably think that person was spray painting the chair.

5. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

6. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

His chair, his rope, his property ..... his freedom of speech.

7. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

8. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

This type of stuff was stupid when Bush was president and its stupid now. People on the far end of either party are strange strange people that like to be angry.

If people spent as much time volunteering or working extra hours as they did on being pissed off about politics, the world would be a better place.

9. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

And this this story is now on the front page of MSN.

10. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

11. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

I imagine his HOA will have something to say abt it.

12. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I don't care nor should you. This is relevant to no one except for the guy who did and will expend physical energy putting this up and taking it down.

13. hooklahoma

hooklahoma 1,000+ Posts

In the 8 years bush was in office I saw at least 2 dozen photos of "execute bush" bush hung in effigy, and abort bush. Not once was it a news story.

******* hypocrites.

14. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

15. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

It's down now. KEYE in Austin did a report on it and their reporters were on the sidewalk in front of his yard as he was actually taking it down. He is quite personable. Sort of like a wild boar, a hoot to hang with.

16. Stove Top

Stove Top 25+ Posts

lighten the f#@k up, Francis!

17. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

I hate to issue a strong opinion on this as it's my rule not to offend fellow posters on the board.

I'll just default on this one.
    Beam me up Scotty. WTF.

[​IMG]

18. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Biganakhanhda said it all with the facepalm.

19. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

20. CedarParkFan

21. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

My aging eyes must be the reason I have a harder time distinguishing the blurry lines between aggies, republicans, and racists these days.
    The Link

22. CedarParkFan

Get some glasses.

23. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

Could also be cataract, glaucoma or the dreaded "wet AMD." I'd get that checked out if I were you.

In defense of the chair hanging kook, while certainly an idiot, it's not certain that he's a racist. White people have been hanged too. The thing is I'm sure that deep down he still likes that chair, despite what it stands for. Stabbing the chair would have resulted in a blunted knife and likely injury to himself. Blasting it with a shotgun would have rendered it incapable of providing adequate back support. I think we can all see why he chose the rope. It was actually the only reasonable choice for a guy who wants to simulate hanging the president whatever color that president may be. Were that a resin chair, more easily stabbed, your cries of racism might be more believable.

24. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

Independent sources confirm that due to the majority intersecting sets, one dumbass winds up looking very much like another.

25. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

27. Alpine

Alpine 100+ Posts

OP, you must wet your panties when you see a white man walking a big dog. After all, many white racists have sicced dogs on minorities in the past. There is simply no way to escape the fact that you are a victim and will always be a victim!